Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

42 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

just to illustrate---see this? it's exactly the problem we're talking about in how broad the scope of topics has got in the thread and this is even a brand new potential tangent (and the only fault of the poster is missing the pinned thread or the post i made right above, and that's common enough)

those so inclined, please add a comment to any post you make in here after reading this one and let me know whether you want to have this thread be one big jumble o stuff, or close it and split it into several diff topics as you guys would choose---i.e. fo changes/hc's road ahead/other coaching staff in whatever categories

but no political themes (again, see pinned thread) :) 

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

just to illustrate---see this? it's exactly the problem we're talking about in how broad the scope of topics has got in the thread and this is even a brand new potential tangent (and the only fault of the poster is missing the pinned thread or the post i made right above, and that's common enough)

those so inclined, please add a comment to any post you make in here after reading this one and let me know whether you want to have this thread be one big jumble o stuff, or close it and split it into several diff topics as you guys would choose---i.e. fo changes/hc's road ahead/other coaching staff in whatever categories

but no political themes (again, see pinned thread) :) 

I posted it here because similar material was covered earlier in this thread.  If true, this could be significant.  I’m fine if you want to start a new thread with it. 

Personally I like having the mega threads when big stuff goes down like those involving the FO and management infrastructure etc.--I can keep them open in a tab and keep up/comment throughout the day without having to navigate around the forum to find the latest comments on the various big but related topics.

I get that it is probably unwieldy, but I wonder if it's preferable to having a separate coaching staff/Rivera as team emperor thread, a separate FO thread, a separate media drama thread, or even worse a new thread sourced to each new article, and then having people comment on these articles (lol at that guy calling them "hit pieces") in all three or more places because they're all tangentially related? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So if the season only lasts 10 games, who do you think goes 1-9 or 0-10? 

Too early to say.  Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Giants are the usual suspects. Even though I'm expecting a rough year in Year 1 of the Rivera era; we will not be the worst team.  Our defense alone, should keep us competitive. Despite him sticking him mouth in his foot on social media; Jack Del Rio should make important strides with our defense.

Coaching alone, should make for a better team; even if the record doesn't show it.   The fresh start for The Team and future RedWolves?? goes thru our defense. 

@JumboIt's tough to follow any one topic in a mega thread. Add in opinions added to a comment made 3 days ago and it's tough to sort out the "news" from the "olds". I'd much rather see threads addressing one particular topic and comments that apply to that one particular topic

Edited by bowhunter
  • Thanks 2

*Edit: just saw the post where he asked for input* 

also, @Rdskns2000 I think the bengals will win a few more games with Burrow. And the giants could either sweep us or split with us, so i doubt they’d be worse than us if we’re 2-8. Dolphins, i think they’ll be better than last year, with tua as QB, which i think they roll with. And even if they don’t roll with him to start the season, Fitzpatrick is worth a couple wins. In my opinion, the jets are the only teams we need to worry about, IF we have a losing record. through 5 games or so.

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

@Jumbo, normally I prefer micro-targeted threads.  

However, given the historic transitional period our team is going through, I think there’s a real benefit to having a smorgasbord type thread that covers a number of related topics in one place.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 2:36 AM, Califan007 said:

Someone help me out here:

"According to Mark Maske of the Washington Post, "the Fritz Pollard Alliance had said it inquired about the hires of front-office executives Terry Bateman and Julie Donaldson."

"The Rooney Rule requires that teams interview minority or female candidates for coaching and front-office vacancies."

My question: is Julie Donaldson female? I always thought she--um, he?--was. If she is a female woman of the opposite sex, why would the Fritz Pollard Alliance want to inquire about the Skins hiring her?

I checked out her Instagram.  

There is plenty of evidence there to suggest she is female.  She definitely looks like a woman to me...

On 7/24/2020 at 3:36 PM, wilco_holland said:

I must say that the Donaldson interviews on the website are pretty good. She is nice but also puts in some challenging questions. She is not just beeing nice because they work for the same team. 

I was thrilled when she got the job because she brings a certain amount of journalistic integrity to the position while Michael was simply a spin man. 

She’s definitely on the payroll and will work well with the team to promote them, but is not going to try and sell crap to the fans when they know it is t true.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dyst said:

Seeing the Jets gets 2 first round picks for Jamal Adams, after he openly scolded the team/coach, made me realize how much I don’t care for Snyder as owner. 

Are you saying you would rather have traded away two of our first round picks? Not sure what you're saying here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I was leaning towards our whole Trent Williams situation.

I was thinking about that too and how we probably settled for the lowest possible value. 

We got screwed in both cases. 

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

@Jumbo

I prefer the one big jumble o stuff over separate threads, as this team gets a lot of attention/drama from all different directions, a lot of it somewhat related, and not only would it be hard to navigate the multiple threads, I think you'd have a lot of repetitive posts throughout many of them regarding the state of our franchise/front office/team, and could stifle productive conversation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Jumbo

Why not have a mega thread AND micro threads for each minor topic. Yes, there would be some redundancy, but it would also allow specific convos within a topic to not get lost in the shuffle as well as allow the tangentially related points within the macro to be spoken about together in the mega thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snyder has done a great job over the years of surrounding himself with poor advisors. One thing going in our favour this time is undoubtedly Rivera. He seems close to Dan, Dan appears to listen to him, and it seems Rivera talks a whole loads of common sense. 

That gives a glimmer of encouragement to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Snyder has done a great job over the years of surrounding himself with poor advisors. One thing going in our favour this time is undoubtedly Rivera. He seems close to Dan, Dan appears to listen to him, and it seems Rivera talks a whole loads of common sense. 

That gives a glimmer of encouragement to me.

Keep fighting the good fight

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Keep fighting the good fight

Hah... I agree.

But...

Snyder transforms his FOOTBALL vision to the guy he has closest to him that he trusts. He was different with Gibbs as that guy vs. Vinny. And he was different with Vinny vs. Allen. 

So the point that he may evolve a little on the football side with Rivera isn’t lost on me.

The problem is the everything else side... :ols:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1