Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

37 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m sorry would you prefer I ask my friends at the protest of thousands of people to go to the protest leaders and say hey can you give me their name?  All they got from the other protestors was it was a far left group.  They came in vests and auto. Also why would a BLM movement stand by and watch a right wing group join their protest and then watch them wreck the mayor’s place Knowing they’ll be connected to the aftermath? Then again I could ask why they were ok with it happening regardless last night. 

that's a weak response to what i actually typed (and seems very defensive) but it's not big deal, and i stand by what i noted (i'm hardly the only one)

in case it matters, i don't have any general negative take about your posting over the years or identify you as such, i'm just referring to some recent comments :) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

that's a weak response to what i actually typed (and seems very defensive) but it's not big deal, and i stand by what i noted (i'm hardly the only one)

in case it matters, i don't have any general negative take about your posting over the years or identify you as such, i'm just referring to some recent comments :) 

Yeah sorry if it came off that way.  Right now I just worry our city is powder keg and combustible elements like extremist groups is just pouring gasoline on a wildfire.  And if something happens here in the heart of what they call the South it will be seen everywhere.  I look at Nov and I don’t trust the polls.  All it takes is something major or even a series of significant events for Trump and his folks to spin the situation.  I mean totally hypothetical but what if it was a extreme left and they say opened fire on people last night? Suddenly people go well maybe it’s not a peaceful movement.  See right now Nov should be clean cut not even close. But a few extreme actions by some people identifying as left and things get murky. 

43 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You're a man about town, you should start one.

I took Spiff’s advice and got the boards up and running.  Pretty much everyone is saying Black Lives Matter, keep your chill, wear your mask and we’ll get through this.

Kinda boring, really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I took Spiff’s advice and got the boards up and running.  Pretty much everyone is saying Black Lives Matter, keep your chill, wear your mask and we’ll get through this.

Kinda boring, really.

You should track down MSF, see what he's up to.  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Far left group with automatic weapons roaming the streets of Richmond.  This didn't strike you as odd?  Sheesh.

It has been confirmed by other protestors online the group was allowed to march with them (Apparently because of the violence between police and protestors over the last two weeks.  Not sure what the logic is there?  If things turn ugly are they really gonna open fire on police?  It would be a blood bath of officers, rioters, and protestors.) but then they targeted the mayor’s home. 

If anyone cares, here are descriptions in the press of the incident:

Protesters swarm Mayor Stoney’s apartment

ideos on Twitter show demonstrators swarming Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney’s apartment Tuesday night.

The crowd reportedly arrived at the Miller & Rhoads building downtown where Mayor Stoney has an apartment. Videos on Twitter show demonstrators inside and outside of the building.

Images of graffiti seen around the city say, “Stoney is a sellout” and “WYA Stoney?”

At an event today for local faith leaders held at Faith Community Baptist Church, Del. Delores McQuinn (D-Richmond) said that a mob armed with assault rifles was able to get inside a secure area of the mayor’s residence.

“The invasion on the Mayor’s residence is so troubling to me,” McQuinn said at the event. “Where we live is our sacred space.”

The video 8News watched on Twitter shows a group inside Stoney’s building, but no firearms are visible in the video nor could we determine the race of the people involved.

“It’s my understanding,” McQuinn said, “the only way they were able to get in, someone had to let them in and they were armed.”

Richmond police said they could not confirm McQuinn’s claims.

Click on the link for the full article

--------------------

Protesters tag Stoney's apartment building with graffiti and enter lobby yelling obscenities

A crowd of 200 or more protesters on Tuesday night gathered outside Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney’s downtown apartment building and tagged the building with graffiti, and some of the demonstrators briefly entered the building’s lobby, the police said Wednesday.

Members of the crowd were demanding to speak to Stoney and yelling obscenities, and at least three men in the crowd were armed with rifles as they stood outside on Broad Street. No one was seen with a gun inside the building, according to a statement from property management.

In a note to residents posted inside the building, its management said that no one who entered the lobby accessed any of the apartments. “No weapons were noticed, and the group did agree to leave the building peacefully,” the note said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

It has been confirmed by other protestors online the group was allowed to march with them (Apparently because of the violence between police and protestors over the last two weeks.  Not sure what the logic is there?  If things turn ugly are they really gonna open fire on police?  It would be a blood bath of officers, rioters, and protestors.) but then they targeted the mayor’s home. 

My point being that even if it is true, that a group of armed protestors showed up to march with them, the likelihood they are far left is 'odd' to say the least.  That's not the far left's style at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Just a tip, considering the responses you've been getting: next time provide a link to whatever it is you're tossing out so we can read for ourselves. Follow the lead of others who constantly link to whatever their source is for whatever they are sharing. That should not be hard to remember to do.

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My point being that even if it is true, that a group of armed protestors showed up to march with them, the likelihood they are far left is 'odd' to say the least.  That's not the far left's style at all.

provocateurs exist on both sides.  White nationalists want a race war, they want things to get worse, imagining that if forced to choose the white majority would choose them.  Communists and anarchists, which oddly have significant crossover, also imagine worsening conditions will lead to a swell of support.  

Chile saw this happen.  Protests swept the country, and then one day in a magical coincidence, fire bloomed at several metro stations at virtually the same exact time.  Same targets too.  It worked, because all hell broke loose immediately afterwards.

that this happens is no secret.  We’ve seen video of strange masked men popping up randomly at protests and immediately setting about destroying stuff.  We recently saw an escalation attempted with the shootings of police officers by that member of the boogey-something-or-other.  Social media has made communication and coordination by these crazy fringe groups easier than ever.  We know the guy was thinking exactly what I’m saying here because he posted as much online.  He saw the angry crowds in the streets as opportunity.

It’s just hard to report on this because doing so immediately leads to the word “terrorist” (rightly) which opposing groups immediately use against protesters along with words like “complicit” (wrongly).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If a right wing group killed a BLM protest right now the effects couldn’t be measured. 

Right wingers have attacked and even killed others at protests or elsewhere to link it to protests on many occasions so far.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, visionary said:

They batted many eyes at BLM protesters.  Oddly I haven't heard much since the truth came out.

They haven’t figured out how to fit them into the established narratives.  Racists, anti-racists, and complicit silence is what we’re working with.  The boogywoogies showing up with no clear unified political stance other loving guns and wanting to start trouble don’t fit anywhere.  

They’re like a streaker that’s run onto the field, and to everyone’s surprise, has bitten a referee.  No one knows what to make of it yet.  

Just now, Destino said:

They haven’t figured out how to fit them into the established narratives.  Racists, anti-racists, and complicit silence is what we’re working with.  The boogywoogies showing up with no clear unified political stance other loving guns and wanting to start trouble don’t fit anywhere.  

They’re like a streaker that’s run onto the field, and to everyone’s surprise, has bitten a referee.  No one knows what to make of it yet.  

Right wingers including Republican officials have been praising them for a while, despite them telling people what they were up to.  

• Like 1

it's far more than just sad when the basic meatsack demographic comes out to play in any context

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tensions-in-capitol-hill-mount-as-residents-protesters-clash-over-access-crime/ar-BB15CXsU?ocid=hplocalnews

Tensions in Capitol Hill mount as residents, protesters clash over access, crime

Tammy Mutasa, KOMO News

Residents caught in the middle of the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, also known as CHOP, on Wednesday expressed frustration about the ongoing activity in their neighborhood, complaining about blocked streets, criminal behavior and a lawlessness that has allowed protesters to set traffic rules in their area without consequence.

City crews installed 4,000-pound concrete barriers to open a lane of traffic on 11th, 12th and Pine streets, around the CHOP zone, so residents can get to their homes, businesses can operate, and emergency vehicles can respond to any issues. But some protesters decided to block the open traffic lanes although they later opened them. The group warned that they would again impede traffic flow from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., starting Wednesday night.

“I’m frustrated (and) I’m ready for it to be over," said resident Matthew Ploszaj. "The protesters here don’t even represent Black Lives Matter.” 

In the CHOP zone, there is ongoing confusion over who is leading the movement.

Neighbors said they're starting to mobilize to figure out what they can do to get city leaders to listen to them. Some residents have temporarily moved out of the area while others have installed security cameras.

Ploszaj said he filmed video of neighbors confronting protesters who wanted to move a truck that was blocking a lane on 12th Avenue despite the city having earlier opened up lanes of traffic around the zone with concrete barriers to give neighborhood access.

“They have commandeered our neighborhood,” Ploszaj said. “The city is not doing anything about it. The police won’t come in here.”

Other neighbors say don’t forget about the safety concerns.

Ploszaj said he saw a man this week who is part of the protest group try to steal a bike from his apartment courtyard twice in the same day. He said he called 911 but the police couldn’t come.

“Any criminal knows they can come in here, do anything short of life threatening and get away with it,” Ploszaj said. “Apparently, this is not a life-threatening situation.”

Wednesday afternoon, some listened as protesters threatened to move the concrete barriers the city installed with a forklift and set the terms for neighborhood access.

“From the hours of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., this is no longer local access, we are occupying all of this" expletive, said a protester who goes by “J.”

“I don’t even feel safe anymore," said one man who requested anonymity. "During the day, this is peaceful, this is nice. At night, this becomes violent. People are just coming and going and doing what they want—there’s no organization, this is no longer what the protest is supposed to be about. Which I 100 percent support.”

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, visionary said:

This victim initially declined to press charges, but changed his mind.  Police have identified the troglodyte coward who punched him from behind as Johnnie Devault, 64.  A warrant has been issued for his arrest.

https://local12.com/news/local/warrant-issued-for-suspect-seen-on-video-punching-protester-in-bethel

https://www.facebook.com/johnnie.devault

• Like 2