Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I think that's one way to interpret it. Another is that Rivera clearly has a comfort level with Donaldson since she's been THE authority on his thinking this off-season. That could mean we see less of a disconnect between the actual team and the fan- facing team-sponsored media, at least.

What do I mean by that? Well, think how often we'd be in the middle of a disastrous 4-12 type season and you'd tune in to get your intelligence insulted by the "Voice of the Redskins" pushing obvious propoganda that is totally disconnected from reality.

Getting a real journalist in that position, one who clearly has a direct line to the coaching staff, should mean smarter fan-facing content and more cohesiveness between what the team is and how it presents itself. 

Idk, maybe I'm alone but being expected to swallow sunshiney bull**** on top of our incompetence enraged me almost more than the team's performance back when I still would get mad about things like that rather than rooting for us to hit rock bottom. 

Somehow I think we'll deal with less of that disingenuous garbage now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think Rivera has played a significant part in this acquisition. 

I mean, it’s also blatantly apparent our front office is/was severely lacking in executive resource. 

he's been championing women in football for a while and for several years he's spoken at Women's Careers in Football... he's legitimately interested in seeing women succeed... if he can't help get the culture fixed, no one can... and yea i think Rivera was instrumental in getting Donaldson.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, GreenFields said:

Why haven’t we signed them yet?

If we are really planning to have a new Team name before Training Camp like some of the the soft rumors have been hinting at, It would be cool if we are just waiting to have Chase Young be our first signing under a new banner. That would be an awesome way to start out fresh. Announce the team name one day, sign Chase the next, own the news cycle for several more days. Wins all around.

Unfortunately, It would create a make-a-stat that will be repeated by every announcer from now until the end of time whenever Chase makes his first impact play in a game. It would quickly become a bit that just wont die. (Zombie Pun)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think that's one way to interpret it. Another is that Rivera clearly has a comfort level with Donaldson since she's been THE authority on his thinking this off-season.

I posted a tweet a loooooong time ago of someone saying Donaldson and Rivera's wife were close. So your post is probably spot-on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

If we are really planning to have a new Team name before Training Camp like some of the the soft rumors have been hinting at, It would be cool if we are just waiting to have Chase Young be our first signing under a new banner. That would be an awesome way to start out fresh. Announce the team name one day, sign Chase the next, own the news cycle for several more days. Wins all around.

Unfortunately, It would create a make-a-stat that will be repeated by every announcer from now until the end of time whenever Chase makes his first impact play in a game. It would quickly become a bit that just wont die. (Zombie Pun)

Keim just said on his podcast that he thinks the name gets announced this week. Doesn't know what it is or whether it will be a temporary or permanent name. Also said we would have known it by now if not for the Post story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Unfortunately, It would create a make-a-stat that will be repeated by every announcer from now until the end of time whenever Chase makes his first impact play in a game. It would quickly become a bit that just wont die.

hey I’m a VT fan. If I have to hear about our ****ing lunch pail one more time I’m going to go jump off a bridge. 

but it’s all we got so sometimes you just gotta take the win 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Idk, maybe I'm alone but being expected to swallow sunshiney bull**** on top of our incompetence enraged me almost more than the team's performance back when I still would get mad about things like that rather than rooting for us to hit rock bottom. 

Somehow I think we'll deal with less of that disingenuous garbage now. 

You weren’t alone.  Having the Iraqi foreign minister as our “face of the team” was off-putting. 

24092911-1868-4C0A-8BDC-24CCE06F1E96.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It’s a pure PR move. The previous guy had to retire due to his sexual harassment being revealed. So, they replace him with a woman; to lessen the heat on Snyder.

Once the heat dies down; her tenure will end.

That’s a very cynical view, which might be warranted.  But she’s an absolutely outstanding reporter and presenting screen and we know she has ties to Rivera.  I think she sticks around.

Also, even though the fact she is a woman does look good from a diversity perspective, there’s no question Ron could get in front of a microphone and say they got the absolute best person for the job regardless of gender or race. 

• Like 2

Great hire. With the team going through a serious transition with the name change and the fallout from the Post article, the content put out will be more important than ever. Even before the allegations came out against Michael, the team desperately needed an upgrade in that regard. I couldn't stomach Michael and his hokey content anymore. 

Edited by Murphs56

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a very cynical view, which might be warranted.  But she’s an absolutely outstanding reporter and presenting screen and we know she has ties to Rivera.  I think she sticks around.

Also, even though the fact she is a woman does look good from a diversity perspective, there’s no question Ron could get in front of a microphone and say they got the absolute best person for the job regardless of gender or race. 

My opinion has nothing to do with her. If there was no scandal and Larry just retired; would Dan still have hired a woman in the position?

I think the attorney he hired probably had a say, saying he needs to hire a woman in the position.

The lady maybe great but I think the job offer only came because of scandal. If it was a normal opening; I just don’t see the hiring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slinky said:

he's been championing women in football for a while and for several years he's spoken at Women's Careers in Football... he's legitimately interested in seeing women succeed... if he can't help get the culture fixed, no one can...

Rivera sure is the ideal hire, especially in these current circumstances. Dan hiring the guy months ago looks like a master stroke now. He got lucky on more than one front.

Maybe Dan was clever enough at the back end of last year to see the impact of all these cultural issues and made a proactive move. 

Or maybe he got lucky. 

One thing for sure, Rivera is the prefect HC for his team right now and seems like a strong ally at this point. He’s also in a strong enough position to influence some necessary change.

Interesting dynamic going on there.

I think both new employees make sense. Yes marketing guy is a bit "same old". But at a this moment it would be odd to hire a complete outsider on short notice to run a name change. No owner in any business would do that. You just grab somebody that you know can do the job. Maybe a year after all the dust settles you can look for outside hire (put some head hunters to work). This is just quick short fix. 

Donaldson seems to have a good relation with Rivera and they needed a statement hire. So that also makes sense. She is a well respected media member who earned her stripes. So nobody questions the hire in terms of experience. We didn't just hire a pretty girl to work as a fake statement. 

Edited by wilco_holland

All scepticism aside, I should also add that Donaldson does looks like a very good hire for that position. It will bring significantly more professionalism to that area of the organisation, especially with Rivera’s underlying influence across the board.