Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I was driving home from Chili’s curbside pickup in my Prius, listening to Dave Matthews Band and talking to my son about how assists are the best basketball stat when it occurred to me that I am really, really white.

If you're still talking Basketball rather than Hockey, then you've still a ways to go.

• Haha 5

Black Lives Matter sign in Thousand Oaks vandalized by employees of Ventura County sheriff’s and DA’s office

A Black Lives Matter sign in Thousand Oaks was vandalized on at least three separate occasions, including by a sheriff’s office employee and a district attorney’s office employee, officials said Saturday.

The sign, which consists of a tarp with the letters “BLM” painted on it, has been displayed along a fence on Westlake Boulevard for the last three weeks. It has been damaged and removed several times, according to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, prompting the owner of the sign to place a surveillance camera nearby.

Detectives recognized 60-year-old Darrin Stone — an employee of the Sheriff’s Office since 2005 — in images the owner posted of the vandalism online. Stone was captured on camera slashing the sign with a knife on June 13, and he is also accused of slashing the sign a second time on June 19, officials said.

Detectives conducted an investigation and issued Stone a misdemeanor citation for vandalism. He was also placed on paid administrative leave, pending both a criminal and administrative investigation, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Stone is a service technician at the Pre-Trial Detention Facility in Ventura, official said. He was off-duty at the time of both incidents.

“I’m deeply disappointed that one of our employees involved himself in this type of illegal activity, especially when this is an infringement on someone’s First Amendment right to freedom of speech,” Sheriff Bill Ayub said in a written statement. “We will not tolerate unlawful or unethical behavior by anyone employed by our agency. We hold our employees to the highest standards, and there will be consequences for this.”

In another incident, on May 31, Craig Anderson, 59, allegedly cut down the sign and was going to remove it from the area when he noticed the camera and left, officials said. Anderson, an investigative assistant at the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office, also received a citation for vandalism.

The Ventura County District Attorney’s office issued a statement Saturday saying that Anderson worked there for about four months and that he had resigned. It was not clear when he resigned or whether it was because of the incident.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I was driving home from Chili’s curbside pickup in my Prius, listening to Dave Matthews Band and talking to my son about how assists are the best basketball stat when it occurred to me that I am really, really white.

Nah. Listening to Coldplay would have been the epitome of whiteness.

DMB just means you were likely stoned or contact stoned. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, China said:

Black Lives Matter sign in Thousand Oaks vandalized by employees of Ventura County sheriff’s and DA’s office

A Black Lives Matter sign in Thousand Oaks was vandalized on at least three separate occasions, including by a sheriff’s office employee and a district attorney’s office employee, officials said Saturday.

I used to live in Thousand Oaks...

13 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Applebee's is the go-to "I'm so white" restaurant.

Edited by Califan007

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hello? Cracker Barrel????

No. Those biscuits speak for all peoples lol

And the name makes me smile a little bit 

Edit: and That apple butter??? Stawp it 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Vehicle attacks rise as extremists target protesters

Right-wing extremists are turning cars into weapons, with reports of 50 vehicle-ramming incidents since protests against police violence erupted nationwide in late May.

At least 18 are categorized as deliberate attacks; another two dozen are unclear as to motivation or are still under investigation, according to a count released Friday by Ari Weil, a terrorism researcher at the University of Chicago’s Chicago Project on Security and Threats. Weil has tracked vehicle ramming attacks, or VRAs, since protests began.

The 20 people facing prosecution in the rammings include a state leader of the Virginia Ku Klux Klan, as well as a California man who was charged with attempted murder after antagonizing protesters and then driving into them, striking a teenage girl. Video footage of some attacks shows drivers yelling at or threatening Black Lives Matter protesters before hitting the gas.

“The message they’re trying to send is: you need to get out of the street and stop these protests,” Weil said. “They’re trying to intimidate the most recent wave of BLM protesters, to stop their movement.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/activists-halt-street-protests-in-south-carolina-as-some-demonstrators-become-infected/ar-BB15QEYx?ocid=spartanntp

Activists halt street protests in South Carolina as some demonstrators become infected 

South Carolina racial justice activists said they would postpone future demonstrations or move them online after at least 13 people who took part in previous protests tested positive for the coronavirus. 

In a video posted Sunday on Facebook, organizer Lawrence Nathaniel said demonstrators who marched in Columbia, S.C., between May 30 and June 17 had tested positive. He said four organizers were confirmed infected, along with three photographers and six protesters. 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Cracker Barrel = "I'm so old and white"

Bob Evans = "I'm so midwestern"

Applebee's = "I'm so white"

Full disclosure: I'm a black man and I've eaten at all three lol...

I got kicked out of an Applebee's before it was cool.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Cracker Barrel = "I'm so old and white"

Bob Evans = "I'm so midwestern"

Applebee's = "I'm so white"

Full disclosure: I'm a black man and I've eaten at all three lol...

I've never understood the supposed cultural boundaries of food between black and white Americans. I'm pretty damn white and I will absolutely devour almost any sort of soul food that I can get my hands on. Except pig's feet. That one I simply have never been able to get.

• Like 1