Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wish @volsmetwas still around to talk about the UT guys this year.  I want to know what Bryce Thompson's deal is.  His cut ups are pretty good.  Not as good as Asante Samuel Jrs, but almost.  Like solid day two good.  But I see him as one of the options for us in the fifth.  What's going on there?  Character problems?

I think he had a domestic assault charge back in 2019 but Tony Pauline likes him:

Analysis: Thompson is a solid cornerback with next-level ball skills and terrific hands for the interception. He comes with an upside and could see action in nickel packages as a rookie. He could eventually develop into a starter on Sundays as he rounds out his game.

• Like 3

London Fletcher is on 980 now. Likes Parsons talent a lot and thinks he could thrive here BUT thinks JOK might be a better football player and was very impressed by him. Interesting take from a guy who was a master at the position(how awesome would it be if we had 07-12 Fletcher behind this DL)...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Have you all seen this DB.  Poor man's Ronnie Lott.  Watch this guy hit and cover, legally mind you.  He's a projected day 3 pick.   JOK and Ford in the secondary!   

Hardest HITTING Safety in College Football 💥 || Pitt Safety Paris Ford 2019 Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Thoughts?

Textbook running feet through contact. I like this kid. He reminds me of a harder hitting John Johnson III flying under the radar out of BC a few years ago.

Edit: After reading about his pro day numbers, after opting out, he's an UDFA most likely. Not sure what happened there.

Edited by IrepDC

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Do you have a source for that?  Everything I find quotes that 32.5" number.

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7818

57 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Have you all seen this DB.  Poor man's Ronnie Lott.  Watch this guy hit and cover, legally mind you.  He's a projected day 3 pick.   JOK and Ford in the secondary!   

Hardest HITTING Safety in College Football 💥 || Pitt Safety Paris Ford 2019 Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Thoughts?

He opted out and his workout was horrific.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/20/kansas-city-chiefs-2021-nfl-draft-pittsburgh-db-paris-ford-interest/amp/

“His performance on the field for the Panthers was much better than the product he put on the field for the Pro Day. Ford posted a 4.90 40-yard dash, 29-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-2 broad jump, 4.53 shuttle run and a 7.65 three-cone. Those athletic testing numbers could make him undraftable and teams are going to have a lot of questions about what he spent his time doing when he opted out.”

• Thanks 1

I'm at the phase where I am addicted to using the TDN mock draft simulator to just run a Round 1 mock draft with full control of the teams:

1. Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson

2. NY Jets - Zach Wilson, QB BYU

3. San Francisco - Mac Jones, QB Alabama

4. Atlanta - Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

5. Cincinnati - Penei Sewell, OT Oregon

6. Miami - Jamar Chase, WR LSU

*Trade* Denver sends 1.9 and a 2nd to Detroit for 1.7 and a 5th

7. Denver - Trey Lance, QB NDSU

8. Carolina - Rashawn Slater, OT Northwestern

9. Detroit - Jaylen Waddle, WR Alabama

10. Dallas - Patrick Surtain, CB Alabama

11. NY Giants - Micah Parsons, LB Penn State

*Trade* Chicago sends 1.20 and a 2022 1st to Philadelphia for 1.12

12. Chicago - Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

13. LA Chargers - Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech

14. Minnesota - Alijah Vera-Tucker, T/G USC

*Trade* Cleveland sends 1.26 and 2.59 to New England for 1.15 and 4.120

15. Cleveland - Christian Barmore, DT Alabama

16. Arizona - Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina

17. Las Vegas - Teven Jenkins, T/G Oklahoma State

18. Miami - Jaelan Philips, Edge Miami

19. Washington - DeVonta Smith, WR Alabama

20. Philadelphia - Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech

21. Indianapolis - Baron Browning, LB Ohio State

22. Tennessee - Rashod Bateman, WR Minnesota

23. NY Jets - Kwity Paye, Edge Michigan

24. Pittsburgh - Joe Tryon, Edge Washington

25. Jacksonville - Terrace Marshall, WR LSU

26. New England - Jeremiah Owusu-Koromah, LB Notre Dame

27. Baltimore - Azeez Ojulari, Edge Georgia

28. New Orleans - Rondale Moore, WR Purdue

29. Green Bay - Dillon Radunz, OT NDSU

30. Buffalo - Najee Harris, RB Alabama

31. Kansas City - Liam Eichenberg, OT Notre Dame

32. Tampa Bay - Kadarius Toney, WR Florida

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This link says he was born in 1963.

Hard to trust anything on there after that.

Says his draft age was 44.  Had a pretty good career considering he was almost eligible for SS by the time he retired.

Why is it so difficult for us to get reliable measurements and stats on these guys?  None of this is in question or difficult to find for American basketball prospects.  The NFL draft is big business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wish @volsmetwas still around to talk about the UT guys this year.  I want to know what Bryce Thompson's deal is.  His cut ups are pretty good.  Not as good as Asante Samuel Jrs, but almost.  Like solid day two good.  But I see him as one of the options for us in the fifth.  What's going on there?  Character problems?

Anyone know where VOLSMET is/if he’s ok?

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

it’s a shame Volsmet is not around. Left under a cloud I’d say. I sometimes think he/she is back as another poster actually :ols:

This was definitely his time of the year to shine. He had lots of great info especially on late round gems and of course, Vols lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Says his draft age was 44.  Had a pretty good career considering he was almost eligible for SS by the time he retired.

Why is it so difficult for us to get reliable measurements and stats on these guys?  None of this is in question or difficult to find for American basketball prospects.  The NFL draft is big business.

Yea, clearly an error there.

I think it’s a bit of a moot point though because if you can only find 1, maybe two successful OT with less than 33 arms it speaks to the fact that they are the outliers. You shouldn’t draft trying to find the exceptions. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2021/4/21/22395856/can-you-be-an-above-average-offensive-tackle-in-the-nfl-with-short-arms

4 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Yea, clearly an error there.

I think it’s a bit of a moot point though because if you can only find 1, maybe two successful OT with less than 33 arms it speaks to the fact that they are the outliers. You shouldn’t draft trying to find the exceptions. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2021/4/21/22395856/can-you-be-an-above-average-offensive-tackle-in-the-nfl-with-short-arms

Hey, I agree. I think the first 18 selections should let Sewell go. He’s not worth it. Then the team who is drafting at 19 should take him. Whoever that may be. With haste.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Thoughts?

i like this guy. 

“ford hits like a chevy”

😂😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I was listening to a PFF podcast and they said a safety prospect said teams were looking at him as a LB not a safety. I believe it was Deablo but not sure. I'll try and find it later to clarify.

Deablo's stats really jump out among the next tier of safeities. 4.44 speed.  6 career picks.  One of PFF's highest coverage grades.

• Like 7