Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Sadly no lawyer would let Dan issue an actual apology in a situation like this. It's an admission of liability.

Maybe it's because I'm a lawyer and always suspicious, but I sniff a plaintiff's lawyer somewhere in this. A bunch of the women in the story apparently made a TV appearance this morning. That speaks to coordination of this by someone.

A plaintiff's lawyer can force a settlement by "bringing the pain" without actually filing a lawsuit. Gloria Allred is famous for this.

Doesn't diminish the misconduct but does certainly color how the team and league handle it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Nope, wrong, you have a history of supporting the abuser.

You dont care about facts and truth and have shown that for some time.  Hes right, this has been a long pattern with you, and a disturbing one.  You have what is obvious right in front of you, but you gleefully choose to put forth that dozens and dozens and dozens of women cant be trusted, because its their word against a few high ranking people in authority who would be severely hurt by anything coming out.

I respectfully disagree with you...but as Jumbo pointed out..my wording is off at times and I don't convey what i actually mean...so I'm gonna work on that.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If it comes down to keeping Rivera and this keeping Snyder or getting Snyder to sell the team and losing Rivera as a casualty...well..bye Ron. 

I don’t have any warm feelings toward Ron anyway and I doubt very much he is the guy to turn this around so to me, he puts on a good face and we can see what he can do, but I’m not losing any sleep over him getting caught up in a past mistake and getting axed if it gets us clear of Dan too 

That's actually a question I had not asked myself: would I be ok with Rivera getting the boot if it meant Snyder sold the team and the new owner wanted Rivera gone...

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He didn't say anything.  A tone-deaf press release was issued that misses the mark.  He'd have been better off tweeting a Shaggy gif "It wasn't me".

That was kind of my point, though lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

Just now, Califan007 said:

That's actually a question I had not asked myself: would I be ok with Rivera getting the boot if it meant Snyder sold the team and the new owner wanted Rivera gone...

I thought that’s what you were getting at in your post if the players take a stand and it gets Ron caught up with the Richardson stuff  

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought that’s what you were getting at in your post if the players take a stand and it gets Ron caught up with the Richardson stuff  

No, but it's a good aspect to include in it. I was mostly just talking about the idea that "it's a good thing Rivera is here/We're lucky Ron is handling this" was the prevailing narrative. I saw possible controversy on the horizon, but not something that would get him canned.

Edited by Califan007

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He didn't say anything.  A tone-deaf press release was issued that misses the mark.  He'd have been better off tweeting a Shaggy gif "It wasn't me".

it doesn’t read to me as tone deaf, quite the opposite

its just the tone he’s following is one of oh crap how to navigate this legally to protect me and my ownership of this team

as opposed to the tone of omg this is all news to me and unacceptable and I’m personally outraged and will blah blah blah

ive been repeating throughout this that sometimes the dots aren’t hard to connect. That’s because the pattern here seems to be easy to see and the connections seem to fit a trend or a general idea about what’s going on. 

I think criminal stuff is out of the question unless there’s another shoe to drop. But the general question of what is the punishment and who gets it is way up on the air to me. Lots of options. And you can’t ignore all the baggage around snyder and what his relationship with the other owners is. 

if what most of us believe is true, that the owners hate him and want him out and this may be their best move to make, then stop looking at the official statements from a “do you actually care about anything?” Perspective and start looking at it from a “are you afraid you’re about to lose everything” standpoint. It makes more sense that way and usually there’s a reason for it. 

(and caveat to it all is that what may really be going on is that this is a league-wide issue and the nfl is actually working with snyder to contain it to the redskins, cause there their move on controversies - make it about the individual team not the league as a whole, was less outrage that way and ways less damage to repair)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Ok...I was never very good at wording...I'll have to be more aware of that.

first---impressive response, but i'm actually not surprised

and the fact that you could take a 'criticism' (i meant it as a neutral observation---accurate or not and being open to argument--and in the spirit that we all have blind spots) and actually re-assess without ego taking over defensively is a too-uncommon and highly valued trait

given your content over the years my take would be you care a lot about being on the "right" (principled) side of things in the end and typically 'mean well' and do care about all these issues, from harassment to honesty and fairness and to 'fair trials' of a person's character whether they take place in a living room, the media, national discourse, or on es

thanks for being the way you're being

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

The official statement from Snyder was lacking in so many ways.  I am sure a "professional image consultant" wrote it and then he approved sending it out.

I wonder what his wife is thinking right now.  I wonder if she could convince him to sell the team?

My guy.... The women behind these kind of humans, are never up for that kind of task. Just along for the ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

and the fact that you could take a 'criticism' (i meant it as a neutral observation---accurate or not and being open to argument--and in the spirit that we all have blind spots) and actually re-assess without ego taking over defensively is a too-uncommon and highly valued trait

given your content over the years my take would be you care a lot about being on the "right" (principled) side of things in the end and typically 'mean well' and do care about all these issues, from harassment to honesty and fairness and to 'fair trials' of a person's character whether they take place in a living room, the media, national discourse, or on es

Thank you for that Jumbo...pretty much the way it is. 

I think part of the reason I try and hold judgement against an accused is because my daughters mother used to accuse me of things that I never did to win favor in a custody battle. I was accused of child abuse multiple times. Turns out, she was the abuser and tried to pin it on me.

So I try and give people the benefit of the doubt until facts are revealed..now if it turns out the accuser was being completely factual, I am behind them 110%. 

And yes..I do realize that I mess up getting my point across sometimes...I end up feeling like Gilda Ratner from Saturday Night Live...

Let's see who gets that reference...

Now sorry for derailing a bit...back to the regularly scheduled rabble rousing ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If there was a limit as to what I would sacrifice to get free of Snyder I am not sure what it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The statement was what it was. Don’t know what else he could have put in there. Words are cheap so what matters is whether or not he backs them up with action.

I dislike Dan but I don’t think it would have mattered what he said in a release. You guys would have beaten him up for it anyways. Looks like we’re stuck with him so at this point the best course of action is hope he sticks with a new culture change and that he’s personally held accountable if the culture doesn’t change. No more chances.

Had picture stuck in my head for a second of Snyder holding a Super Bowl trophy, kissing it, giving his speech and getting fawned on like we see other owners get...and for the first time it made me sad.

We are in trouble if this guy stays majority owner of the franchise. If it's true Snyder doesn't actually own 60% of the franchise but that 60% is shared among the Snyder family...thats a different type of front in this war to push him out.

@Mr. Sinister Tanya lead the push to encourage more female fans and the NFL's breast cancer initiative.  She's not Melania, but this could destroy their marriage.  That's not business, that's personal.

Edited by Renegade7

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

if what most of us believe is true, that the owners hate him and want him out and this may be their best move to make, then stop looking at the official statements from a “do you actually care about anything?” Perspective and start looking at it from a “are you afraid you’re about to lose everything” standpoint. It makes more sense that way and usually there’s a reason for it. 

I agree with your post, but one thing about using this as  an excuse to remove him because they "hate" him...that's a tricky proposition.  I guarantee at least some of them have the same things going on in their organizations, and by forcing Dan out over this you set a precedent that may come back to haunt you.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The statement was what it was. Don’t know what else he could have put in there. Words are cheap so what matters is whether or not he backs them up with action.

I dislike Dan but I don’t think it would have mattered what he said in a release. You guys would have beaten him up for it anyways. Looks like we’re stuck with him so at this point the best course of action is hope he sticks with a new culture change and that he’s personally held accountable if the culture doesn’t change. No more chances.

Words are cheap, particularly via press release.  I want to see this little man in front of cameras providing a little more value to the cheap words.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Mr. Sinister Tanya lead the push to encourage more female fans and the NFL's breast cancer initiative.  She's not Melania, but this could destroy their marriage.  That's not business, that's personal.

Look man, I get it, you always have a more hopeful view on certain topics than I do. But I don't believe for a second that she doesn't know what goes on at Redskins Park, how Dan treats his employees personally, and who he is as a person.

If she didn't bolt then, she's not gonna bolt now. Imo, the fact that she was one of the people behind that initiative, in no way means that she's going to protect the women subjected to abuse/harrassment by her husbands team.

In fact, it's very likely she knew, and did not care. If that wasn't  the case,she definitely knows now, but I'm positive ain't **** gonna happen as a result.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

While reading this something must have gotten in my left eye. There’s an unusual moisture forming there for some reason.  👍

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Words are cheap, particularly via press release.  I want to see this little man in front of cameras providing a little more value to the cheap words.

What’s the difference? So you can judge whether or not he’s squirming or looks uncomfortable? So you can examine how he delivers the words and decide right there and then he’s lying? It’s all moot until there’s actual change. Only time will tell but right now any manner in which he delivered a statement would have been taken with a grain of salt.

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

think our biggest celebrity fan might want to have a conversation with our disgraceful owner.

famous fans won’t matter at all. Dan doesn’t give a **** about MM, Durant or anyone has to say about it. Cruise won’t speak up because he’s less of a Redskins fan more just Dan’s friend. 

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What’s the difference? So you can judge whether or not he’s squirming or looks uncomfortable? So you can examine how he delivers the words and decide right there and then he’s lying? It’s all moot until there’s actual change. Only time will tell but right now any manner in which he delivered a statement would have been taken with a grain of salt.

I like to look evil in the eye, not let the heart of darkness hide behind empty words released in a press statement 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1