Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 hours ago, Number 44 said:

If the hire of a female to an executive position in the NFL isn't considered a minority hiring, it should be.  Very few women in such positions.

As to Bateman, I thought he was already with the team.  Wouldn't that be considered a promotion, rather than a hire?

Julie is fine, it’s the Bateman hiring. The nfl expanded the Rooney rule this year. 

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Julie is fine, it’s the Bateman hiring. The nfl expanded the Rooney rule this year. 

I thought Fritz Pollard was investigating the Donaldson hire too--which would be a REALLY bad look right now. It's really difficult to make Snyder look sympathetic, but I think that would do it.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Again, was this a hiring?  I thought he was with the team more than 10 years.  Seems to me that is called a promotion, not a hiring.  No?

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I thought Fritz Pollard was investigating the Donaldson hire too--which would be a REALLY bad look right now. It's really difficult to make Snyder look sympathetic, but I think that would do it.

They are investigating both but Rooney rule includes hiring a woman; so her hiring should be fine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Again, was this a hiring?  I thought he was with the team more than 10 years.  Seems to me that is called a promotion, not a hiring.  No?

He left for a year (2019) and was brought back I believe. 

Someone help me out here:

"According to Mark Maske of the Washington Post, "the Fritz Pollard Alliance had said it inquired about the hires of front-office executives Terry Bateman and Julie Donaldson."

"The Rooney Rule requires that teams interview minority or female candidates for coaching and front-office vacancies."

My question: is Julie Donaldson female? I always thought she--um, he?--was. If she is a female woman of the opposite sex, why would the Fritz Pollard Alliance want to inquire about the Skins hiring her?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Someone help me out here:

"According to Mark Maske of the Washington Post, "the Fritz Pollard Alliance had said it inquired about the hires of front-office executives Terry Bateman and Julie Donaldson."

"The Rooney Rule requires that teams interview minority or female candidates for coaching and front-office vacancies."

My question: is Julie Donaldson female? I always thought she--um, he?--was. If she is a female woman of the opposite sex, why would the Fritz Pollard Alliance want to inquire about the Skins hiring her?

That's just us living under the microscope right now. Dan did this **** to himself, any little move is going to be looked at by the league, and you can bet no other team will have as many eyes on them.

16 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Snyder should make a bloody fortune out of this renaming/rebranding.

I’ve said this before, the silver lining in this cloud of crap for him is massive. Do the job right and he’s going to make money all over the place with new sponsors etc. If it’s done correctly, they will be throwing money at him.

Another If, but If there is a season and we get a true emerging elite player, say Terry Mc or Chase Young, the marketing pool will just gets deeper. 

The dreamers, the hardcore, that always believe in the next hope! The guys I get so tired of because they never learn and are the ones that keep supporting that terd Danny boy. When has Dan ever done the job right?

Dan is so hanging his hat on Ron, its the last hoorrah. It isnt going to work, the team will start off and be terrible this year. By year 3 the Ron hire will be seen as Norv 2.0 maybe worse because he is saddled with Haskins for those that dont always realize it, Haskins will be exposed as the dud he is and the fans will be gone. No matter what Dan does he isnt getting any tax money for a stadium. He wont making any money he will be leaking it, leaking it bad!

Edited by Gibbs828791
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

The dreamers, the hardcore, that always believe in the next hope! The guys I get so tired of because they never learn and are the ones that keep supporting that terd Danny boy. When has Dan ever done the job right?

Dan is so hanging his hat on Ron, its the last hoorrah. It isnt going to work, the team will start off and be terrible this year. By year 3 the Ron hire will be seen as Norv 2.0 maybe worse because he is saddled with Haskins for those that dont always realize it, Haskins will be exposed as the dud he is and the fans will be gone. No matter what Dan does he isnt getting any tax money for a stadium. He wont making any money he will be leaking it, leaking it bad!

Your final statement is false. If the league as a whole remains financially healthy so will Dan Snyder and the organization. This is how the system is set up to work. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kleese said:

Your final statement is false. If the league as a whole remains financially healthy so will Dan Snyder and the organization. This is how the system is set up to work. 

There was a graph, maybe Forbes put out, that showed the WFT was the slowest growing team, or had grown the slowest over the last several years. Given Snyder's management of other companies he's owned it was wholly unsurprising.

The Rivera era is a new start.  

His 5 years can go 2 ways:

20:  2-8, Haskins is bust.  Still sticking to my 10 game season this year.

21: 4-12, Team struggles under our new QB we draft.

22: 8-8 - highlight of Rivera era.

23: 6-10 - Rivera fired.

20: 4-6. We struggle early, but Haskins cements his hold on the job as the season progresses.  

21: 10-6,  Team return to the playoffs and wins the wild card round before losing in the divisional round.

22: 12-4, Team wins division and we lose in NFC championship.

23: 7-9, losing season

24: 15-1, Team start out 10-0 en route to our Superbowl championship.  Rivera earns new contract during the season.

I'm thinking positive for now.  The fresh start will be positive for a change, even with the dark clouds still hanging over us.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

see the new pinned thread at top of page (important that you read it)

we have some issues with this thread (none of them involve the op who's been helpful) in that it not only covers a lot of turf, some of which should probably be split into separate threads, but in recent weeks has also developed a number of problematic tangents

yet there's many pages of soild football discussion invested in it too

our two equally important priorities here (thread/stadium) are to talk football and keep sociopolitical comments in the tailgate

i see two options: 1. close this thread and people can start one or more new ones with a new op for each of the topics covered in this one's title per normal or b. leave it open and try a work-around of having you who tell posters who post off-topic/political stuff to immediately go edit and course correct...

so i'm thinking we'll try leaving it open and see how you guys do directing those who stray...if it doesn't work, we go with option 1  

thenk yew :) 

• Thanks 1