Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

19 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

In Dutch we say "onkruid vergaat niet"

Ill weeds grow apace

Surprised I have not seen you before. My family is Dutch, grandparents immigrated during the depression and my dad grew up on a tulip bulb farm in, where else, Michigan where all the Dutch collected in America.  

Dude these Fitz guys...we hired a Ron + a couple of new scout and FO guys are minorities + female in executive media role. How on earth can you then even think about complaining?! Don't be so uptight about the proces. Look at our team. How on earth can they not be happy? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Michigan where all the Dutch collected in America.  

With the exception on NY...where Albany was a major Dutch trading area...and there's an NBA named after the Dutch..and my college mascot was a Dutchman......

;)

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

How on earth can they not be happy? 

Cause....Snyder.

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Surprised I have not seen you before. My family is Dutch, grandparents immigrated during the depression and my dad grew up on a tulip bulb farm in, where else, Michigan where all the Dutch collected in America.  

Yeah Michigan is the hot spot. 

I'm also a national team lacrosse coach. In lacrosse you are allowed to field a couple of North Americans with Dutch heritage (either parent or grand parent). I'm always surprised how many of those there still are. 

12 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

People really pushing for Chris...

"exposed myself with a playbook/dated a cheerleader and got her fired/ admitted to being hungover for games"

...Cooley to be the new media face for a team that just got popped for sexual harassment and toxic masculinity culture?

Ok then... confused0077.gif

So if we're going to get into Cooley's personal life, let's at least get it all out there: He was married at 20, got divorced after 2 years.  Quickly started dating a Redskins cheerleader, Frankie Buglisi, who brought another Cheerleader, Christy Ogilvie, to a welcome home party.  Chris liked Christy better, started dating her instead.  Both Cheerleaders were kicked off the squad.  He married Christy.  Then they divorced several years later.  (I actually knew her a very little bit.) He's now on wife 3, this one seems like it will stick, and he has 2 children.  

I don't know if past transgressions matter fully, but he was young, dumb, rich and famous, and Christy traded her Cheerleader status for "wife of NFL player" status.  I feel kindof bad for Frankie.  She got kicked off the squad and didn't get to marry and NFL player.  Shrug.  

Anyway, I don't know if most people remember this, and given that he's married with 2 kids, approaching 40, and has seemingly left a lot of his playboy days in the past, it's probably not a HUGE issue.  He's also really good on TV.

I was never a huge fan of his when he was playing because of his shenanigans.  But he really does break plays down exceptionally well.  And I've learned a lot about football listening to him, and that I appreciate.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm aware of the difference.  But I'm also aware that Snyder isn't being investigated for anything else.  DC media needs to put the pedal to the metal and not let up until they find something.  I've gotta believe that there's something there.

I am pretty sure they are trying.  But you know, there might not be anything that is really scandal or "remove from ownership" worthy.  So he's an arrogant asshole. And he's bad at his job. Fine.  There are a lot of arrogant assholes in business.  Steve Jobs was an arrogant asshole.  (Jobs, obviously, was a genius who did his job better than just about anybody did their job. But that didn't make him NOT an asshole.)  

It's possible Dan is just a jerk and asshole, but he's not racist (I don't think he is) or sexist (again, there's no reason to think he is.)  He has never been remotely implicated in any type of illicit behavior apart from potentially humiliating some other top executives.  Which is somewhat bad, but you also don't know the full story about some of those things.  It's possible Dan and whoever it was who he made do cartwheels had a good relationship, and it as somewhat joking.  What is REALLY important is it hasn't come out he has berated or belittled junior staff.  THAT would be bad. Really bad.  That could get you removed.  But that hasn't come out either.

And I'm sure the Post and others are trying desperately to find something other than "Yeah, he's an ass hat and bad at hiring people and a rotten de facto GM."  But we have to realize that really might be all he actually is.  

NOTE: This isn't a defense of Dan in any way.  It just is what it is. And I'm sure the media has been trying to find something on him for a decade.  There just might not be anything that ties back to him directly.  Shrug. 

15 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Yeah Michigan is the hot spot. 

I'm also a national team lacrosse coach. In lacrosse you are allowed to field a couple of North Americans with Dutch heritage (either parent or grand parent). I'm always surprised how many of those there still are. 

So I could qualify?   Are you looking for any 61 year old lacrosse players who have never played lacrosse by any chance?  

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So I could qualify?   Are you looking for any 61 year old lacrosse players who have never played lacrosse by any chance?  

61 = experience

Redskins fan = native American fan boi = lacrosse connection. 

I only see positives 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Dude these Fitz guys...we hired a Ron + a couple of new scout and FO guys are minorities + female in executive media role. How on earth can you then even think about complaining?! Don't be so uptight about the proces. Look at our team. How on earth can they not be happy? 

They don't care about any of that.  They are just out for blood.  And I get it.  The team is an easy target. 

This is where I REALLY wish Dan could have an honest to God interview, probably with Donaldson at this point, and answer some of these things and defend the team, the organization and to some extent himself a little bit.  I'm a realist, I don't think he's going anywhere.  So since he does own the team, he needs to find a way to explain himself better.  

And Donaldson would be great for that.  Because SOMEBODY from the team should stand up and actually say exactly what you just said, officially, and also state they are probably the most diversely run and coached team in the league.   I actually think Dan and Ron should BOTH say it.  They should acknowledge the problems of the past, and how they are addressing the future, and what they have done, including hiring Donaldson, the African American woman coach, a minority HC, and others.  And Donaldson can coach him through it.  She can ask the tough questions in a non-threatening way, and they can prep for the answers so Dan doesn't feel surprised.  She works for the team but has journalistic integrity, which Michael never had.  

If there's one thing they've gotten right since Ron took over, it's diversity.  And they should be able to defend themselves over it.  

32 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I wish we could get a few Dutch footballers with dual citizenship to suit up for team USA.

16 minutes ago, cgm110 said:

How hard is it to come up with a freakin name?!  Dan cant do ANYTHING right 

This isn’t a username that you pick for a forum. It’s a name established for a huge brand. Don’t rush it, take your time is the best approach.

• Like 7

Washington FT is BY FAR my #1 preference. Don’t over complicate this. Just call us Washington, keep the colors and such the same and move on down the road. Maybe replace the logo head with “DC” or something. All of the other options are lame/forced so just do what the Euro soccer teams do— seems to work fine for them. 

1 minute ago, kleese said:

Washington FT is BY FAR my #1 preference. Don’t over complicate this. <snip>

Agreed. 

Washington Team Football abbreviated WTF works for me on multiple levels. 

Hail to the team Dan Snyder has given us. A shining light upon a hill of dung. The virtual paradigm of ineptitude.

Hail to the WTFs!!!

Snyder finally got it right.

• Haha 2

I actually like all of this. It feels very old school and they want to get the fans more involved in the eventual name so why rush if? I like the no logo and the numbers on the helmets. Feels very old-school.

im actually in support of this (temporary) decision.

• Like 4

Good ol’ WFT.

*sigh*

1) the letters should be WTF *edit again, jokes been said...*

2) why not Washington Football Club. At least that sounds semi professional in the transition period.

Edited by KDawg

I’d say the name is there to set a impression of unified ‘team’, not same old boys ‘club’...

Also, at least our new FO hires get to have sufficient influence over the direction we go with this longer term.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d say the name is there to set a impression of unified ‘team’, not same old boys ‘club’...

Also, at least our new FO hires get to have sufficient influence over the direction we go with this longer term.

You think for a single second those thoughts ever crossed their minds?

• Like 2