Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

I was referring to your comment about him already being there which, to me, insinuated that since he was already there, it wasn’t as big a deal.  But agree to disagree- do t think any opinions anywhere are getting changed at this point.

we can all at least agree on the nice win today- Hail!

Yea, go ahead and pull the nice game card, that is.... - well it worked 😉  It was a great win and hoping we have more. 

I was already moving on but appreciate the agree to disagree comment. No hard feelings here. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think I’ve made my point as well as I can so I’ll bow out now.  I am curious what @LadySkinsFan thinks here though just because I’d like to hear what a feminist that I’m not married to thinks.

I just saw that you're asking me a question about this. I need to go back and read the subject and then I can respond to you. It will be tomorrow because I don't have the attention span right now. It's used up for today. So I will get back to you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I literally just said this. When you add trans men or women to this scenario - it negates everyone’s pearl clutching default response. 

“It’s never ok to hit a woman” is a over simplification. 

do we all 100% agree with the sentiment? Of course. 

but there’s much more to it. 

What the hell is happening here???

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

what if the woman is one of those movie-type trained assassins and i'm just an internet mod and she comes at me 

can i use my kung fu?

you joke but every now and then a story comes out about some idiot that, in his ignorance, tried something with a female mma fighter.  Those stories are especially fun when they include a mug shot and it looks like the dude got hit by a bus.  

• Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@TheGreatBuzz  lmao...that post wasn't for you...i need to go edit---it was to party posse and i forgot to quote him

also that pm i sent you had nothing to do with this, it was just an acknowledgment of recent activities :806: 

Because I think Kyle sucker punching a girl is a heinous act and there's no justification for it under pretty much any circumstances? Um, ok. I guess that makes me look stupid?

Sorry, and you can do what you feel is necessary, but I have absolutely zero tolerance for that. It's personal in more ways than I'd like to make public.

Edited by PartyPosse

35 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What the hell is happening here???

well, imo you're being deliberately obtuse and oppositional and i posted about it a few posts before but forgot to quote you---buzz thought it was 'at' him and got worried :806:

for the record, yeas, dumbasses everywhere, there are many reasons you might hit a woman---how stupid to suggest otherwise---and just the common theme of separating the subject of hitting (physical violence) by gender in broad manner (and almost any manner) is usually super stupid, so congrats to those doing so (party posse--and remember i like you  :806: and you can call me stupid too when i am)

i was going to do this earlier and wish i had---THIS HITTING WOMEN TANGENT ENDS HERE

so if you posted more on that before reading this, go edit it out now :) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’d just like to note that @thegreaterbuzzetteis currently making me a sandwich.

Isn’t it a little late for a sandwich 🧐 

On the legally right morally wrong issue. That’s fine. But it sure seems to me he sure be legally responsible for shooting someone in the back. Legally responsible means a lot of things. I’m not saying capital murder. But he inserted himself somewhere he shouldn’t have been and this resulted in a death. I don’t see how this is any different from when a group of people goes to rob someone, one of the people ends up getting an itchy trigger finger, and then they all go down for murder. I think that is an apt comparison to draw. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Because I think Kyle sucker punching a girl is a heinous act and there's no justification for it under pretty much any circumstances? Um, ok. I guess that makes me look stupid?

i'm gonna reply to this tho i just gave a directive to drop the tangent

no, that doesn't 'make you look stupid' as it's stated  (which btw is worded diff than the first time you posted re: that incident)

but suggesting that was the only thing i was likely referring to might 

you posted a lot of stuff---some of it is obviously dense just at a 2 plus 2 level, and to more than a few people here....as though you really can't envision any scenario where hitting a woman would be an acceptable thing to do (hence my use of 'deliberately dense' and 'oppositional')...anyway don't get too bent out of shape...i use the s word on myself too

back to  topic

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It is not uncommon for me to have to look up the definition of a word you use.  I just did this and I can’t find it anywhere.  Did you misspell here or am i about to learn a new term?  Not trying to grammar/spelling-Nazi.  Just curious.

it's an old gaelic term for travelling a narrow and risky mountain path in bad weather

ok, it's not....it was supposed to be 'broad' but how come you missed 'violnece' right before it?

you're gonna need to step up your game

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Destino said:

what fresh hell is this?  

Since I'm not sure if anyone has actually enlightened you, it's an obscure reference to a different discussion about family leave in the new proposed law, and the argument that it would be unfair to people without children. At some point the idea was floated that they could use it for things like elective surgery.

I'm sure your day is now much better for this knowledge, so you're welcome. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, techboy said:

Since I'm not sure if anyone has actually enlightened you, it's an obscure reference to a different discussion about family leave in the new proposed law, and the argument that it would be unfair to people without children. At some point the idea was floated that they could use it for things like elective surgery.

That’s not nearly as fun as I’d hoped.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, techboy said:

Actually, it’s a really sad person who never has anything but personal attacks and nonsense towards me. This goes years back, has no logical origin, and is the reason I left this forum previously. She’s the pure definition of a bully. 

and I’m 99.9% sure I know what her issue is - but I refuse to hit below the belt. 

Edited by thegreaterbuzzette
Hit submit too soon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it's an old gaelic term for travelling a narrow and risky mountain path in bad weather

ok, it's not....it was supposed to be 'broad' but how come you missed 'violnece' right before it?

You so had me with the first sentence….

jerk. 

1 hour ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Actually, it’s a really sad person who never has anything but personal attacks and nonsense towards me. This goes years back, has no logical origin, and is the reason I left this forum previously. She’s the pure definition of a bully. 

and I’m 99.9% sure I know what her issue is - but I refuse to hit below the belt. 

She does the same nonsense to me. Then cries victim if you respond. 

the idea of jumping into an online discussion, then responding to people who say something g to you with “you don’t have to respond” 😆 

idk what her deal is but it’s gotten old and weird. 

Edited by tshile

Circling back to the topic:

a sure fire way too hate yourself for your opinion, is to feel good about how you arrived there and why, then watch the hard-right/neonazi element of our country parade rittenhouse around 

something about “when I look around and see nazis I’m on the wrong side” and such. 

I love what this country is supposed to be. 

I hate what it currently is. So sad and pathetic. Between that and people who seem to want to spill their opinion on everyone’s lap, without having the facts, and the neonazi/fascist  uprising… we’re just a county of stupid people. 

even basic decency has gone by the wayside. 

need to find a ticket on one of these public space flights cause they’re nothing more than trials, and one day one of these ships are leaving to create a habitable place elsewhere and they aren’t coming back. And I sure as **** don’t want to be stuck here with our sub level 0 civilization limitation. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 4