Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

26 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Jesus ****ing christ.

I would be interested to see what your opinion is and then compare it to other women’s rights positions.  I spent a long portion of my life believing you just don’t hit women no matter what.  Then I asked myself why.  I am about 5’6” and ~140lbs.  If a women is 6’2” and 250lbs and attacking me, is it wrong to hit her?  Is hitting a women more wrong than a large man hitting is much smaller husband?

I think this whole “never hit women” is a relic of a bygone era.  I now put myself more in the camp of “don’t use violence and fear to control another person, especially if you are in a physical position where the other person has no reasonable position to defend themselves.”

• Like 1

Just now, goskins10 said:

Bull****. They were ALREADY there, left over from protesting. He injected himself into the situation, not even getting there until after curfew started, therefore making it worse when he should stayed his ignorant white trash self at home. 

Ignoring the rest because it’s irrelevant to the situation we’re discussing and bringing race into a situation where both of the ones being discussed are of the same race.

but kyle was there throughout the day as well and didn’t just show up after the protesting ended.

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Bull****. They were ALREADY there, left over from protesting. He injected himself into the situation, not even getting there until after curfew started, therefore making it worse when he should stayed his ignorant white trash self at home. Not to mention had he been black he would have been shot by police who would have shot first and asked questions later but fair enough that's a different conversation.  So yes, there is something definitely wrong with saying both should not have been there. It's a tone deaf attempt to rationalize his ignorance so as to excuse his actions, The "well they did it too" is something I used to punish my son for when he used that stupid excuse, he was 8 at the time. 

The racial Assumptions are irrelevant as there is nothing concrete about them. The fact is Gaige had been going to protests all summer, was a trained paramedic, went there with a full bag of medical necessities, wore a Paramedics hat to make it clear his intentions, wasn’t brandishing his gun, and put himself in harms way to stop an active shooter. It’s been speculated if it wasn’t for his medical supplies and knowledge he would have died from his wound.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would be interested to see what your opinion is and then compare it to other women’s rights positions.  I spent a long portion of my life believing you just don’t hit women no matter what.  Then I asked myself why.  I am about 5’6” and ~140lbs.  If a women is 6’2” and 250lbs and attacking me, is it wrong to hit her?  Is hitting a women more wrong than a large man hitting is much smaller husband?

I think this whole “never hit women” is a relic of a bygone era.  I now put myself more in the camp of “don’t use violence and fear to control another person, especially if you are in a physical position where the other person has no reasonable position to defend themselves.”

He literally hit a woman who was engaged with someone else. Where do you stand on that?

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The racial Assumptions are irrelevant as there is nothing concrete about them. The fact is Gaige had been going to protests all summer, was a trained paramedic, went there with a full bag of medical necessities, wore a Paramedics hat to make it clear his intentions, wasn’t brandishing his gun, and put himself in harms way to stop an active shooter. It’s been speculated if it wasn’t for his medical supplies and knowledge he would have died from his wound.

He literally hit a woman who was engaged with someone else. Where do you stand on that?

I was not part of your conversation. Have no idea why you quoted me. 

11 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Ignoring the rest because it’s irrelevant to the situation we’re discussing and bringing race into a situation where both of the ones being discussed are of the same race.

but kyle was there throughout the day as well and didn’t just show up after the protesting ended.

He was in the area earlier in the day but didn't inject himself into the protests until later. 

i agree with a fair amount of what buzz/b-ette/steve/spear are posting

and yet i'd have kyle in prison for a long time, and i think ya'all know  i were thanos how i'd handle that whole slice of america that's celebrating kyle, or even the guys just perpetually acting like the real concern of terrible social impact is all the (cough) imminent and dire threats to their 2nd amendment and 'right to self defense'

(and i like guns, love blades and bows, and love self-defense as well as offense)

how do i reconcile those seemingly oppositional perspectives...magic!!!

also, a couple people have really been pushing rule 5 and destino has been hunting heads on rule 5 violators so let's make an effort :D

he gets very cross this time of year 

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

what fresh hell is this?  

oops i did mine a bit too late, just by a few seconds

i was trying to save them from your wrath and share a little of the  unifying illumination i've been feeling since we won the game and then i tried these new edibles...thai raspberry shortcake or something

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I was not part of your conversation. Have no idea why you quoted me. 

He was in the area earlier in the day but didn't inject himself into the protests until later. 

Have a broken down timeline of his whereabouts?  I haven’t seen anything with specific time stamps outside of him being there prior and at least 2 hours prior to the first shooting.

either way though, when something illegal is happening (post protest and curfew) isn’t it the individuals responsibility to remove themselves?  Just not sure how it’s ok for 1 to be there post protest but not another

Maybe this is too simplistic - but I also equate some of what happened to a road rage response. How often do we hear stories about normal, non-violent folks going absolute bonkers because someone cut them off on the highway? This caveman (or women) response of totally out of proportion reaction that in no way is aligned with the prior chain of events. 

Again, I repeat, no one made good decisions that day. 2 people lived to talk about it, but just as easily could have been the reverse - and we’d have a completely different narrative going. “Rioters kill parametric and child”. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The guy in the black sweater and colorful shorts, the one throwing haymakers.

Again, I’m on my phone so I may feel different with a closer inspection.  But if that one is Kyle, it looks like he is probably associated with the smaller girl who it looks like the taller one hits.  Then he jumps in.  The girl he was hitting appears to be a willing participant if not the instigator.  My problem with this video isn’t that he hit a girl.  It is that a bunch of kids were fighting for whatever reason.  And that people don’t just let two people fight but instead try to gang up and jump in.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Again, I’m on my phone so I may feel different with a closer inspection.  But if that one is Kyle, it looks like he is probably associated with the smaller girl who it looks like the taller one hits.  Then he jumps in.  The girl he was hitting appears to be a willing participant if not the instigator.  My problem with this video isn’t that he hit a girl.  It is that a bunch of kids were fighting for whatever reason.  And that people don’t just let two people fight but instead try to gang up and jump in.

Wow. Ok. I guess he’s just spreading his self-defense vibes then to helpless people? He’s a regular superhero.

1 hour ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Are you suggesting that there is never a reason for a man to “hit a women”? Because that’s pretty damn asinine. 

Um, yeah.  Obviously.  Blink twice if you need help.  Promise I wont tell.

57 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes, obviously.  Since your so svelt just run away.  I think this whole "never hit a women" thing is right up there with "never sexually abuse minors" thing.  One of those little obvious rules I choose to live my life by.  Id say something trite like you do you, but nah....**** all the way off.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Wow. Ok. I guess he’s just spreading his self-defense vibes then to helpless people? He’s a regular superhero.

I didn’t say anything like that.  I have an issue with all of those people hitting each other.  But I don’t see any specific issue of “he hit a women”.  Now if no one else had been fighting and he just walked up and punched that small girl, I’d have a major issue with that.  But honestly, if he just walked up and hit anyone, I’d have an issue with that also (and I would hope you would to).

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yes, obviously.  Since your so svelt just run away.  I think this whole "never hit a women" thing is right up there with "never sexually abuse minors" thing.  One of those little obvious rules I choose to live my life by.  Id say something trite like you do you, but nah....**** all the way off.

So can you explain why hitting a women is worse than hitting a guy?  Does size matter at all?  Is hitting a much smaller man better than hitting a much larger women?  Like is hitting an Oompa Loompa cool but hitting a women that plays professional rugby way out of line?  

I’m just trying to figure out if there is any actual rational to your position or if it is just an outdated opinion that women can’t care for themselves.  To be clear, I’m taking the position that you should just generally avoid hitting people unless absolutely necessary.  I’m curious to hear you explain why that is wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Um, yeah.  Obviously.  Blink twice if you need help.  Promise I wont tell.

Times it’s ok to hit a women:

-when they refuse to hand over keys before getting in a vehicle to drive intoxicated. 
-when they are about to drive their van full of their children into a lake

-when they are participating in child sex trafficking

-when they are actively assaulting someone else

….I can go on and on. 

no one should ever physically abuse someone. However if I’m on a bus with 10 men and one female, and that female is attacking me - one of those men better step up and help. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I didn’t say anything like that.  I have an issue with all of those people hitting each other.  But I don’t see any specific issue of “he hit a women”.  Now if no one else had been fighting and he just walked up and punched that small girl, I’d have a major issue with that.  But honestly, if he just walked up and hit anyone, I’d have an issue with that also (and I would hope you would to).

So can you explain why hitting a women is worse than hitting a guy?  Does size matter at all?  Is hitting a much smaller man better than hitting a much larger women?  Like is hitting an Oompa Loompa cool but hitting a women that plays professional rugby way out of line?  

I’m just trying to figure out if there is any actual rational to your position or if it is just an outdated opinion that women can’t care for themselves.  To be clear, I’m taking the position that you should just generally avoid hitting people unless absolutely necessary.  I’m curious to hear you explain why that is wrong.

Plus how are supposed to identify someone nowadays 😂 kidding but actually I guess it is a serious question

Edited by steve09ru

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This is the most insane thing I’ve ever read.

41 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Have a broken down timeline of his whereabouts?  I haven’t seen anything with specific time stamps outside of him being there prior and at least 2 hours prior to the first shooting.

either way though, when something illegal is happening (post protest and curfew) isn’t it the individuals responsibility to remove themselves?  Just not sure how it’s ok for 1 to be there post protest but not another

I never once said it was OK for them to be there - even said the opposite and you ignored. But the little POS is the one who escalated the issue by inserting himself into it when he was not part of the protesting just decided to be vigilante. Having gas leak from your car is not good. But when you add a flame it becomes a much different and more caustic problem. 

I believe he belongs in jail. Not changing my mind. He made a bad problem much worse that directly led to 2 deaths and he should be held accountable for it, but wasn't. I am done here. Moving on. 

• Thumb down 1

since we're tossing out pithy assessments--and i like you ;)---you're reading pretty stupid in your last few posts

not that "your heart" (and i hate using that phrase) isn't in the right place on klye, but in the way you're choosing to differ on this tangent you've reduced yourself to banal insult and lightweight posturing

that's not your norm ;) 

that's beal's norm :D

(late edit--this post was @ party posse but i forgot to quote him and buzz thought it was about him--everyone's clear on it now and they all hate me--especially beal)

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Plus how are supposed to identify someone nowadays 😂 kidding but actually I guess it is a serious question

I literally just said this. When you add trans men or women to this scenario - it negates everyone’s pearl clutching default response. 

“It’s never ok to hit a woman” is a over simplification. 

do we all 100% agree with the sentiment? Of course. 

but there’s much more to it. 

Also - to any of you thinking it’s funny or acceptable to suggest that he would ever engage in this with me is disgusting. And unless any of you are female and have been in a relationship where violence was involved - shut your faces. Be better. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I never once said it was OK for them to be there - even said the opposite and you ignored. But the little POS is the one who escalated the issue by inserting himself into it when he was not part of the protesting just decided to be vigilante. Having gas leak from your car is not good. But when you add a flame it becomes a much different and more caustic problem. 

I believe he belongs in jail. Not changing my mind. He made a bad problem much worse that directly led to 2 deaths and he should be held accountable for it, but wasn't. I am done here. Moving on. 

I was referring to your comment about him already being there which, to me, insinuated that since he was already there, it wasn’t as big a deal.  But agree to disagree- do t think any opinions anywhere are getting changed at this point.

we can all at least agree on the nice win today- Hail!