Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

He can't help himself apparently.

He'll stay out of it for a while, but eventually, he has to start meddling again.

How did he meddle?   If he was the one that told em to put Collins at LB then I'm happy he meddled.

And if anyone thinks Alex is bashing Snyder, you're kidding yourself.   He has no love lost for Rivera and the training staff.

5 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

And if anyone thinks Alex is bashing Snyder, you're kidding yourself.   He has no love lost for Rivera and the training staff.

I gather you didn’t listen to it.  He specifically mentions the owner and not in a good way.  By no means did he even insinuate that the noise is as a result of Ron.  He may very well not be happy about how Ron’s regime handled his comeback, but that’s not what he was talking about here.

This is also now probably at least a half dozen posts by you that I’ve seen defending Snyder.  Which is very on brand for the former poster I’ve believed you to be. To respond, that you actually aren’t defending Snyder, would be the cherry on top of the HCZ sundae.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don’t hear any particular groundbreaking revelations from Smith in that. The ownership down through the front office and coaching was a complete mess during his tenure here.

Yes we know.

Don't get me wrong, it not a great look and the issues are far from fixed. Very far. But it’s just another individual telling us what we already know.

13 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Half measures avail us nothing.

We asked His protection with complete abandon...

...with this organization, it's entirely necessary...

And Snyder will get a slap on the wrist from this latest investigation, in about 2 years. The NFL does not give a ****.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I gather you didn’t listen to it.  He specifically mentions the owner and not in a good way.  By no means did he even insinuate that the noise is as a result of Ron.  He may very well not be happy about how Ron’s regime handled his comeback, but that’s not what he was talking about here.

This is also now probably at least a half dozen posts by you that I’ve seen defending Snyder.  Which is very on brand for the former poster I’ve believed you to be. To respond, that you actually aren’t defending Snyder, would be the cherry on top of the HCZ sundae.

Come on man.   Alex is a politician.  He mentioned everybody because not mentioning everybody would have made it clear who he was talking about.

You're obsessed with this poster you keep talking about.   In regards to Snyder, after he caved on the name, he can F off for all i care.    

I try to be fair.  I don't like biased narratives.   Constantly bringing up all these negatives hurts our team and that's what I care about.  

You can say Snyder brought it upon himself, but I don't believe many of these things are true.   

9 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Come on man.   Alex is a politician.  He mentioned everybody because not mentioning everybody would have made it clear who he was talking about.

You're obsessed with this poster you keep talking about.   In regards to Snyder, after he caved on the name, he can F off for all i care.    

I try to be fair.  I don't like biased narratives.   Constantly bringing up all these negatives hurts our team and that's what I care about.  

You can say Snyder brought it upon himself, but I don't believe many of these things are true.   

No, obsessed is someone who can’t take the hint when they are banned several times and still keep showing up.  Sad is when in a world of billions of people that could post here, it’s so incredibly obvious.  But the dead giveaway is we can whittle down from a billion to a handful, because 99.9999999999999999999999% of the world would never be caught dead defending Dan or pretending there’s a universal conspiracy against him vs. him just being an awful human. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No, obsessed is someone who can’t take the hint when they are banned several times and still keep showing up.  Sad is when in a world of billions of people that could post here, it’s so incredibly obvious.  But the dead giveaway is we can whittle down from a billion to a handful, because 99.9999999999999999999999% of the world would never be caught dead defending Dan or pretending there’s a universal conspiracy against him vs. him just being an awful human. 

Let me repeat, I could care less about Dan.  Sell the team Tomorrow for all I care.   You also accused me of loving Bruce and I couldn't stand him.

I'll go back to the FA and draft thread.   This one is too dangerous :)  

37 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Let me repeat, I could care less about Dan.  Sell the team Tomorrow for all I care.   You also accused me of loving Bruce and I couldn't stand him.

I'll go back to the FA and draft thread.   This one is too dangerous :)  

Only when you make baseless comments made up from false narratives. Alex clearly says "from Ownership on down" ,  How is that being a politician? Yea. maybe he does not like Ron R but there was zero reason to say from ownership down. Also, why did he say for 20 yrs? He could have just said "while I was there." Are you playing the dan is not that bad and people are just piling on card?

In the end I don't care if you think you are defending dan or not. But at least get the facts right. The FACT is that Alex specifically without provocation said from ownership on down and added for the alst 20 yrs. And it was him piling on to look good? No, it was as damning a condemnation from someone with no reason to have some beef with dan alone or a need to get thier 5 mins of fame.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

How did he meddle?   If he was the one that told em to put Collins at LB then I'm happy he meddled.

His track record on meddling with the football affairs speaks for itself.

If you don't want to see it  then whatever. 🙄

The thing about Dan is if I can have a dollar for every time I've heard from people cover the team say that the reality about Dan is a lot worse than what's out there publicly, I'd be a wealthy guy.  Some say well why don't they share it then?  Because you can't share everything told to you privately without blowing up that source. 

I think of all the crazy stories about Dan the one that seems so wild and so on brand is his obsession to get Bruce to congratulate him for the Ron hire.  How psycho and petty on Dan's end.  I know its a small thing but how many people do we know in our life that would dwell on something so petty and stupid like that?  And this is supposedly the new bigger and better and more "mature" Dan.  😧

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think of all the crazy stories about Dan the one that seems so wild and so on brand is his obsession to get Bruce to congratulate him for the Ron hire.  How psycho and petty on Dan's end.  I know its a small thing but how many people do we know in our life that would dwell on something so petty and stupid like that?

It's also one of those things that's so wild, who could even make something like that up?  And you are correct, it's so on-brand for everything we know about the guy since he bought this team.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's also one of those things that's so wild, who could even make something like that up?  And you are correct, it's so on-brand for everything we know about the guy since he bought this team.  

I got the vibe that someday someone will have the guts to write a book about what goes on there and I get the strong impression that we get the neutered more PG version of Dan's stewardship -- weird enough.  I am sure the hesitation is Dan will sue anyone who moves if it serves his purpose.

I was listening to Hoffman interview someone on 106.7 who talked about wanting to stay out of Dan's way when he worked there considering his reputation but one time he watched Dan just over the top berate an employee for simply not having his phone on in after hours one night.  So many small stories like this out there.

I bet if you combine them all it would be one wild and sad book. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

His track record on meddling with the football affairs speaks for itself.

If you don't want to see it  then whatever. 🙄

You think he's been meddling since Rivera got here?   If that's true, I would think Rivera would have something in his contract that would allow him to quit and still get paid.

And if Dan has been meddling, Rivera should quit.

I'm not going to respond to all the messages, but I'll just summarize by saying that Dan is no better or worse than a bunch of owners in this league.

I'm talking about football ownership.   I'm not talking about him as a person.  The only difference between Dan and the rest of them is that Dan doesn't speak.    That's his fault.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing about Dan is if I can have a dollar for every time I've heard from people cover the team say that the reality about Dan is a lot worse than what's out there publicly, I'd be a wealthy guy.  Some say well why don't they share it then?  Because you can't share everything told to you privately without blowing up that source. 

I would believe that since that's been happening for 20 years, many of those sources aren't on the team anymore, so wouldn't be a big deal, but that could scare actual or potential sources too.

17 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not going to respond to all the messages, but I'll just summarize by saying that Dan is no better or worse than a bunch of owners in this league.

I'm talking about football ownership.   I'm not talking about him as a person.  The only difference between Dan and the rest of them is that Dan doesn't speak.    That's his fault.

I'm glad he doesn't speak much, really, he would only add more mess to everything that goes through this team. And the common thing these last 20 years is Dan himself, so you don't have to look any further for the origins of the problems.

And well, companies tend to look like their boss/owner.

If the team looks like a mess, it's most likely because Dan is one big mess all by himself.

Otherwise, he would have sorted this out a long time ago.

But that never happened.

• Like 1

The allegations came to light in recent weeks as the House Committee on Oversight and Reform reviewed more than 80,000 pages of documents and interviewed witnesses in its inquiry into the team’s workplace and the NFL’s handling of the matter, those people with knowledge of the matter said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the proceedings are at a sensitive stage.

The financial investigation remains behind closed doors and among the highest levels of the 45-person committee at this point. Asked about this new phase, several members of the panel indicated they have heard speculation about this but said it remains at such a sensitive phase they do not know details. Other members were completely unaware.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/03/31/washington-football-house-oversight-investigation/

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, what would be an example of financial impropriety? I mean, one could argue keeping Bruce Allen employed all these years is financial impropriety 

was wondering the same thing. also wondering how bad it has to be for them to be playing it that close to the vest.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You think he's been meddling since Rivera got here?   If that's true, I would think Rivera would have something in his contract that would allow him to quit and still get paid.

And if Dan has been meddling, Rivera should quit.

This is an incredibly naïve take.  As if there are clauses in contracts like:

"The owner cannot 'meddle' in football operations"

Very similar to when folks wanted to pin 'full control' on Shanahan, as if that meant he could literally just stroll into Ashburn and not have to deal with any of Dan or Bruce's big ideas.  There is a heavy political factor for head coaches, even if they have 'full control'.  The owner is still the boss and it's a job in and of itself to manage a relationship with a billionaire that signs your checks.  

I have no idea to what extent if any, Snyder is meddling with Rivera.  All things considered, it certainly seems that Rivera is able to run the place as he sees fit from a football perspective - but not because that's the way Dan wants it, but because that was forced upon Dan after over 2 decades of ineptitude, sexual assault allegations, empty stadiums, forced name change, congressional hearings, lawsuits, and the list goes on.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Only to further solidify your naivety. 

It would be hilarious if not so sad, that you make statements like this with absolutely no factual basis to back up your opinion.  Another staple of @HardcoreZorn.  You are practically suggesting that all of this is just luck - why some orgs are good, bad, win, lose, etc.  Dan just so happens to be incredibly unlucky, not only with this football team for over 20 years but his reverse midas touch on practically everything else he's touched since buying this team.  And because he doesn't speak to the media, both locally and nationally, the media has conspired together to tarnish his reputation.  

The Bold And The Beautiful Welcome To Bizarro World GIF by CBS

• Thanks 2