Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ve lived in/near Richmond for 30 years.

I’ve never been prouder of the city...and I’m far from alone in that sentiment.

Well we have plenty of people here that love doing illegal stuff. That’s why half the city is now fallen into crime. Shockoe bottom only 10 years ago was a club scene. Now it’s a rat hole with shootings every night.  Ironically the ones destroying stuff are probably the same ones who vote not to build anything new in Richmond or improve the city or raise hell every time a major improvement is suggested. The city comes begging the counties because it can’t manage money.  That’s why the statues stayed. Why? Because the city got millions in tourist revenue from them  The counties refuse to fund the city because it always comes asking but then tells the counties they won’t get anything back. Note the counties are way ahead of Richmond in every category.Ill give you 10/1 odds the people rioting and destroying voted down any city improvements over the years.  That’s awesome if the city wants to remove all the confederate stuff but it’s still Richmond.  Richmond doesn’t change.  That’s one thing I’ve learned from about two decades here.  The city doesn’t want to improve. It had no ambition to either.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Welp, that’s it then.  Richmond is cancelled.

Turns out, Jeff Davis was holding the whole thing together.

I think you are missing the whole point.  People want to go through wrecking things because a few weeks isn’t quick enough but anytime we’ve had a opportunity to improvement in anyway everyone shuts it down and thus why the city is falling into disrepair.  Where was that action and passion when the city could be improved? No one gave a flying F. I love the go to excuse to.  We might accidentally put it on a historic spot or the city can’t afford it. That’s the go to from all the people in Richmond that vote  down improvements.  Now it’s destroy stuff because the state govt didn’t do what we want immediately.  So we can’t afford to improve our city but we can afford to let rioters tear it apart. Let’s face it if VCU didn’t buy everything we’d be essentially south side Chicago 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

you just gotta get on those Richmond boards and see what’s really going on 

I wasn’t lying. Point blank last night there was collaboration surfacing for vandalizing mainly white neighborhoods around Richmond. The logic was to find out who was really standing for the cause (Yeah I don’t know what the logic is there Of vandalizing to determine loyalty.).  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm still trying to understand the overwhelming mental leap that causes one to go from tearing down statues to destroying the city/white neighborhoods. They're statues, bruh. Not the city

It surfaced in the last two days that a group is gonna vandalize white neighborhoods in Richmond to determine who is really for the cause(Yeah I don’t knowThe logic there.).  It’s the same ones destroying things.  Now we have a exteme right wing group apparently coming to confront the rioters in response to the last few days.  This could turn bad fast. 

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, even crazier considering many believe they went around the bottom of Africa and crossed the Atlantic instead of taking the Pacific route.

Edit: Nevermind, this is way off topic. Will pm you.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 1

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

It surfaced in the last two days that a group is gonna vandalize white neighborhoods in Richmond to determine who is really for the cause(Yeah I don’t know).  It’s the same ones destroying things.  Now we have a exteme right wing group apparently coming to confront the rioters in response to the last few days.  This could turn bad fast. 

I'm gonna be honest, homie. Sounds like right wing misinformation. I mean, if it happens, feel free to come back and own all of us, but... It just sounds like the usual "Stuff" coming from a certain part of the internet that I dare not venture to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm gonna be honest, homie. Sounds like right wing misinformation. I mean, if it happens, feel free to come back and own all of us, but... It just sounds like the usual "Stuff" coming from a certain part of the internet that I dare not venture to.

Unfortunately it’s pretty confirmed the right wing group is coming in the next week and the group planning the vandalism’s are the ones actively posting videos of their actions in the city.  It’s why the counties are in alarm mode.  The counties are fearful those groups will go there.  That would be dumb though because the surrounding areas the citizens are heavily armed.  Lots of gun enthusiasts outside the city.  The rioters threatened to burn the civil war historic parks in Hanover and the school and that caused a full scale riot lockdown with all stores closed that night. 

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s astounding.  Complete and utter nonsense.

Richmond today compared to Richmond 10 years ago is such a vastly improved city. My wife and I make multiple trips a year to visit family and just enjoy all the good food and bars. 

We are reading some peak fragile white people nonsense right now. If there was a male version of a Karen, this is it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Richmond today compared to Richmond 10 years ago is such a vastly improved city. My wife and I make multiple trips a year to visit family and just enjoy all the good food and bars. 

We are reading some peak fragile white people nonsense right now. If there was a male version of a Karen, this is it.

In what way have we improved vastly?  Restaurants barely get by and one closes every other week.  The arena is shut down and wasn’t hosting acts anyway.  The flying squirrels team are about to lose their mind with broken promises.  Shockoe bottom which was the night life area is now crime ridden. Anytime a business starts to make it the city raises their rent until they give up or move from the city  The only thing maybe notable is the pulse system which rioters destroyed part of a few weeks ago. 

This is getting mad off-topic, y'all.

I can see some confederate statue discussions going in the confederate statue thread.

I thought this was the Floyd protest thread, not the *****ing about RVA thread.

Richmond is a nice city in 2020 that was the capital of the confederacy back in the mid-1800s. Cool, got it, Richmond needs to figure that out even if Floyd's death didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I believe Yelp ranked Richmond as the #7 Foodie city in the country for 2019.

And most of the restaurants will be dead in a year or two.  I’m friends with many long term businesses owners past and present in Richmond and all they say is how hard it is for any of them survive.   Most are in dire situations because of corona alone.

Again I stand by what I said about Richmond.  Years and years the city doesn’t want any change or to improve in any way.  Everything always voted down yet somehow we would lure some businesses.  I’d love to know where the passion and urgency for change was before. Who knows where the city would be if the residents or leaders showed the same passion for improvement as they do right now with the protests or some cases rioters

off topic:

The confederate symbols of history should be regarded in a similar context to Nazi symbols of history. They both represent acts of terrorism and tyranny. It would be of great disrespect to Americans to fly the Union Jack on the 4th of July.

IMO.....remove them all and treat the confederate flag in the same manner as the flag of isis.

on topic:

BLM and their associated groups are going to have to come a reckoning on the not often heard voice regarding black on black crime, fatherhood, and high school education rates. It is not new news in the community and It has to be a war on two fronts in order to eliminate the ability for LEOs to blame a stigma for their actions.

Edited by ClaytoAli

Renegade said it gang. Most of a lot of these previous posts could be somewhere else. Lets take a lot of that there. Needs to be much better self control and decision making in that regard in here. Thanks. 

Yeah. That was kind of grumpy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

on topic:

BLM and their associated groups are going to have to come a reckoning on the not often heard voice regarding black on black crime, fatherhood, and high school education rates. It is not new news in the community and It has to be a war on two fronts in order to eliminate the ability for LEOs to blame a stigma for their actions.

Had conversation with my Dad about this, he implored me not to try to have those conversations at the same time.

The priority here is police brutality on a national scale triggered by how often it happens to black people.  Having what you talking about at the same time leaves the back door open for the "we had it coming" comments that always follow everytime something like this happens.  

Keep that backdoor closed and have that conversation somewhere else, it will be used against us trying to have it in same breath, let alone same thread.

Edited by Renegade7