Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

57 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think there were too many cars driving by to get an accurate idea of what happened.  And while I am personally against hitting women for the most part, I also understand that if a women puts herself into a fight situation, some people will treat them as an equal in a fight.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I think what you mean is 

Guilty

or 

Hero

Which is ridiculous.

I’d say about .01% of those who know of the case don’t see him as either one or the other. It’s all about perception.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think there were too many cars driving by to get an accurate idea of what happened.  And while I am personally against hitting women for the most part, I also understand that if a women puts herself into a fight situation, some people will treat them as an equal in a fight.

Wait, you’re defending him? I. Am. Shocked.

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’d say about .01% of those who know of the case don’t see him as either one or the other. It’s all about perception.

Wait, you’re defending him? I. Am. Shocked.

Well I’ve had more than 1 and less than 20 shots (probably more towards the latter) so I’m may have missed something.  But it looked like a bunch of idiots looking to fight.  Gender didn’t seem to matter there.

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Right. Because there are only two choices here.

I'll (still) take the skateboard for $1000, Alex. 

If only (as a 17-year old) he had known how to defend himself from it (like hold the thing that you brought made of steel over your head to protect yourself). 

Or he just could have NOT BEEN THERE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I’ve had more than 1 and less than 20 shots (probably more towards the latter) so I’m may have missed something.  But it looked like a bunch of idiots looking to fight.  Gender didn’t seem to matter there.

Gender is irrelevant. You said people will be fine so long as they don’t attack him. That’s clearly not the case per that video. He interjected for whatever reason and punched her.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'll (still) take the skateboard for $1000, Alex. 

If only (as a 17-year old) he had known how to defend himself from it (like hold the thing that you brought made of steel over your head to protect yourself). 

Or he just could have NOT BEEN THERE. 

That’s a good way to get your gun taken.  The second point, could be said across the board for everyone there that night.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Including your client. 

“My client”? Lol I’m just pointing out that no one had a reason to be there unless they were peacefully protesting which was not what was occurring.  So to continue throwing out the “no reason to be there isn’t an argument for either side”.  

If we’re picking and choosing at least rittenhouse had his friends and family (dad and grandmother) who lived in Kenosha.  Grosskreutz drove twice the distance 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

“My client”? Lol I’m just pointing out that no one had a reason to be there unless they were peacefully protesting which was not what was occurring.  So to continue throwing out the “no reason to be there isn’t an argument for either side”.  

If we’re picking and choosing at least rittenhouse had his friends and family (dad and grandmother) who lived in Kenosha.  Grosskreutz drove twice the distance 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess you never heard of two wrongs do not make a right. The protestors were already there. He had a choice to not add to it. He added to it then killed two people. This whole well they did it too bull**** is just that, bull**** to hide a very stupid and morally bankrupt decision. It was not his place to come play cop. If he sat his ignorant ass home than several families would not be missing members over the holiday. 

And yes, despite the right wing rhetoric while here was some violence, for which there is no excuse, there was ALSO peaceful protesting going on. This constant making it all one thing or the other is another load of bull****. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Jesus ****ing christ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m not going to engage if you honestly have to ask.

Lol of course you won’t.  Let’s see- no one was permitted to be there at that time because it broke curfew not to mention it was a night of heavy rioting and looting.  He was there to supposedly protect and help but didn’t live near there, carried a firearm (illegally).  Got himself into a situation he didn’t need to be in and pulled a weapon on someone.

Everything above sounds eerily similar to what everyone is saying about rittenhouse.

So why is Gaige any different?  Is it because his name isn’t Kyle?

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I guess you never heard of two wrongs do not make a right. The protestors were already there. He had a choice to not add to it. He added to it then killed two people. This whole well they did it too bull**** is just that, bull**** to hide a very stupid and morally bankrupt decision. It was not his place to come play cop. If he sat his ignorant ass home than several families would not be missing members over the holiday. 

And yes, despite the right wing rhetoric while here was some violence, for which there is no excuse, there was ALSO peaceful protesting going on. This constant making it all one thing or the other is another load of bull****. 

Same can be said for those who were still there.  It was past curfew and at the point of all of this it had already turned too rioting and looting.  

there’s nothing wrong at all in saying no one had a reason to be there at that time.

13 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Lol of course you won’t.  Let’s see- no one was permitted to be there at that time because it broke curfew not to mention it was a night of heavy rioting and looting.  He was there to supposedly protect and help but didn’t live near there, carried a firearm (illegally).  Got himself into a situation he didn’t need to be in and pulled a weapon on someone.

Everything above sounds eerily similar to what everyone is saying about rittenhouse.

So why is Gaige any different?  Is it because his name isn’t Kyle?

Same can be said for those who were still there.  It was past curfew and at the point of all of this it had already turned too rioting and looting.  

there’s nothing wrong at all in saying no one had a reason to be there at that time.

Bull****. They were ALREADY there, left over from protesting. He injected himself into the situation, not even getting there until after curfew started, therefore making it worse when he should stayed his ignorant white trash self at home. Not to mention had he been black he would have been shot by police who would have shot first and asked questions later but fair enough that's a different conversation.  So yes, there is something definitely wrong with saying both should not have been there. It's a tone deaf attempt to rationalize his ignorance so as to excuse his actions, The "well they did it too" is something I used to punish my son for when he used that stupid excuse, he was 8 at the time. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The thing is, we were already post “two wrongs”. We were at least up to the third if not fourth “wrong” at this point. 

25 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Jesus ****ing christ.

Are you suggesting that there is never a reason for a man to “hit a women”? Because that’s pretty damn asinine.