Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I want Dan out as much as anyone else. Doesn’t stop Rivera being a good influence that we, as fans, should be encouraged by.

We do need to add someone like a Lafemina to clean up the business side--the conditions at WFT Park are horrid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

We do need to add someone like a Lafemina to clean up the business side--the conditions at WFT Park are horrid.

Well, Dan just hired a former BFF in Terry Bateman to clean up the culture.  The same culture that he was in when he worked here from 2006-2019, and he learned organizational culture from Snyder Communications so yeah........it's for sure going to get cleaned up /sarcasm

10 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I want Dan out as much as anyone else. Doesn’t stop Rivera being a good influence that we, as fans, should be encouraged by.

He's ultimately reporting to Snyder.  

I'm also just not a Rivera fan.  Four winning seasons in nine years, sub .500 the past four years.  And not only did we make him head coach, we gave him personnel power as well.  Only Belichick has really done well running both.  The others who normally come up as coach-centric organizations (Seattle and Kansas City) work extremely well together and I would say it's a collaborative effort.  

I want Rivera working with his coaches and players installing the culture on the field, with someone else focused on the front office, and another person focused on the business end.  There are only so many hours in a day, and a lot of work needs to be done.  One person can't do it all. 

So, this has something to do with the organization a bit i guess. Redskinstoday posted on twitter that Tress Way comes in at #1 on the NFL’s top 100 players of 2019 list for the second straight season. 

first off, the entire list hasn’t been revealed yet.....and second, I’m pretty sure Brady was #1 last years list.....

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, this has something to do with the organization a bit i guess. Redskinstoday posted on twitter that Tress Way comes in at #1 on the NFL’s top 100 players of 2019 list for the second straight season. 

first off, the entire list hasn’t been revealed yet.....and second, I’m pretty sure Brady was #1 last years list.....

This is why you dont have friends either...that list is overrated..tk was right.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Good, I hope it's big, huge. I hope it can finally get Snyder out. 

Unless the Post is about to publish a picture of 'The Dan' shooting a puppy in the head while getting peed on by a Russian prostitute draped in a confederate flag, I wouldnt get my hopes up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Koala said:

Unless the Post is about to publish a picture of 'The Dan' shooting a puppy in the head while getting peed on by a Russian prostitute draped in a confederate flag, I wouldnt get my hopes up.

One can hope...one can hope...

On 7/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Bateman has long had ties to owner Dan Snyder. He was the president of Snyder Communications' marketing services division from 1994 to '97. He also was Washington's chief marketing officer in 2006. He has worked in a similar role to the one just announced, albeit as a part-time adviser to Snyder and the team, in recent years.

In a statement, the team said Bateman would spearhead the name change and branding efforts along with Snyder. He will also oversee all of the team's marketing activities, sponsor relations, internet and broadcast media operations and overall business strategy.

"I am very excited to be joining the organization at such a critical moment in history," Bateman said in the statement.

Just been catching up with some of the interviews on the teams main site, Rivera confirmed that Bateman has been working closely with him along the way since January as a consultant, effectively doing the same type of role he’s been brought directly onto the payroll to do. I hadn’t picked up on that earlier.

• Like 1

I was just over at profootballtalk.com reading an article about Rivera saying he didnt come here for the money basically...I read the article and I just love our new coach more n more errry day.

He also says get all the articles out of the way now..let's get all the **** out from the past..go on and say how ****ed up it's been here but also we'd like to hear you say look at what there doing to improve...😌😌😌😌😌😌😌

This is going to be a team to reckon with..dont hold your hand over your ass..I commend yall for sticking around.

Edited by bakedtater1

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

My god, I hope Del Rio coaches better than he tweets. It's absurd what this guy posts on Twitter from time to time.

Real simple to fix actually...really simple...STAY OFF TWITTER!!

I mean is this a serious question?...

It's like me here...I truly believe alot of folks here cant stand me for some of the stuff I've said..which is a shame..I'm fine with it I can get by knowing folks cant stand me here..but I guarantee if we were to meet in person they would change there minds.

Edited by bakedtater1

41 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Real simple to fix actually...really simple...STAY OFF TWITTER!!

How will that fix the issue? He'll still tweet, I just wouldn't see it. Ignoring everything is a fine strategy for some, I like to know who I'm rooting for.

Edited by Panninho
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Panninho said:

How will that fix the issue? He'll stil tweet, I just wouldn't see it. Ignoring everything is a fine strategy for some, I like to know who I'm rooting for.

You have no clue who you're rooting for active in social media or not...you dont know these coaches and players regardless of what they say on social media 

Edited by bakedtater1

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

You have no ****ing clue who you're rooting for active in social media or not...you dont know these coaches and players regardless of what they say on social media 

Easy big fella, step away from the gallon of coffee and take a deep breath... maybe a shot of Jager with a red bull chaser would help . 

We all all love you tater so no worries 😍

10 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

Easy big fella, step away from the gallon of coffee and take a deep breath... maybe a shot of Jager with a red bull chaser would help . 

We all all love you tater so no worries 😍

I'm still in bed..you're right thanks..I'll edit that out

Del Rio is clearly crazy but yall gonna slip into his politics at this rate and just because Coach can do it, doesn't mean we can. 

Also, we mentioned this in the tailgate and I would love to argue with you there. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Del Rio is clearly crazy but yall gonna slip into his politics at this rate and just because Coach can do it, doesn't mean we can. 

Also, we mentioned this in the tailgate and I would love to argue with you there. 

thank you, sir---i almost posted this late last night to keep guys from self-immolating

as it says in the 'read this' mod directive pinned at the top of the forum, don't react to this subject of del rio's social media stuff  with actual political commentary---ya'll best have read that directive cuz it's in 100% play

i'm one of the guys thinking del rio, great dc he's been, is gonna a central part of an ongoing issue himself (i'm thinking about players as much as fans), due to parts of his social media content that many folk will find in the "way out there" category (see how i did that, keeping it generalized for this forum)

now experience tells me that some of you guys are just going to "need to go" and though you'll think you've worded things fine, you won't have and you'll get a ban and there will be no dialogue with a mod about it afterwards :) 

so be careful---do not harm yourself :D

see? @Riggo#44 who is a bright guy just did one as i was typing and it fell a little short---but since he did it before this was posted (by a few seconds) and it wasn't real egregious i'll just edit his post---it was close to ok but not there, so again, think carefully before you go

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

see? @Riggo#44 who is a bright guy just did one as i was typing and it fell a little short---but since he did it before this was posted (by a few seconds) and it wasn't real egregious i'll just edit his post---it was close to ok but not there, so again, think carefully before you go

That Is My Bad Thats My Mistake GIF - ThatIsMyBad ThatsMyMistake ...

• Haha 2