Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

2 hours ago, visionary said:

This is really something.  They’re mobilizing to fight a threat that literally does not exist.  Nothing even similar to roving bands or marauders, moving from town to town, exists at all.  A little bias in the news doesn’t result something like this.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is really something.  They’re mobilizing you fight a threat that literally does not exist.  Nothing even similar to roving bands or marauders, moving from town to town, exists at all.  Yet the fantasy is so real they’re out in the streets over it.

a lot of 'em don't need to really believe it to participate, though more than a few do

some of them will hope it would be true, but figure it's probably not in their town, but it would be a fun reason to get dressed up in your cowboy or militia outfits and show the libs where they stand if they do show....but at any rate they get to have a party outdoors with the like minded and engage in **** that not too long ago wouldn't have been accepted even in their town and they probably wouldn't have done it...but now trumpworld...

many of them are just into knowing the media will do its part and give them a lot of air time no matter how much a non-antifa or small demonstration, if any, it might be but it's all the motivation they need---to see themselves in the local paper and on tv supporting trump

it's all win win win for these folks 

they see a world that their opposition finds abhorrent and they're far from tired of winning

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just watched Tim Scott’s speech today and felt I needed to come here and have people tell me why this guy sucks, because I hate to admit it was the best 15 minutes I’ve seen from any politician on either side of the aisle in years.

So tell me, is this guy a scumbag or what?

He gave a good speech on race on CNN a few years back.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-south-carolina-senator-tim-scott-race-police-speech-20160713-story.html

But he has supported and voted for most if not all of Trump's policies, though he has balked at a few overtly racist judges.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

But he has supported and voted for most if not all of Trump's policies, though he has balked at a few overtly racist judges.  

Thanks, sometimes when you see a good speech, it’s easy to get caught up in the words, when the actions say it all.  My assumption was he sounds great, but falls in line with his party like all the rest.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Was that from the Blotter in Creative Loafing? Hilarious stuff in there. :ols:

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****, there probably are towns so dead that police have nothing better to do than open a can of mayonnaise 

1final-1.jpg

2final-2.jpg

4final-1.jpg

7final-1.jpg

14final.jpg

15final.jpg

• Haha 6

On 6/12/2020 at 6:59 PM, China said:

In related news:

'Nooses' in Oakland park were exercise aids, man says

Oakland’s mayor said five ropes found hanging from trees in a city park are nooses and racially-charged symbols of terror but a resident said they are merely exercise equipment that he put up there months ago.

Mayor Libby Schaaf said Wedesday that a hate crime investigation was under way after a social media post identified a noose at the city’s popular Lake Merritt. Police said they searched the area on Tuesday and found five ropes attached to trees.

The Police Department provided five photographs of trees, some of which showed knotted ropes and one that appeared to have a piece of plastic pipe attached to a rope, hanging from tree limbs.

They have been removed by city officials.

Victor Sengbe, who is black, told KGO-TV that the ropes were part of a rigging that he and his friends used as part of a larger swing system. He also shared video of the swing in use.

“Out of the dozen and hundreds and thousands of people that walked by, no one has thought that it looked anywhere close to a noose. Folks have used it for exercise. It was really a fun addition to the park that we tried to create,” Sengbe said.

“It’s unfortunate that a genuine gesture of just wanting to have a good time got misinterpreted into something so heinous,” he told the station.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, China said:

It only gets worse after the portion you posted. 

“Intentions don’t matter when it comes to terrorizing the public,” Schaaf [Mayor] said. “It is incumbent on all of us to know the actual history of racial violence, of terrorism, that a noose represents and that we as a city must remove these terrorizing symbols from the public view.”

“The symbolism of the rope hanging in the tree is malicious regardless of intent. It’s evil, and it symbolizes hatred,” Williams [director of parks recreation] said.

Police said several community members came forward during their initial investigation to say the ropes were used for exercise and a man came forward to say he put them up several months ago.

“We remind and ask our community to be mindful when using this equipment in a recreational manner. These acts may send an unintended message,” the police statement said. “We recognize especially at this time, that any ropes on or attached to trees, limbs or other objects can be associated with hate crimes and racial violence.”

So the response by the cities trusted leadership is zero tolerance for any combination of ropes and trees.  Can't have people panicking over a tire swing, I guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

This is really something.  They’re mobilizing to fight a threat that literally does not exist.  Nothing even similar to roving bands or marauders, moving from town to town, exists at all.  A little bias in the news doesn’t result something like this.  

Shouldn't be that surprising, Most of them also claim to worship and love something that literally does not exist.

Meanwhile, back in Richmond:

Arthur Ashe Statue Defaced With ‘White Lives Matter’ Graffiti

Vandals defaced a statue of Arthur Ashe Wednesday with “White Lives Matter” and “WLM” graffiti in Richmond, Virginia, where the Black tennis icon, humanitarian and civil rights activist grew up.

A white man was spotted spray-painting the base with “White Lives Matter,” a racist counter-slogan to the Black Lives Matter movement that has gained momentum since the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

“Don’t all lives matter?” the man told a Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter observing him. “I’m not a racist. I just don’t agree with people desecrating property.” 

"I just don't agree with people desecrating property."  said the main caught desecrating property.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

a lot of 'em don't need to really believe it to participate, though more than a few do

I used to be quick to assume people couldn't really believe that, and that they were playing along.  This Presidency though has made me question wether I'm giving some people too much credit.  I'm starting to wonder just how many of these people are sincere in believing that some leftist group means to harm them. 

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Shouldn't be that surprising, Most of them also claim to worship and love something that literally does not exist.

Having faith hasn't left me armed and in the street waiting on a fictional mob to attack.  This problem is in the political realm.

• Like 3

Every day in this country is a history lesson in how white lives matter (above all else)

Nearly every month is white history month

Nearly every channel is white entertainment, with nearly every commercial featuring white people.

Used to tell that to a guy I knew who used to complain about BET

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Destino said:

I used to be quick to assume people couldn't really believe that, and that they were playing along.  This Presidency though has made me question wether I'm giving some people too much credit.  I'm starting to wonder just how many of these people are sincere in believing that some leftist group means to harm them. 

I wonder about this too. I believe - and have for a while - they are angry and are looking for any outlet for that anger. They want an  enemy so they either make up eithier own or let someone else make one up themselves. In the end they just want to fight, just like bunker boy. 

The whole provocateurs on both sides moral equivalency is horse**** and just another ploy to justify the armed/ready to kill impulses of the rabid. 

Just look what you made me do!

There is a current of insanity running through the populace that has been here since before the beginning, and it gets stoked on a daily basis by shysters making a buck off of it. Their short-sighted greed never allows them to pause and wonder for even a second what might happen if it gets loose.

We're getting close to that point.

Mark Taylor: Black men are hanging themselves to start ‘civil war’ that will stop Trump’s reelection

https://deadstate.org/mark-taylor-black-men-are-hanging-themselves-to-start-civil-war-that-will-stop-trumps-reelection/?fbclid=IwAR0cjdDIfHhMsXOz09RRRpwissr18-3pP8syt9-gjS8nHP5y4L-9xtdJqOA

Edited by LD0506
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, China said:

Meanwhile, back in Richmond:

Arthur Ashe Statue Defaced With ‘White Lives Matter’ Graffiti

Vandals defaced a statue of Arthur Ashe Wednesday with “White Lives Matter” and “WLM” graffiti in Richmond, Virginia, where the Black tennis icon, humanitarian and civil rights activist grew up.

A white man was spotted spray-painting the base with “White Lives Matter,” a racist counter-slogan to the Black Lives Matter movement that has gained momentum since the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

“Don’t all lives matter?” the man told a Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter observing him. “I’m not a racist. I just don’t agree with people desecrating property.” 

"I just don't agree with people desecrating property."  said the main caught desecrating property.

I drove down Monument Avenue yesterday around noon to see the damage along the street. First time since C19 isolation in mid-March. The paint on the Ashe statue had been removed. There was a story on the local news showing a group of people scrubbing it off the base of the statue. 

12 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I can’t believe you’d be so insensitive to evangelicals. White supremacy absolutely does exist.