Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

as one of mainly austrian/prussian/german heritage, i nonetheless stand firmly against nazis and nazism regardless of how much heat i may take for it in this forum

nazi are bad.jpg

Good lord...two pages ago this thread was all about tits, and naturally I came as soon as I heard (phrasing...perhaps).  This morning its all about Nazis.

518448565_download(17).jpeg.c3aaa1f6456e016f77c0add3ecd818f2.jpeg

God I'm confused...and so very very hung over.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I love what this country is supposed to be. 

This is the mantra I live by...especially in times like these when I sometimes find myself disgusted by what it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

as one of mainly austrian/prussian/german heritage, i nonetheless stand firmly against nazis and nazism regardless of how much heat i may take for it in this forum

nazi are bad.jpg

One of my favorite board games as a kid was ‘Escape From Colditz’. Based on true story of a WW II German prisoner of war camp set in a castle, where the most adept allied escapees from other camps were placed.

In the game the players would each take an Allied country’s prisoners … Brits, Americans, Polish, French etc while one player got to play the prison guards.

When I got to be the prison guards I think I played the shoot to kill card with a little too much eagerness against prisoners attempting to escape and remember being disappointed it was against the game rules to use it inside the prison.

The board game is considered a classic although modern versions have removed the Nazi insignias and uses a Prussian Eagle instead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh, FFS.  Jumbo does not wear a man-bun.  

His whole patois is like this:  

Mullet-Champ-770x485.jpg

Hence my surprise. But hanging out in the Tailgate for so long he could have got infected with woke Liberalism and had a career change to work as a barista in Starbucks.

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I always picked you for a self-loathing drinker.

Edited by PokerPacker

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How did he get there? 

Serious inquiry I didnt keep up with the case 

He drove himself up there the day before the riots. He didn't bring the gun with him either.  It was already there, at a friend's house.

7 minutes ago, mojo said:

He drove himself up there the day before the riots. He didn't bring the gun with him either.  It was already there, at a friend's house.

Cool ty. Have to know this stuff if im going to debate it at some point 

(I knew about the gun already) 

1 hour ago, mojo said:

So the whole notion that Rittenhouse’s mother drove him is a complete myth.  That’s what I get for confirming the true facts of the case.

There were a couple talking points that were being thrown out there to make it sound like an open-and-shut case that didn't turn out to be true or were spun a lot....for example, that was kind of his hometown (his father lived there). And, even though he came from "across state lines" in Illinois, I think the town he came from was like 20 minutes away. I had a much different impression of the kid after seeing some of the footage than I wanted to when I originally read about the case. 

• Like 1

Yeah and now there’s talks of law suites about how the media handled it. 

not that I want to see rittenhouse become a millionaire from them, but, I would love to see some of the news networks get hammered for their bull**** style of reporting. 

they love to push tweets in the immediate aftermath of something without any verification of the information nor the people tweeting. We see it with every single one of these. They know damn well what they’re doing and they do it anyways. Maybe if they have to start coughing up millions every time they’re wrong they’ll put a little more effort into their reporting methods. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah and now there’s talks of law suites about how the media handled it. 

not that I want to see rittenhouse become a millionaire from them, but, I would love to see some of the news networks get hammered for their bull**** style of reporting. 

they love to push tweets in the immediate aftermath of something without any verification of the information nor the people tweeting. We see it with every single one of these. They know damn well what they’re doing and they do it anyways. Maybe if they have to start coughing up millions every time they’re wrong they’ll put a little more effort into their reporting methods. 

I’m still waiting for the media to get their comeuppance for insinuating OJ killed Nicole.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1