Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

well, i know the whole story of all this racial stuff for all these centuries but i didn't have that much to say about it before...however now i think i should say that we should be careful not to over-reach in seeking change or fall victim to greased gradations and change too darn much of how it's been or make some horrible misstep like banning dukes of hazard reruns and we need to keep that in mind so we don't get carried away here...just stay medium during the revolution, please

brought to you by the pioneers of prioritization for america

Why don't you think Black lives matter?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

https://medium.com/@dtod95/the-black-lives-matter-organization-is-a-money-laundering-scheme-d11abba4547e

I dont think it is a scheme but it does say where the money is going.. it goes to ActBlue.. though it looks like it would go to a Democratic PAC only if BLM didn’t cash the check they send within 30 days.. 

It goes to ActBlue, a nonprofit funds collection organization, to BLM.  It goes somewhere else if BLM fails or refuses to accept the funds.  

Which causes your source to flat out lie, and claim that it's a money laundering scheme. Despite actually saying in their own article that that's not the case.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

It goes to ActBlue, a nonprofit funds collection organization, to BLM.  It goes somewhere else if BLM fails or refuses to accept the funds.  

Which causes your source to flat out lie, and claim that it's a money laundering scheme. Despite actually saying in their own article that that's not the case.  

I’m not saying his conclusion isn’t wrong or that i agree with him. But someone asked for a source for first part of what you said (what i said, that the money was going to a organization that supports democrats), and that was an easily googlable link that explains it.  

I doubt there are many BLM folks who are supportive of a Trump or the republican party, so the fact that democratic organizations may benefit as a result of the BLM donations isn’t suprising, and probably advances the BLM mission.

My point is that the money will be spent with a plan because people who know how to spend money are involved.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I was going to say this made me think of Thanos, but I suppose his motto would be "50% of lives matter".

when i joined i was a softy like thanos

experience shaped me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Uh no? It is going to a organization that supports democrats. I’m not sure why that is an issue or surprise to you though.

Uh no.  It does not.  

Act Blue is a “GoFundMe” type entity for progressive causes that Black Lives Matter uses. The quote in the ridiculous article you linked to stated Act Blue’s policy that if groups using the service fail to cash their Act Blue check representing funds collected within 60 days, those funds reverted to Act Blue.

For your statement to be true, Black Lives Matter personnel are deciding not to use the money donated specifically to their organization and instead letting the funding service use it for their own purposes by deliberately not cashing the checks sent to them. 

I’ll wait for a link showing that’s happening. 

Edited by Dan T.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Uh no.  It does not.  What surprises me is your apparent lack of reading comprehension skills.

Nothing "reading comprehension" about it.  What's lacking is integrity.  

He's intentionally trying to support a claim that the money is being diverted to support Democrat politicians, by using the phrase "goes to" to refer to "passes briefly through the hands of, on it's way to it's designated recipient".  

He's saying "the money goes to an organization that supports Democrats" to refer to "the money goes to a bank where some Democrats also have bank accounts".  

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

Well, we can all rest easy knowing that Trump will very quickly solve bigotry and prejudice.  It will be nice to finally check that problem off the list. 

Yeah, another one that Trump will take care of like all the others he said were easy fixes and he would totally do.

Healthcare 

Covid

Iran

North Korea

Opioid crisis

Middle East peace

Etc

My question is...at this point who the hell is he trying to convince with that sort of bull****? Himself? His followers? Anyone within earshot? Also, at what point will Jared be put in charge of fixing bigotry? Because you know it will happen once Trump gets bored with it and his attention shifts to something else.

• Thanks 1

Trump says he is working on an executive order to get police to use "force with compassion," adding, "if somebody's really bad, you're going to have to do it with real strength and real power." Trump: "You have to dominate the street."

3cpAS6L.jpg

How do you all feel about the "Original Sin Theory?"

White secular Libs have a human need for penitence but with no belief in god they have exchanged BLM with the bowing and boot kissing stuff.

If you are one of those from Bethesda bowing to BLM how do you square that with supporting the racisist Redskins?

• Haha 2

I don't get all the outrage to stuff like statues getting taken down and confederate flags no longer being able to be flown at Nascar races. People just want to get mad at something, it makes no sense. A missing statue does nothing to your personal life and the flag in the end is a piece of cloth. The only flag that should be flown is the USA's during any sporting event. 

I also don't get demonizing all police officers as racists and pigs. Most of them are told to be "hard targets" at these riots by their superiors. Some do go overboard, but their job is the only job in the world where you can get fired for doing everything correctly. It's ****ing hard, I did it for 8 years. 

So I stay in a bubble and just watch people tear each other apart on social media. It's crazy when you're truly not in a "group" and you watch both sides. I like my guns and 2nd amendment rights, I like my planet clean, I believe in a progressive nation, and I absolutely hate paper straws. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

56 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

How do you all feel about the "Original Sin Theory?"

White secular Libs have a human need for penitence but with no belief in god they have exchanged BLM with the bowing and boot kissing stuff.

If you are one of those from Bethesda bowing to BLM how do you square that with supporting the racisist Redskins?

This is trolling.   

Folks in this thread, carry on like this doesn't exist.  I really don't want to deal with a dozen angry rule violations in response.   And besides he won't be able to answer you for a time. 

Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5