Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim hinted in one of his podcasts about a month ago he didn't think they were in on Jones but forgot how he said it.  I know it was subtle.  I recall posting about it at the time on the Qb thread. 

I don't love Mills but I agree with most draftniks that he's the 6th best QB in the draft.  I'd rather not take him in the 2nd so like you I prefer if they must take him, then try to do it in the third round.   

I am not a Trask guy but wouldn't go nuts if they took him in the third, I don't think he will be a bust, I think he's a backup QB in this league but not a starter.  A third rounder for a backup QB is a bit pricey but not too over the top.  

Seems like the noise is they like one potential top 10 QB its likely Fields, maybe Lance.  In the 2nd they like Mills.  In the third they like Trask.   That would be the rumors.  But will see. 

If the QB class coming out next year is as weak as the experts say it is then I expect us to take a QB as early as round two but more likely in round 3 or 4. Mond, Mills, Trask? 

Watching Fitz play the last few seasons makes me think the WFT needs to target a WR in the draft who can play smart and physical and make contested catches.  Because he really likes to feed guys who come down with the football.   A guy they could get in the 3rd Tylan Wallace looks to be a good candidate.  Not a top guy but has all the makings of a good #2.  This  guy might be all they need to round out this WR core.  They can go BPA in 1 and 2 or trade them for a pick.

MY new ideal draft is    

13th.   Micah Parsons  (1st 3rd and a 2022 2nd) 

Rivera and Del Rio see the perfect LB they have been waiting for to take the defense to another level and do what it takes to get him. 

51.    Pat Freiermuth.   

Solid TE, can block and catch contested balls.

82.    Tylan Wallace     

Great #2  jump ball skills.

125.  Rhamondre Stevenson. 

BIg Back, compliments Gibson, need deeper running game.

Thats it offense stacked, Defense stacked, Just need Lucas to have an average or better or year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim hinted in one of his podcasts about a month ago he didn't think they were in on Jones but forgot how he said it.  I know it was subtle.  I recall posting about it at the time on the Qb thread. 

I don't love Mills but I agree with most draftniks that he's the 6th best QB in the draft.  I'd rather not take him in the 2nd so like you I prefer if they must take him, then try to do it in the third round.   

I am not a Trask guy but wouldn't go nuts if they took him in the third, I don't think he will be a bust, I think he's a backup QB in this league but not a starter.  A third rounder for a backup QB is a bit pricey but not too over the top.  

Seems like the noise is they like one potential top 10 QB its likely Fields, maybe Lance.  In the 2nd they like Mills.  In the third they like Trask.   That would be the rumors.  But will see. 

Depends if the "We prefer QB's with more experience " comments from the FO are a smokescreen or reality. Lance, Jones and Mills are "inexperienced". Fields, Mond and Trask are considered "experienced". 

28 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Watching Fitz play the last few seasons makes me think the WFT needs to target a WR in the draft who can play smart and physical and make contested catches.  Because he really likes to feed guys who come down with the football.   A guy they could get in the 3rd Tylan Wallace looks to be a good candidate.  Not a top guy but has all the makings of a good #2.  This  guy might be all they need to round out this WR core.  They can go BPA in 1 and 2 or trade them for a pick.

MY new ideal draft is    

Yep.  Agree. There is a small but vocal contingent on this thread that have pushed for Wallace for months.  Ditto making the point that Fitz thrives on contested catches.  So a number of people here are on the same page. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, redskinss said:

If Mac jones does go 3rd we'll have to reevaluate our future thoughts on quarterbacks with zero mobility. 

Maybe this is a slight shift back towards valuing accuracy from the pocket as much as escapability from it.

I don't think its that simple.  I think the league could still be trending towards mobility and arm strength but there just hasn't been a new really great pure passer in a while.  They can come in waves.  We had Drew and Brady and Manning, and then before them the Elway, montana etc...

We are just due for the new wave of good guys, they just need to find a way to win in the new environment that may rely on a little more athleticism.  Mac Jones is just really good at everything I see him do and I think he is going to kill it with SF.  He knows how to read defenses and manipulate them, slide and use instincts in he pocket, place accurate balls with touch, and his reads, fakes and eyes are silky smooth.   He really is an elite prospect IMO, just from a throw back era.  

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The argument were the other pieces outside of Kelce and Hill. No doubt they’re elite but the rest of the offense isn’t anything special.

The discussion was if KC was loaded with playmakers. 

You said "I don’t think KC is loaded with playmakers. They have Hill and Kielce and a bunch of question marks."  

Patrick Mahomes is also elite.  That is three top-3 for their position on the team.  CEH, Watkins, Robinson, Hardman may not be elite but they are playmakers.

We may just have to disagree on this one.🍻

:229:The Rook

I was high on Zaven early and was hating on Parson because of the character issues so I did not look at him too much.  Now after hes put up his numbers, I take a second look, and wow.   This is an Elite prototype type dude. 6-3 246 4.4 40  The way he can blitz, that speed, those hips, those huge hands.  He is almost a chase young level LB prospect IMO  You put him behind this defense and its going to be a slaughter house once he starts crashing through.  So if I am WFT, I Hope he slides, cross your fingers on the character, and do what it takes to trade up for him, within reason.  It is the ultimate strength added to strength move. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

I was high on Zaven early and was hating on Parson because of the character issues so I did not look at him too much.  Now after hes put up his numbers, I take a second look, and wow.   This is an Elite prototype type dude. 6-3 246 4.4 40  The way he can blitz, that speed, those hips, those huge hands.  He is almost a chase young level LB prospect IMO  You put him behind this defense and its going to be a slaughter house once he starts crashing through.  So if I am WFT, I Hope he slides, cross your fingers on the character, and do what it takes to trade up for him, within reason.  It is the ultimate strength added to strength move. 

It does feel that way.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with your assessments.  You nailed the info that I bolded and think it goes that way QB wise too.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If the QB class coming out next year is as weak as the experts say it is then I expect us to take a QB as early as round two but more likely in round 3 or 4. Mond, Mills, Trask? 

From SIP's post and agree 100%:  "Seems like the noise is they like one potential top 10 QB its likely Fields, maybe Lance.  In the 2nd they like Mills.  In the third they like Trask.  That would be the rumors.  But will see. "

I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, especially the last one, and that's fine ...BUT I see three guys most people are Big Wrong about and they are:

Mac Jones- fat, unathletic, off schedule zero

Etienne- nothing special

Penei Sewell- tiny alligator arms.  Scherff 2.0?

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted a lot on Mac Jones during the college season, I like him.  I think some teams might be carried away on him now but that doesn't make me dislike him.  

Mac's RAS score, 7.19, rates him as an above average athlete.  He has en elite score for the broad jump which speaks to his agility.  As Chris Simms likes to say about Mac he's actually a decent athlete and not immobile.  Mac isn't a running QB but that's a different thing. 

I just listened to a Breer podcast where he interviews Brady Quinn about the QBs and they go Trask has the issues with mobility that some say Mac Jones falsely does.   

Trask can slide in the pocket well but that dude is slow, he's the statue in the pocket player not Jones IMO.   Mills is somewhere between Jones and Trask on that front IMO.  Mills runs a little more it seems than Jones but Jones strikes me the better athlete and the RAS scores back that up.

I've heard multiple times that Mac has big time intangibles.  Among them was Nagy saying during the senior bowl, one dude he'd see up at midnight studying the next day's game plan.  He among others have saying he loves football and works constantly at it. 

Completely disagree.

40 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, especially the last one, and that's fine ...BUT I see three guys most people are Big Wrong about and they are:

Mac Jones- fat, unathletic, off schedule zero

Etienne- nothing special

Penei Sewell- tiny alligator arms.  Scherff 2.0?

Completely disagree.

Now this is the type of in-depth analysis I log on for. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

We don't need a great LB behind our DL.  It's not as if we have a mediocre or even good DL; we have a great one that can be utterly dominant if the hole in the middle behind them is plugged.  The DL is who're going to make plays so long as their back is covered (literally).  I'm not saying no Parsons, i'm saying don't trade valuable picks to get him.  We have other needs.  Do we need to use a 2nd on TE given that our TE1's last name is now Thomas, not Paulsen, and we have, or will have, bigger needs at OT, OG, WR, RB, LB, and FS?

• Like 1

Whats the deal with Zaven's weight gain? Has he addressed it? Was it just a bad week or is it a choice to play the RushOlB role? 

If it's part of the plan I don't think we go that route and Jamin becomes the favorite if JOK is already gone, assuming Darrisaw isn't there.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

As we start the 7 day countdown to the draft let us not forget what we were last year as we relentlessly pursue what we want to become in the future.

The defining sequence of 2020...

Don’t be shocked if at 19 Rivera adds a piece to make the heart and soul of the team, our defense, stronger then spends the rest of the draft improving our bottom 5 offense.

• Like 1

Like I said before, I really don't think Darrisaw makes it to 19. If we don't trade up for a QB but really want one of the top 3 tackles in the class, I guess we will have to trade up as well. Even if Chargers trade up and get Sewell/Slater I am pretty sure someone else will go and get Darrisaw before 19.

12 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Like I said before, I really don't think Darrisaw makes it to 19. If we don't trade up for a QB but really want one of the top 3 tackles in the class, I guess we will have to trade up as well. Even if Chargers trade up and get Sewell/Slater I am pretty sure someone else will go and get Darrisaw before 19.

He won't, he seems like the only tackle in the class that doesn't have T-Rex arms. 

Safety is another spot I've watched some players but won't have time to watch every prospect so I am throwing Brugler's grade on them versus my own, added PFF and other stats.  Brugler is one of the rare mock drafters who doesn't have Moehrig #1.  I personally would have Moherig #1 but I do love both Grant and Cisco, too.  The SS-FS label I took from the RAS scores.  Personally I see Cisco as a FS. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.49.31 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Grant, Washington and Cisco are all pretty good, but I still think Moehrig is the clear number 1 overall at FS. 

I believe we will have an honest to God starting caliber FS before the end of day two and I am over the moon excited about it.

Also, not that FA should play any role in the draft, but as a team who is bent on winning now I do think it bares paying attention to position value. For example, can't get a FS, Boston can start. Cant get a PRer? Kerrigan is still around. Don't draft an OT in round 1 or 2? There's Alexander Villanova or whatever from the Steelers. KJ Wright I think is still out there. I wonder if the Jets would go Mosley for Scherff straight up.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Safety is another spot I've watched some players but won't have time to watch every prospect so I am throwing Brugler's grade on them versus my own, added PFF and other stats.  Brugler is one of the rare mock drafters who doesn't have Moehrig #1.  I personally would have Moherig #1 but I do love both Grant and Cisco, too.  The SS-FS label I took from the RAS scores.  Personally I see Cisco as a FS. 

Thrilled that there are numerous safeties in the 2nd-5th round that fit well into WFT's need. I don't even have a favorite as I like a number of them and that's not normal lol.

Edited by DWinzit

26 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Thrilled that there are numerous safeties in the 2nd-5th round that fit well into WFT's need. I don't even have a favorite as I like a number of them and is not normal lol.

Absolutely. A lot of interesting prospects but the vast majority appear to be box types though so we cannot wait too long to pull the trigger if we want one. Jevon Holland might the last chance to snag someone capable of being a true FS or Molden. An underrated prospect in the mid rounds that might be able to is IMO Damar Hamlin. Forgot about Sterns and Jamar Johnson they're in the mix too.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1