Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This seemed like a concocted story by the defense as it would be difficult to prove.

My questions is - would it even matter if the gun traveled across state lines, legally?

What?

they arrested the guy that owned the gun that he used. he’s charged with a straw purchase and I imagine will plead guilty considering he admitted to everything as did rittenhouse (I believe)

and yeah when you cross state lines it adds to the legal issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

What?

they arrested the guy that owned the gun that he used. he’s charged with a straw purchase and I imagine will plead guilty considering he admitted to everything as did rittenhouse (I believe)

and yeah when you cross state lines it adds to the legal issue. 

So if he made a straw purchase for Rittenhouse, why is he the only one in trouble for it?

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So if he made a straw purchase for Rittenhouse, why is he the only one in trouble for it?

because that’s how that law works? The one that makes the purchase gets charged for making a straw purchase

Yall paying any attention to or have any interest in what I would call a related case of Chryztul Kizer who got was found guilty of first degree murder in Kenosha? Shes the young lady who at 17 shot and killed a dude that was abusing her, holding her hostage and pimping her out for over a year. She also set his house on fire but I dont think she was charged for arson, just the shooting. Pretty sure she claimed self defense too. 

edit: maybe she wasnt found guilty yet? 

Im guilty of not reading anything about it before asking yall about it. Dont take my word for it. Dont be like me, kids. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/22/1057976496/rittenhouse-verdict-chrystul-kizer-self-defense

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall paying any attention to or have any interest in what I would call a related case of Chryztul Kizer who got was found guilty of first degree murder in Kenosha? Shes the young lady who at 17 shot and killed a dude that was abusing her, holding her hostage and pimping her out for over a year. She also set his house on fire but I dont think she was charged for arson, just the shooting. Pretty sure she claimed self defense too. 

I believe she is still awaiting trial. I am following and there are a lot of people here that support her.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

edit: maybe she wasnt found guilty yet? 

Im guilty of not reading anything about it before asking yall about it. Dont take my word for it. Dont be like me, kids. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/22/1057976496/rittenhouse-verdict-chrystul-kizer-self-defense

The cliffs notes version of her case sounds very similar to the cliffs notes/Twitter version of Cyntoia Browns story (which is a bit different from the actual story) . 

im glad he put the effort in here. Lots of people saying stuff they have no understanding of. It was an incredibly complicated case. Wish people would be more realistic about things instead of just saying all the various dumb **** we saw constantly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tshile said:

im glad he put the effort in here. Lots of people saying stuff they have no understanding of. It was an incredibly complicated case. Wish people would be more realistic about things instead of just saying all the various dumb **** we saw constantly. 

That includes the president with his white supremacy tweet

• Like 1

i agree with many of the criticisms made about media and people jumping on 'facts not yet in evidence'

i also think that little 'innocent' kyle is still a scum bag at the end of the day, as his current antics confirm to me, and so are people making him out to be anything other than a scumbag

and i have little respect for people who give the impression that they think the only important aspects in this issue are the media and the bias in people wanting to see kyle held accountable in some manner for his choices,  even as many such 'critics' are operating out of their own bias

which is what most folks reflexively do on 'both sides' of any hot button topic---the hypocrisy and selective application of 'open-minded concerns for accuracy and fairness' in such instances is typcial and pervasive

like i often say, many a time you can tell where the biases are  for someone going for 'fair and balanced' treatment in a matter but, using this case in example, spends their energy only making comments about those transgressions and little or nothing about what a pos kyle is and how wrong much of his thinking and choices were

those who hang their hat on 'unfair treatment' by media and lefites as the primary issue and only one worth commenting on with any vigor, let alone the large herds of 'conservatives' who actually elevate klye to 'good citizen' or even hero/role model status, are sorry specimens

usually you don't see such 'concerned' folks (i mean in every venue, offline or online)  in discussions of the very many instances of well-established case of racial bias and violence where it's the black and brown folk being 'treated unfairly' and are actually oppressed, beaten, and killed...they're not in those conversations calling for the same values to be applied when the rightwing media  and the cops etc  are putting out the bull****

application of ethics, morals, principles, or standards dependent upon convenience and bias are not ethical or moral or principled but they can and usally do become a person's 'standard' mode of operation

to close--when i first saw the clip of kyle walking past the cops, who were on the way to an active issue call, with his hands up and with his rifle slung over his shoulder,   and those cops treating the young white male  like it was a no-brainer to give him no more than the most cursory of checks, it immediately left me doubtful a black male would have been treated the same

that said, once the legal parameters were made clear in the trial, and seeing how the prosecution handled the case as presented (and it was a tough challenge for them,) i  expected the outcome without it being a sham legally, yet understood it leaving a big hole for many people who would want, rightfully imv, to see some serious form of accountability when considering all the relevant context

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This case seemingly had a lot less area of gray than the Rittenhouse case.  The two likely should have never been compared in the first place and likely were merely because of how close in proximity they were taking place. 

definitely. 

with this case my only question was whether the stereotypical southern racism would win the day out

and starting it out with the way jury selection went there was just a sinking feeling in my stomach it might. 

And because of my cynical nature with respect to how the world works… the idea of rittenhouse getting off on everything ( and that while the outcome makes “sense” it’s still a tough pill to swallow) being followed up by these guys getting off on everything because it’s Georgia and the jury was almost all white… it just felt like a thing that shouldn’t happen but would cause damnit if things just don’t seem to work that way more often than they should. 

48 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This case seemingly had a lot less area of gray than the Rittenhouse case.  The two likely should have never been compared in the first place and likely were merely because of how close in proximity they were taking place. 

There is one similarity here, that who does the chasing versus the running matters a great deal in US courts.  Kyle ran.  Arbery ran.  Who ended up dying differed, but not who was to blame in the opinion of both juries.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I find it odd that my phone didn't blow up with alerts from every ****ing media outlet possible with the Arbery verdict like it did with the Rittenhouse verdict.  

It's almost like these outlets are banking on people to be outraged by some verdicts or something.  Weird.

The kyle case was FAR more polarizing to the average american. 

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The kyle case was FAR more polarizing to the average american. 

Yeah, so?  This is still news.  After the Rittenhouse trial, it was the trial of the moment.  At the gym today, it was on MSNBC and CNN.  The results are splashed across their websites, ****, even Fox has to pay attention to this one.  

20 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Worth remembering that Georgia originally didn't want to charge these asshats. 

Took a viral video and 74 days for charges to happen.  

Basically, all of US history before smartphones these guys get away with it.  Hell, they may have already gotten away with something similar many times in the past.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1