Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's not petty.  Any Commie fan that's been with this team since he took over should be rewarded with such a privilege.  

You're right. Only every fan should get a to give him nice shot to the ol' beanbag.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:
"There’s no lack of people who have had a falling out with Snyder over the last nearly 23 years."

Yeah, if Snyder was "eliminated" in an Agatha Christie novel it would be just like tge plot of "Murder on the Orient Express."

Where it becomes less a question of who had a hand in "eliminating" him than one of trying to find someone who wasn't involved.

Poirot wouldn't even attempt to solve it. He'd just be like "**** it, I hated the ****, too."

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I wonder if one set of books didn't have record of the settlement payment or the fine from last year, and another set did. 

That seems like one possibility. In general, you'd do that to hide all sorts off under-the-radar transactions--basically the team's revenues being used for anything unrelated to team operations or payroll. Things you don't want lenders, business partners or the taxman to see.

A more sophisticated operator would simply arrange for his own side businesses to siphon off money that way under the cover of business relationships with the team. Those kinds of corporate shell games happen too often, unfortunately. In that case, you wouldn't need to cook the books; that's for when you can't afford for the transaction to see the light of day--no way to hide it in a corporate shell, in other words, or too much risk in doing so.

I have zero opinion on whether Snyder's been doing this. No way to know. His history makes me suspicious. He so obviously wants to be a "sophisticated operator" like Jerry Jones, but his personality and incompetence has betrayed him again and again. 

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Im not sure it would a wise move for a disgruntled ex employee to highlight previous financial irregularities out which they may be deemed partially responsible for in the position they held at the time.

Their mistake is our gain--lock Allen up too! He's just as big a doucher as Snyder!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I have finally seen the light.

The only way to find happiness in this insane world is to engulf oneself in the abyss and embrace the dark side.

Therefore.

I love you Mr Snyder and I am pleased that you have returned stronger than ever to our team...

/s

"Report: Daniel Snyder has resumed his day-to-day role with Commanders

Mike Florio

Earlier this week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder continues to not be involved with day-to-day operations of the team. The Washington Times has since offered up a report to the contrary.

According to Matthew Paras of the Times, and this is the exact quote, “According to a highly-placed source familiar with the team’s situation, dirty Dan has resumed his day-to-day role with the Commanders.”

That’s a bold claim. It’s a broad claim. And there’s more.

The source told the Times that “Snyder has no restrictions on what he can and can’t do in overseeing the franchise.” For example, the source says Snyder was “heavily involved” in the discussions that culminated in the trade for quarterback Carson Wentz.

It’s a stunning allegation. And it remains to be seen whether it’s accurate and, if so, whether the league will be doing anything about it.

Stay tuned."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb down 1

It's hard for this to not delve into Tailgate territory.

I'll just say generally that tells us where Dan's PAC money goes.  If I had to guess, the credible witness being spoken of is Bruce Allen, of whom I don't think would want to spill the beans as he would have some hand in that as well.  The 'non-credible' witness with an axe-to-grind, not sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It’s a stunning allegation. And it remains to be seen whether it’s accurate and, if so, whether the league will be doing anything about it.

Nothing stunning here, dany boy meddling one more time with his favorite player selection : the QB.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's hard for this to not delve into Tailgate territory.

I'll just say generally that tells us where Dan's PAC money goes.  If I had to guess, the credible witness being spoken of is Bruce Allen, of whom I don't think would want to spill the beans as he would have some hand in that as well.  The 'non-credible' witness with an axe-to-grind, not sure.

Agreed - this is a delicate line to tread. My take as a MOD is that right now people are stying just the right side of that line. But let's make sure the conversation stays focused on the implications for the team not the rights/wrongs of the political leanings of the owner and any merits of either main political party based on that. If you are in doubt as to how to tread that line safely I would advise you refrain from posting on this particular sub topic.

• Thanks 1

This investigation ends at the end of the year when control changes hands. So, if there’s anything to this; it has to happen in the next 9 months.

Justice needs to get involved and investigate Dan; especially if he broke laws.

The nfl should also be looking into this. If Dan cooked his books ; what about other teams.

With teams asking for taxpayer money; this could blow open a bunch of things.

Audit the nfl and all the owners.

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Nothing stunning here, dany boy meddling one more time with his favorite player selection : the QB.

Yeah, I was looking at that post earlier and the "stunning allegation" part struck me. 

He very publicly pushed back on the notion that he was suspended or anything close to it, he was at the launch for the stupid name, Rivera has commented about talking to him regularly. 

The "stunning allegation" is Goodell saying he's not involved in operations, contrary to all evidence and common sense. We all know that was the lie. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2

I know there’s a large faction that don’t believe Jason being an NFL hire but it sure is an odd coincidence that a lot of the people Jason brought in and are responsible for some of the good things they are doing on the business side for the fans are leaving in droves after it’s been reported that Danny boy is back in the building overseeing things again 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I know there’s a large faction that don’t believe Jason being an NFL hire but it sure is an odd coincidence that a lot of the people Jason brought in and are responsible for some of the good things they are doing on the business side for the fans are leaving in droves after it’s been reported that Danny boy is back in the building overseeing things again 

Jason is next. Dan said he would be more involved. He’s slowly retaking control and getting rid of all the people he was forced to hire since 20. Eventually he will head Ron’s way. All if Ronnie’s Gms will be gone and If Ron stays; Dan will strip Ron’s control.

If we have to draft a qb in 23; Dan will be the one picking. The Dan we know is roaring back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure what to make of this.  I would not put it past him but I'm concerned this new investigation could make some feel this is piling on, Snyder may actually come across as a sympathetic figure to some.  But then again this is more bad looks for the team and with it the league and I'm wondering just when enough is enough to the other owners.  

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not sure what to make of this.  I would not put it past him but I'm concerned this new investigation could make some feel this is piling on, Snyder may actually come across as a sympathetic figure to some.  But then again this is more bad looks for the team and with it the league and I'm wondering just when enough is enough to the other owners.  

I can't imagine what it would take to make anyone sympathetic to Dan, but a fraud investigation isn't it.

• Like 1