Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

12 hours ago, visionary said:

It’s only surprising if you imagined the problem was simply a few bad apples.  Criminals know to keep their heads down when people are watching.  The problem is that culture, training, and really what they view as normal is much more difficult to turn around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

not that their audience will read this or if they did  it won't impact them and they'll  just tell themselves that even if some stuff from fox was messed up  this time, it's still showing the way it really is out there in lefty land...that's how some brains unwork

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-news-removes-a-digitally-altered-image-of-seattle-protests/ar-BB15rtVp?li=BBnb7Kz

Fox News Removes a Digitally Altered Image of Seattle Protests

Fox News removed photos accompanying its coverage of Seattle’s demonstrations from its website on Friday after acknowledging that one was a combination of several different images and a second photo was of a fiery scene in a different city.

On Seattle’s Capitol Hill, protesters of the police killing of George Floyd have claimed a series of city blocks, now known as the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone. The police there have boarded up their precinct and given protesters free rein in the area. In recent days, the zone has featured speeches, music and a screening of a film on the criminal justice system.

On Friday, Fox posted on its site a photo of a man armed with a rifle standing in front of the shattered glass of a storefront. The Seattle Times noted that it was a combination of several different photos from Getty Images taken over nearly two weeks.

Also on the website, Fox also posted a nighttime photo of a burning storefront and car, accompanied by the headline “Crazy Town” and a list of articles on the unrest in Seattle. But that image was taken in St. Paul, Minn.

Fox removed both images after inquiries from The Seattle Times.

In an editor’s note now accompanying the articles, Fox said the now-deleted image was a “collage” that “did not clearly delineate between these images, and has since been replaced. In addition, a recent slide show depicting scenes from Seattle mistakenly included a picture from St. Paul, Minnesota. Fox News regrets these errors.”

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, visionary said:

Seems like someone on his staff said this is something he should do (not that he would think to do on his own), so as to present a good appearance (totally superficial).  Trump is incapable of promoting unity and healing.  He is by nature divisive and lacks empathy.  I predict a nothing outcome at best, and epic failure at worst.

• Like 1

I'm just gonna preface this statement by saying "been there, done that".

Mr. Brooks' sobriety test video has been released. 

THAT MAN WAS ROCK SOLID.  

I've served booze for more than 30 years. I know "slightly buzzed" from "don't drive". I've also been arrested on both of those descriptions. I almost lost my entire life, I was dating my awesome husband & he dumped me like a hot potato for a while. 

I'll say it again, that man was rock solid. And having been through sobriety tests myself, THEY DON'T TAKE 14 MINUTES UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE SOMEONE FAIL. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm just gonna preface this statement by saying "been there, done that".

Mr. Brooks' sobriety test video has been released. 

THAT MAN WAS ROCK SOLID.  

I've served booze for more than 30 years. I know "slightly buzzed" from "don't drive". I've also been arrested on both of those descriptions. I almost lost my entire life, I was dating my awesome husband & he dumped me like a hot potato for a while. 

I'll say it again, that man was rock solid. And having been through sobriety tests myself, THEY DON'T TAKE 14 MINUTES UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE SOMEONE FAIL. 

Brooks then admits to drinking, and Officer Garrett Rolfe arrives on the scene and gave Brooks a breathalyzer – which showed a reading of .108% BAC, which is above the legal limit.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1872254/watch-the-body-cam-footage-rayshard-brooks-grabs-taser-from-atlanta-officer-is-shot-dead-and-then-riots.html

He was drunk and passed out in the car.... let’s not create our own alternative facts. You don’t need to... he had his back turned and was in possession of a non lethal weapon....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1872254/watch-the-body-cam-footage-rayshard-brooks-grabs-taser-from-atlanta-officer-is-shot-dead-and-then-riots.html

He was drunk and passed out in the car.... let’s not create our own alternative facts. You don’t need to... he had his back turned and was in possession of a non lethal weapon....

Just WTF are you trying to convey, and why quote me? 

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

your post seemed to indicate you thought he wasn’t actually drunk and that it was a set up. 

sorry if I read the post wrong.

No, that was most definitely not the intent of my post. 

It was not a set-up. I know how serious drunk driving can be  I survived a head on collision (thank you, Subaru). But he offered to walk. He should have been allowed to. 

Period. Full stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

But he offered to walk. He should have been allowed to. 

People who drink and drive just don’t do it once. This time he walks home... next time he kills someone in an accident. 

I don’t think he should have lost his life but you can’t just let a drunk person who is behind the wheel walk home.  Next time he might pass out while the car is moving.

https://www.madd.org

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

People who drink and drive just don’t do it once. This time he walks home... next time he kills someone in an accident. 

I don’t think he should have lost his life but you can’t just let a drunk person who is behind the wheel walk home.  Next time he might pass out while the car is moving.

https://www.madd.org

Just stop.  Like I said, been there. I've thought of all of the scenes that could've played out, every single one. 

They had his car. He was out of it. In light of other current events, the situation could have been handled so much better. 

• Confused 1