Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

28 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

This is likely due to the witch hunt that is going on in Ashburn. Tanya is desperately trying to find anyone who complained about her husband in an effort to root them out. Just like all tyrannical dictatorships...Putin, take note!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

At least we were "winning off the field" with Bruce Allen.  Am I the only one tired of the "we need the humility to approach each conversation knowing we have to build trust" nonsense from Jason Wright?  Dude soured on me in less than a year.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

At least we were "winning off the field" with Bruce Allen.  Am I the only one tired of the "we need the humility to approach each conversation knowing we have to build trust" nonsense from Jason Wright?  Dude soured on me in less than a year.  

I get it - Wright's tank of corporate cliché and catchphrases is never empty.

But he's not wrong in what you quoted.  That's something Bruce Allen would never do, which is admit how bad the relationship with the fanbase is and that it's up to the team to fix it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Damn just when I thought we had Snyder by the balls he managed to weasel his way out of it again.

Just read this announcement on the Commanders website...

"The Washington Commanders are proud to announce a strategic local partnership with Vandalay Industries. Going forward Vandalay Industries will have the exclusive right to sell, distribute and advertise beer at FedEx Field and local street corners in the DMV on behalf of the team.

This is V.I.s first foray into the alcoholic beverage market but their Chief Operating Officer, George Costanza, who is also a marine biologist personally negotiated the deal last night with Mr. Snyder.

Mr Costanza said, "We  are well positioned to provide the best alcohol products that any NFL team has ever had. In fact we will be using organic unrecycled sewer water in our brewing facility at just a fraction of the cost of purified water.  Making us the first beer provider to do so.

It will come in custom made designer 12 ounce cans and be called "Commanders Brew." We will also be giving a 25% discount to alcoholics and certified felons. It will be available for preorder on the team's website by the end of the week. Happy drinking to all and don't forget to Take Command!"

image.png.481c0254f9536accd996e2e5574cbe9e.png

A picture of the first official can of Commanders Brew:

Our motto: "Drink happily until you're drunk and then get ready for some serious drinking."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It's truly amazing that long-time sponsors are bailing and the local radio stations aren't going to be involved (I'm still unclear if the team or the station initiated that split). Snyder really is just completely changing what this franchise is within the community and the landscape of the NFL. It's truly amazing how quickly it's evolved within one generation.

When my parents were my age and I was a teenager the Redskins had just come off their 3rd Super Bowl title and 4th Super Bowl appearance in about a decade. They were a pillar of the area and celebrated not only for their on-field success but for how they conducted business and treated the community, the local businesses, the news organizations, etc. 

What a difference one generation makes as my kids are now the age I was then...the Commanders are an afterthought or punchline. The owner is hated and thought of as a perverted predator. Schools are filled with other teams' jerseys. Local stations cover other teams. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

When my parents were my age and I was a teenager the Redskins had just come off their 3rd Super Bowl title and 4th Super Bowl appearance in about a decade. They were a pillar of the area and celebrated not only for their on-field success but for how they conducted business and treated the community, the local businesses, the news organizations, etc. 

And yet it's still publicized how influential the coach during that span 30-40 years ago remains in the selection of our current coach, current QB, heck even the name.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's truly amazing that long-time sponsors are bailing and the local radio stations aren't going to be involved (I'm still unclear if the team or the station initiated that split). Snyder really is just completely changing what this franchise is within the community and the landscape of the NFL. It's truly amazing how quickly it's evolved within one generation.

What a difference one generation makes as my kids are now the age I was then...the Commanders are an afterthought or punchline. The owner is hated and thought of as a perverted predator. Schools are filled with other teams' jerseys. Local stations cover other teams. It's ridiculous. 

If you are forcing the Skins/Cmdrs on your kids; that’s child abuse. Unless the come to liking this team on their own; no kid should ever have to root for this team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If you are forcing the Skins/Cmdrs on your kids; that’s child abuse. Unless the come to liking this team on their own; no kid should ever have to root for this team.

I don't root for them anymore, so of course I don't. I did root for them up until right before 2020 when the disgusting video news came out. I stopped cold turkey going into that season. But before then, I would watch games religiously and my son would come through the room, ask about the score, and then go back to doing whatever it was that he was doing before. That is an anecdotal example of the difference between a 10-year old in 2017 and a 10-year old in 1987 in the DC area. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You know it's bad when it's hard to discern whether something like this is satire or not...

United Site Services is a national leader in porta-john rentals.

They are known for being the cheapest on the market with poor maintenance and nearly non-existent customer service. Exactly the kind of company I could honestly see Dan partnering with.

They are legit even if the story is fabricated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

He had me until Vandalay. You should watch Seinfeld. :D 

Huge fan of the show! Left a ton of Seinfeld easter eggs for those in the know.

I was partcularly proud of this line: 

"This is Vandalay Industries first foray into the alcoholic beverage market but their Chief Operating Officer, George Costanza, who is also a marine biologist, personally negotiated the deal last night with Mr. Snyder."

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, dyst said:

You mean Bruce “the culture is damn good” Allen? Ya no, Jason is way better than that smug ass “good ole boys” poster child.

You'd rather have some diseases than others, but in the end, you'd rather have NO diseases at all. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

You'd rather have some diseases than others, but in the end, you'd rather have NO diseases at all. 

We’ll always have Bruce and Jason disease with Snyders in charge but yes I agree.

Edited by dyst

On 3/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, goskins10 said:

Just because you can't see it does not mean there is no impact. There could be pressure to AB to expand which would be fallout from Washington. Other advertisers may be considering piling on to pressure the NFL to remove him. Give it some time to work it's way. Not sure why you guys are standing on this hill so hard that the team is somehow isolated from the rest of the league and that what happens to the team ONLY happens to the team with zero impact to the league unless your only measure is his removal and nothing else means anything. I could at least understand that. Also, I am open the discussion of how much impact there is from very little to moderate. But to say there is "no" impact at all to anyone but the Commanders and the Commanders alone makes no sense. 

Sorry for the late reply.  What I'm saying is just like with ticket and concession sales, which are solely to the team, the loss of AB as a Washington sponsor has zero effect on the NFL's bottom line.  

On 3/23/2022 at 2:22 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's truly amazing how quickly it's evolved within one generation.

When a species does not adapt and thrive in its ecosystem, but instead begins to die off, we don’t call than an evolution—we call that an extinction. That’s what’s happening to this team and it’s fanbase. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1