Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

To be fair to Trump, maybe he meant that ending slavery still left a lot to be done afterwards. 

On the other hand Lincoln was ****ing assassinated by a confederate sympathizer so, he didn't get a chance to do anything about what came after.   

16 minutes ago, visionary said:

To be fair to Trump, maybe he meant that ending slavery still left a lot to be done afterwards. 

On the other hand Lincoln was ****ing assassinated by a confederate sympathizer so, he didn't get a chance to do anything about what came after.   

I mean, I usually would agree with you for most semi-normal people. But with Trump I think we all know by now that the worst is always the best guess when it comes to what he's saying and why he's saying it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Why? Name one thing he's said or done during his soul-wrecking disaster of a Presidency that shows he deserves fairness? 

**** that.

Every single thing he (and let's not forget, the entire GOP) has done deserves fairness.  

He's just not going to like fairness.  

• Like 2

Been saying that forever.

IT WAS FIVE YEARS.  There are literally hundreds of historically significant Virginians out there that have absolutely nothing to do with the Confederacy.  Educators, Scientists, Statesmen, 17th century, 20th century...the candidates are endless.  So much wonderful, positive history that could be signified and learned with a well-considered statue or monument.

And instead, we get JEB Stuart and Jeff Davis shoved down our throat from cradle to grave.

Its pathetic.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, visionary said:

I feel like what he meant was “Even though Lincoln took a huge step toward ending slavery, SEE!!! he wasn’t even that good. Even though I say a lot of racist stuff, SEE!!! i say I care about black people. I get no credit but that hack gets all the credit”

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

City Attorney Elliott says protesters arrested for nonviolent offenses won’t be prosecuted

San Diego City Attorney Mara Elliott said she will not pursue prosecutions of people arrested for nonviolent crimes such as failing to disperse or unlawful assembly during protests against police brutality and racial injustice over the past couple of weeks.

San Diego police have said they arrested 113 people on charges ranging from unlawful assembly to vandalism, looting and assaulting an officer. Elliott said, however, that people arrested on suspicion of more violent conduct, even if they are also charged with nonviolent crimes at the same time, could still face prosecution.

“I have no interest in prosecuting anyone for peacefully protesting,” Elliott said in a statement in response to The San Diego Union-Tribune. “That is a constitutional right and essential to our democracy, especially at this moment in time. 

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Robert Fuller issue in Palmdale is pretty alarming, to say the least.  African American kid found hanging from a tree.  Cops are saying it's a suicide.

He was hanged near City Hall.  Twitter is all over it.

Community Demands Answers After Black Man Is Found Hanging Near City Hall

Community and family members are seeking answers after a man was found hanging from a tree near Palmdale City Hall in California on Wednesday.

According to The Courier Daily, the man has been identified as Robert Fuller by his family.

The 20-year-old was found on June 10 with a rope around the neck hanging from a tree in Poncitlan Square, according to Lt. Brandon Dean of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau Department.

Dean said that Fuller’s death appears to be a suicide, but the actual reason will be confirmed once a full autopsy report is made available. The report is expected to feature Fuller’s past mental health history.

Despite suggestions that Fuller’s death was a suicide, many people are not convinced. The hashtag #JusticeForRobertFuller started trending on Twitter as folks called for a deeper investigation into Fuller’s death.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

by Tom Prasada-Rao

Some people die for honor

Some people die for love

Some people die while singing

To the heavens above

Some people die believing

In the cross on Calvarys’ hill

And some people die

In the blink of an eye

For a $20 bill