Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If they're hesitant to publish, then why in the name of all that is holy did they tell everybody they were going to publish?  

I don’t think WaPo ever said they were going to this week. That was just otherS claiming they would.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's actually rather brilliant.  I don't think that's what SHE was getting at.  But it is brilliant.

I have my moments.

• Like 2

I’d say the odds on this getting published are diminishing as time passes. 

is it possible it becomes too damaging/dangerous/risky go to public on ?? 

**** is still going to hit the fan, but the Post simply can’t risk being responsible for pulling the trigger publicly??

• Like 1

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I don’t think WaPo ever said they were going to this week. That was just otherS claiming they would.

People keep missing this point. Potentially, a lot of people would be tipped off a story was in the works and on the verge of being released. This doesn't mean the paper is necessarily intentionally leaking the story.

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

**** is still going to hit the fan, but the Post simply can’t risk being responsible for pulling the trigger publicly??

No more damaging and risky than publishing the Nixon stuff back in the day.  

• Like 2

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

If it's true that the FBI is involved then this will not get published

• Like 1

Just now, Heisenberg said:

People keep missing this point. Potentially, a lot of people would be tipped off a story was in the works and on the verge of being released. This doesn't mean the paper is necessarily intentionally leaking the story.

I don’t think they are. I’m sure those at WaPo are more pissed at the local reporters from hyping it up like they did. Especially if they were working on it for months and these guys just come in to try and steal some of the spotlight without putting in an ounce of time and energy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What (Rooney Rule) violation?  We didn't interview a black coach?  We didn't interview a black front office guy?

According to twitter it had something to do with how people were treated during the three stage formal interview process.

Apparently everything was fine during stage one— the office interview. Stage two— the informal Ribeye steak dinner had no issues either.

It was only during stage three— the formal executive orgy, that Rooney rule violations occurred. African American interviewees were sent to the back of the line where they had to wait while others were serviced first.

That is certainly far from what Art Rooney had in mind when he created his policy of inclusion.

/s

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

We were the worst team in the NFL last year and no one can miss the patented Morgan Moses false start

You just know Moses is a sleep walker/night terror kind of guy. Dude can't sit still for longer than 5 seconds.

4 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I could see Larry being a Matt Lauer type in his Skins Nation studio.  Wonder if Charlie Broyhill is still employed?

I always thought it was a bit weird to see a man in his 50s wearing a t-shirt with its sleeves cut off on a weekly Redskins television report.  He must have thought he looked good enough to do that, but I have no idea why.

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

According to twitter it had something to do with how people were treated during the three stage formal interview process.

Apparently everything was fine during stage one— the office interview. Stage two— the informal Ribeye steak dinner had no issues either.

It was only during stage three— the formal executive orgy, that Rooney rule violations occurred. African American interviewees were sent to the back of the line where they had to wait while others were serviced first.

That is certainly far from what Art Rooney had in mind when he created his policy of inclusion.

/s

Minorities had to sit in the back of Redskins 1

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Because that's basically what we have at the moment.  

That’s all we ever have to start with with this organization 

I thought everyone already realized the whole “the media is just after snyder” nonsense was actually “this organization is a **** show and if anything the media isn’t telling us more they know because they just can’t get a final source or don’t want to ruin a friends rep”

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t necessarily think he’s a bad OC in terms of the nuances of the game, but when he’s getting drunk and banging staff, he’s setting a precedence that this kind of **** is acceptable. A coach’s job isn’t just to call Xs and Os on game day but to instill a certain culture and professionalism 24/7. Look at the Pats. Bill is all business and the players buy in. Those that don’t are quickly shuffled out because they don’t fit the culture he’s put in place. Players I imagine came here not just for the payday but because of the culture. How often do the FA we sign and then cut go on to thrive in other places? Zero. That’s because they’re already entrained with that country club mindset. It’s a small world and players talk. They know coming to the team was all about fun and getting away with murder.

I get what you're saying.  And if you're saying it was a lax culture, you're 100% correct.  That was on Dan, Bruce and Jay.  

However, unless Jay was running around to his players and telling him he was doing the staff in the training room after they left, it's probably somewhat unlikely the players knew or cared. 

What is probably more likely is Jay didn't hold anybody accountable for their performance.  If that's because he was too busy partying and screwing, fine, maybe.  But I think it's just more of the type of coach he is.  Shrug. 

Anybody paying attention knew he had no control of anything when DJax gave him a purple Nurple.  Can you IMAGINE anybody doing that to Bill Bellichick? Bill Parcels?  Joe Gibbs?  Ron Rivera?  If a player tried to do that to Ron, Ron would probably tackle them, take their helmet and beat them with it to prove a point.  (Let's not forget, Ron was part of one of the toughest defenses in the history of the league with the Bears.)

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No more damaging and risky than publishing the Nixon stuff back in the day.  

It was a different paper, with different leadership, different reporters, different ethics, and a very, very different time.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Yeah I don't buy the part of paying off the refs. 

We were the worst team in the NFL last year and no one can miss the patented Morgan Moses false start

I think the paying refs part is probably overstated to the degree that it'd be pretty hard to pay off enough refs to make a consistent difference.  There's 6-7 refs on a crew, maybe you get one.  I would think if you were lucky, you'd get a couple of refs across the entire league roster of refs.  And then hope that they got your game in a given week.  And it could be the side judge, line judge, whomever.  

I dont know how the ref assignment rotation works, but maybe you get the same crew 2-3 times a year? Just pulling that out of the sky.  But if you suck, you're probably still gonna suck unless your ref is flinging flags all over the place every week to benefit you.

Paying refs in football seems very impractical unless you had a guy or guys on every crew.

Having said all that, we watch the games, Moses probably false starts a LOT more than he gets called for.  Our ref(s) coulda saved him 5-6 false starts in a year.