Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I was just responding to the comment about him being scared at facing life in prison by saying he would never have been in that long. 

Without the videos, I think there's a greater chance he's found guilty.

And, if he had been found guilty, there's not anything a Republican president, or any president for that matter, could have done about it.

57 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Without the videos, I think there's a greater chance he's found guilty.

And, if he had been found guilty, there's not anything a Republican president, or any president for that matter, could have done about it.

Legal status aside, one thing is true, Mr. Rittenhouse will always be a murderer.  Always. 

And yeah, there’s not anything anyone can do to make that go away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i saw that

this is what happens when non-troglodytes allow troglodytes to gain such prominence and impact

non-troglodytes would be well-served to move quickly and firmly into a more focused single-minded mass that is far more aggressive, militant, relentless, unforgiving, uncompromising, oppressive, punitive, and ruthless (where should she go?)  in their correction of that error but i don't hold much hope for that

i think all the decent people still cling to the idea that the trogs can be 'reasoned with' despite the great oceans of contradicting evidence, or that 'talking to them' and 'treating them fairly' is the preferred path...and darwin will show them the errors of their way

(i can still do hot takes right out of bed even as the years roll by...really, i'm more a kwai chang caine sort who embraces a preference for the non-violent path and inspirational platitudes, but inevitably the script will call for a detour to hands (and feet)-on methods of problem-solving because humans will human)

I think will be the new star for the right. You will see Kyle at maga candidates events next year. If Trump runs, I expect Kyle to be at his rallies. If Trump wins, I can see Kyle in his administration. I think we are going to see Kyle everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think will be the new star for the right. You will see Kyle at maga candidates events next year. If Trump runs, I expect Kyle to be at his rallies. If Trump wins, I can see Kyle in his administration. I think we are going to see Kyle everywhere.

Yeah, the Kristmas Kyle worship tour is really gonna be something to see for the next couple of months.

Its totally not a death cult tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just read about the death of Elijah McClain (I admittedly don't really read the news that consistently).  Man so horrible.  The theme of these encounters always seems to be the same - police apprehending a black male and using excessive force to restrain them.  At what point will they realize you don't need to smash a person's neck to the ground for 5+ minutes in order to apprehend them?  Throw some damn handcuffs on them and throw them in the back of a cruiser.  It didn't appear this person was doing anything wrong either.  And injecting him with ketamine?  What the hell is that?  They should all be in jail.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

My favorite thing about incidences like the Coffee tragedy is that we’re rejoicing in the fact a black man ended up being proven innocent in a situation where the cops killed someone. Is that the standard of happy endings now?

I think it says something more in regards for self defense that one doesn’t need to wait to be shot at in order to claim and prove self defense under certain situations.  I think it’s good where the law protects people in these situations regardless of color and should be a win even though, unfortunately, there was a death when fire was returned.  

20 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I just read about the death of Elijah McClain (I admittedly don't really read the news that consistently).  Man so horrible.  The theme of these encounters always seems to be the same - police apprehending a black male and using excessive force to restrain them.  At what point will they realize you don't need to smash a person's neck to the ground for 5+ minutes in order to apprehend them?  Throw some damn handcuffs on them and throw them in the back of a cruiser.  It didn't appear this person was doing anything wrong either.  And injecting him with ketamine?  What the hell is that?  They should all be in jail.

His murder really hit me hard.  He was such a kind person, he had a real SOUL and empathy for others that was magic. 

A terrible loss.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

I think it says something more in regards for self defense that one doesn’t need to wait to be shot at in order to claim and prove self defense under certain situations.  I think it’s good where the law protects people in these situations regardless of color and should be a win even though, unfortunately, there was a death when fire was returned.  

This is done to give people the impression of a “win” in that the black man doesn’t go to jail so all’s well that ends well. Forget accountability, it’s a complete smoke show.

17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This is done to give people the impression of a “win” in that the black man doesn’t go to jail so all’s well that ends well. Forget accountability, it’s a complete smoke show.

I haven’t read too much into it or seen much on it (media can plays a part in what we see and feel too) but what I understand is that coffee opened fire first once he saw an unknown threat and fire was returned after.  

maybe we need to look at timing of when raids are to be executed given that it sounds like they  were asleep in the bedroom (not sure what time all this happened).

there will definitely be a wrongful death suit but in situations like these and Taylor, I think it offers an opportunity for improvement into what processes should be and we can correct.  So while it’s a win that you can self defend, there’s also opportunity cost and while tragic, they should be used to continue to push for better options.  

I don’t see why it can’t be both.

It’s absolutely mind boggling to me how many here have absolutely no issue with anything Kyle did. 

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

maybe we need to look at timing of when raids are to be executed given that it sounds like they  were asleep in the bedroom (not sure what time all this happened).

Until we stop putting an onus on everyone involved aside from the cops it’s always going to be business as usual. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s absolutely mind boggling to me how many here have absolutely no issue with anything Kyle did. 

Until we stop putting an onus on everyone involved aside from the cops it’s always going to be business as usual. 

I’m not seeing folks saying everything kyle did was right and in fact most are saying he shouldn’t have put himself in the situations but shouldn’t and right to are completely different.

There’s been progressing on the police side.  You can’t change things overnight and things will never be perfect for everything.  You can continue to progress though and try and limit the bad everywhere.

Am I allowed to comment @skinsmarydu, or do you need to approve that first? Congrats on becoming admin of the board!

I have really struggled with this one, as I want to have a conversation past the “oh look a victim blamer”. But - I think all of the participants (Kyle included) were all guilty of the same thing. This isn’t a simple incident. I believe the outcome of the case was accurate. 

I was really hoping Kyle had learned a lesson and would avoid become a far right mascot….but Tucker made sure that didn’t happen. 

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Except for that girl he hit.

I’m not familiar with this?  What happened?

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Same for everyone, no? 

I swear, not trying to be a smartass, but isn't that just "life"? 

Yes.  Don’t attack people and you have a much lower chance of being shot.  I was responding to the person that said to just not be around Kyle.  I was pointing out that he hasn’t shot anyone not attacking him.

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’m not familiar with this?  What happened?

Yes.  Don’t attack people and you have a much lower chance of being shot.  I was responding to the person that said to just not be around Kyle.  I was pointing out that he hasn’t shot anyone not attacking him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kyle-rittenhouse-video-kenosha-shooter-punch-girl-a9702206.html%3famp