Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Last night I took Dancer out and some guy across the way was sitting on his balcony and coughing relentlessly. Thank goodness it was very windy and not blowing from his direction to mine. 

Of course it's allergy season here and I'm feeling it like I never did in Alexandria. Sneezing and runny nose several times a day right after I take Dancer out. It's the first that I wished she was a cat and not a dog! 🐕

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Murdoch Mysteries and Midsommer Murders (also on Acorn) are good too., though Midsommer is a bit slower-paced.  Shetlands on Britbox is a great one as well.  My parents also like Vera (Britbox as well), though I've never seen it.  And they've been watching a ton of City Homicide lately on Amazon Prime.

Tonight I've been going through a youtube/twitch series where some people are playing a spooky role-playing game as kids in a creepy orphanage set in a small seaside town.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NqLNAMHlF8

Good suggestions.  I watched the pilot of Murdoch Mysteries a couple of days ago and enjoyed the writing and setting, but the acting wasn't quite as polished and professional as some of the stuff that was made in Britain/Australia/New Zealand.  I thought Shetlands was great when I saw a couple of episodes of it back when it was on Netflix.  I've looked for it a couple times and didn't know where it went.

I don't mind a slower pace at all.  I love a fussy and genteel Poirot type main character who has some kind of interest or quirk that makes him stand apart.  One of my all-time favorite detective procedurals was this English Midlands show form the 90's called Pie in the Sky, where the main character is a gourmet chef who has to keep a day job as a detective in order to fund his passion for cooking.  It's not a murder mystery show, but they do investigate several murders.  Richard Griffiths is the star and he's great in it.

1 hour ago, gbear said:

I took out/downloaded the Swiss family Robinson audio book from our library for my teens to listen. I am hoping they like it enough to buy me a few hours free of complaints. 

I loved that story so much when I was growing up.  The classic movie adaptation for it is on Disney+.  Amazon also has a lot of free audiobooks of literary classics like that and they get the best readers for them.

Don't know where it is now but Inspector Morse is very good if you like BBC criminal shows.  Leads to two other decent shows too. 

I've got a new electronic dart board, plenty of TV and tp, a big bag of beans and big bag of rice and a whole big pack of pork chops.  Plenty of stuff on steam to get to as well.  

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Fios has free HBO & Cinemax this weekend so we'll take advantage of that. Currently watching Idiocracy. I've never seen the uncut version. Awesome.

Who knew it was a documentary.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got many years worth of stuff to do:

- Shelves of books to read. Is now a bad time for Mary Shelley's The Last Man?

- Finish watching a few Great Courses lecture series (Hinduism, High and Late Middle Ages).

- Organize comics and manga.

- Organize (and play with) legos.

- Finish up X-Files season 4 and start 5.

- Elder Scrolls Online and maybe try Warframe.

- Finish a 24"x48" canvas painting to hang above my couch.

- putting together and painting way too many Warhammer models (this is the "years" portion).

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 3

Maaaaaaaan....   its dumping snow where I live.  

Like a foot of snow, Saturday morning, and the ski mountain will be almost empty. That's like ****ing Christmas!!!!

But have little motivation right now. The mountain is kinda awkward.... trams are closed and the gondola/lifts are limited to 1-2 people. Hard to believe they're open at all. We all thought they'd certainly shut down. Probably will soon. 

Damn, went to BJs this morning to stock up a bit, someone needs to tell people this really isn't the apocalypse......

On the bright side I have a ton of projects to do at home and I have everything for them, I might actually make some progress on the house this week.

• Like 1

Well so we had a radical change of plans. Wife’s stepdad cannot telework so her mom and grandma are coming to the DMV. Grandma is old but healthy, but we don’t want to risk it since her stepdad comes into contact with people a lot. We have a loft with multiple floors but decided to go spend the next month at my parents... Their entire basement is essentially an empty guest room so packing our essentials and giving our loft to mother in law and grandma. We’ve been thinking about moving them up here to be closer to us for a while so this just gives us a chance to maybe speed up that process. 

• Like 5