Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I still can't say Boogaloo with a straight face.

I don't know the origins, but it's not impossible that this is where they got the name from. "(Fill in the blank) 2 Electric Boogaloo" has been a popular joke/meme on the internet for a while now, so someone might have thrown it out there and they ran with it. There's definitely a heavy meme factor in a lot of alt right circles.

I did a quick read onAlbert Pike and am hard pressed for a reason why he deserves a statue in Washington, DC anyway.  He led a full and adventurous life, but did serve in the Confederate army and any connection to DC is tenuous at best.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, RichmondRedskin88 said:

...I mean totally hypothetical but what if it was a extreme left and they say opened fire on people last night? Suddenly people go well maybe it’s not a peaceful movement.  See right now Nov should be clean cut not even close. But a few extreme actions by some people identifying as left and things get murky. 

What happens if the troublemakers are largely shown to be from the alt white though?

Leaked document makes Trump campaign’s use of Nazi-era symbol look worse

President Trump’s campaign is under fire for employing a symbol once used by Nazis in a new batch of Facebook ads — a red inverted triangle that appeared alongside a warning about the dire threat posed by “antifa,” a loose motley group allied against neo-fascist activity.

...But the DHS document I obtained undercuts this series of claims. The document — which is an assessment of ongoing “protest-related” threats to law enforcement dated June 17 — makes no mention at all of antifa in its cataloging of those threats.

AD

The DHS document states that “anarchist and anti-government extremists pose the most significant threat of targeted low-level, protest-related assaults against law enforcement.”

It bases this assessment on “the observed ideologies of recent attackers and the body of reporting of tactics noted by violent opportunists used over the last two weeks.”

Thus, as of this week, “anarchist and anti-government extremists” pose the most serious ongoing threat, according to Trump’s own Homeland Security department

The article goes on to quote the DHS definition of anti-government extremists as right-wing. So no, your “friends” are clearly misinformed. Again.

What I will give you is that for far too many people on a certain end of the political spectrum, truth matters about as much as black lives do in this country.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I did a quick read onAlbert Pike and am hard pressed for a reason why he deserves a statue in Washington, DC anyway.  He led a full and adventurous life, but did serve in the Confederate army and any connection to DC is tenuous at best.

that statue wasn't do much in any military honor but more an acknowledgement of his importance to freemasons and their tribe--more than a few of whom were influential in all levels of gov't and society in those times, especially around the capitol

his issues go well beyond that synopsis (i know you were just giving a thumbnail)...he was one of, if not the major freemason figures of his century and still is for many...he was crooked much of the time in his representation of native american concerns while posturing as an ally to suit his own motives (primarily power-broker gains, some land/financial, but later with an eye on some na tribes becoming southern allies for upcoming conflicts and vice versa)

he was a nutter on various themes, got into the occult while still a freemason (cognitive contortionism common to many magical-thinkers) and a "white supremacist" in action, and in some but not a preponderance of his words.....he was said by more than a few writers in that day to have what we now call a photographic memory and was a very educated and smart guy and sometimes he did things that made it appear he could champion causes of downtrodden people as part of his freemasonry...and bottom line he was a traitor in the end, too...i expect to see some faulty keyboard searches providing lazy defenses of him, not here necessarily, but in general

(i just realized i took dan's comment on specifics regarding the statue and and really extended it with material and all that belongs more in the "statuary" thread---i know it's tough as so many threads here now can over-lap, but we all need to try so i'm done on this and any more comments on it should go into that thread, thank you)

• Like 1