Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

19 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yo, change the subject. Yall could get in trouble 

I was looking for the name change thread yesterday and couldn't find it. Did it get removed? I've been on vacation and slightly disconnected from ES lately.

A simple yes/no answer will tell me all I need to know.

• Like 1

Just now, Springfield said:

I was looking for the name change thread yesterday and couldn't find it. Did it get removed? I've been on vacation and slightly disconnected from ES lately.

It went to a better place 😇

• Haha 1

So you're saying Trump's a Boogaloo?

Inside the Boogaloos’ Facebook-to-Violence Pipeline

Six men who were recently arrested across the United States had one thing in common: all were members of Facebook groups for the “Boogaloo” movement, and had allegedly used those groups to threaten or plan violence.

The Boogaloo is a meme-turned-ideology of loosely affiliated right-wing and libertarian types focused on explicit violence in the name of starting a second civil war. Over the past month, feds have busted six alleged members of the movement, charging three in a failed scheme to start violence at protests, two in the shooting of a pair of federal security officers, and one for an illegal steroid business. All six were members or moderators of Boogaloo Facebook groups, sometimes even posting on the same pages.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Yes

25 minutes ago, just654 said:

Yes

the question was  already answered right above and your response is actually a rule violation, though no penalty this time

@Springfield  and others---i chose to ignore this initially, but figured it would keep going 

reminder: these posts about the name-change thread, starting with springy's, are rule violations and you can get 48 hrs (or more) off for them

all posts of questions or issues that relate to board operation go into the feedback and tech support forum

for good reason

if you ever wish to help a fellow es'er out when you see them in this situation,  just link that forum in response with an "ask there"--thanks in advance

(no one should reply to this post in the thread---it would be doing what i'm saying not to do :))

saw a clip a few minute ago of cops making an early arrest at trump rally area of a middle aged white woman protester siting on some patch of pavement wearing a blm shirt..she was sitting peacefully and two cops handheld her away by her arms saying she was trespassing...reporters followed asking her q's as the cops are hauling her away using her arms...she said never been arrested for anything before...the cops didn't seem overfly rough per se but she was alone and was not part of any disruption or activity at the time other than being present...i don't know any more about the trespassing angle...all i could see from the camera angle was open area, asphalt, some people..etc...i was trying to ascertain if she was in soem roadway or walkway obstructing anyone to any degree and could not see it...but trespassing is what the cops said too

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

saw a clip a few minute ago of cops making an early arrest at trump rally area of a middle aged white woman protester siting on some patch of pavement wearing a blm shirt..she was sitting peacefully and two cops handheld her away by her arms saying she was trespassing...reporters followed asking her q's as the cops are hauling her away using her arms...she said never been arrested for anything before...the cops didn't seem overfly rough per se but she was alone and was not part of any disruption or activity at the time other than being present...i don't know any more about the trespassing angle...all i could see from the camera angle was open area, asphalt, some people..etc...i was trying to ascertain if she was in soem roadway or walkway obstructing anyone to any degree and could not see it...but trespassing is what the cops said too

Currently, the word of the police means less than nothing.

• Like 3

I was watching this on MSNBC and they were speaking to her live.  I work a lot of events and if the campaign rented the space, including the streets around it, they can police it anyway they want.  I work a large festival every year and basically we are the security within the perimeter of our permit. If we ask someone to do something and they do not comply they can be asked to leave. If they do not leave they are trespassing. Normally this is reserved for acts that cause harm to the event or others but they can really do what ever they want.   Most tickets you buy to events have all the small type on the back that explains this--not sure that these tickets say (as I would not be caught dead there).   I am sure there will be more people who were able to access tickets to this event who did this so they could make a point and we will see how security handles these as the day goes on. 

• Like 3

Arrest warrant issued for suspect accused of setting fire at Wendy’s

Atlanta Fire Investigators have identified one of the suspects accused in setting a Wendy’s on fire during protests last weekend.

The department said earlier Saturday that a warrant has been issued for Natalie White, 29, for arson in the 1st degree. Arson investigators released images earlier this week of a woman they have now identified as White.

Mayor of Phoenix, Oregon, under investigation after protester alleges he hit her with car

The mayor of Phoenix, Oregon, is under investigation after a woman said he struck her with his car during a Black Lives Matter protest in Medford.

Mikala Johnston made the accusation against Chris Luz in a Phoenix commission meeting earlier this week. Johnston spoke directly to the mayor, who was leading the meeting.

Johnston said she was one of hundreds of marchers who took to the streets of Medford on June 1 to remember George Floyd, a Black man who died May 25 after a Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes. Police in Medford were facilitating the protest, she told the commission, but at one point demonstrators turned onto a street where traffic hadn’t been blocked.

Then she noticed a car coming at her “at a less than comfortable speed,” she said.

Video of the incident shows the driver of a yellow sedan keeping pace with the march, repeatedly blaring the horn. Johnston turned and stopped, holding up a sign.

“He then proceeds to drive his car right past me, hitting me with the front left of his vehicle and again with the side view mirror,” Johnston said at the meeting. “I couldn’t believe this man would avoid slightly turning his wheel to not hit me. He then proceeded to try to drive through a crowd of peaceful protesters.”

The contact between Johnston and the vehicle occurred at a low speed and she did not appear to be injured. Soon after, another protester briefly hops on the hood of the car and the driver jumps out, with an argument ensuing. A person in the crowd can be heard shouting “It’s Chris Luz,” while others yell “he’s the mayor of Phoenix.”

Luz returns to his car as demonstrators surround the front of the car. He eventually re-emerges, yelling at protesters that he’s on their side but also complaining they dented the hood of his car. Shortly after, demonstrators continue their march.

23 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I was driving home from Chili’s curbside pickup in my Prius, listening to Dave Matthews Band and talking to my son about how assists are the best basketball stat when it occurred to me that I am really, really white.

Did you order hummus???

I feel like that would be hitting for the Whitey cycle 

• Haha 2