Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Waking up at 5:45 on Sunday morning so I can be the first guy in Publix at 7:00AM is certainly a new one for me.

We did an online shopping curbside pickup order at our local Harris Teeter. Called to confirm they had a truck coming overnight so we hoped stuff would be relatively well stocked. We were one of the first orders they filled this morning and we only got about half of what we ordered. 

adding: they were completely out of meat, deli meats, fruits, vegetables, and yogurt. ****ing fantastic. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ran 3 miles, biked 10, ...  Came back to the apartment and rowed 5,000 meters.  

Probably not going to leave for the rest of the day.  

What a coincidence, your day sounds exactly like mine. Except for the exercise part.

• Haha 4

Just now, stoshuaj said:

Any other landlords/property managers here?

If so, thoughts about rent collection or information regarding mortgage relief?

spoke with one. 

the concern is their people aren’t going to pay their rents, and the company won’t have money to pay their own employees

and courts are shutting down especially for lower level stuff. So getting an eviction through will be impossible

i think the general answer to your question is that everyone that collects money for a living is going to expect you to pay, because that’s how they get paid and they got people to pay too. 

What happens when people can’t pay and can’t be forced for leave and people start getting mad about the situation?

not sure. Wish we had a president that could come up with a plan to attack such fundamental societal breakdowns. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Got up early this morning, went to the gym at the complex here.  No one was there.  Ran 3 miles, biked 10, used wipes to wipe everything down.  Came back to the apartment and rowed 5,000 meters.  

Probably not going to leave for the rest of the day.  

Sundance channel is doing a Stallone Marathon today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

My apartment complex cancelled all scheduled events. No word on cancelling rents. I get direct deposit Social Security so I can pay my rent. 

My daughter's store changed their hours to allow employees to restock and clean the stores. My daughter told me yesterday that their shelves were bare and they had more stock in the back but couldn't get it out to fully restock. People were buying anything on the shelves. Everyone was exhausted. With reduced store hours, they can do a better job of restocking. 

She said that she's having a hard time sleeping, plus she's right there restocking with her employees. They are shortstaffed too. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cool doc page of all the metal bands that have cancelled tours w/link to buy some swag and help em out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lVjdd-66y2D_DrsRuXUwNUz8KB_mx7R-cmMh1WwBQrI/htmlview

Tool hasn’t canceled yet but it feels inevitable. I’m waiting for them to issue my refund so I can go buy 1500 rolls of toilet paper. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

When I was a teenager, me and a few friends would do "rent collection and evictions" for side money.  Maybe I'll see about starting that back up.

2 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

I have one rental, tenants paid March but before most of the **** hit the fan. I'm quite worried about what might happen if they stop paying since that means I'm paying on two mortgages with my primary ando I've basically lost my stream of income with live events being canceled. Thinking about preemptively lowering the rent for a period of time or at least working with them if they cant pay to see whats possible to keep them in place and not have them walk away altogether. Eviction would take forever anyway. 

My primary mortgage company's disaster relief line basically said I can call them and if I so choose for 90 days they wouldn't submit a hit to my credit score but you're still responsible for the mortgage. Unless the president or congress issues other guidelines they can't do anything else. Call your mortgage company's disaster relief line and see what might be possible as I'm sure it might vary from bank to bank.

Edited by Isifhan
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

When I was a teenager, me and a few friends would do "rent collection and evictions" for side money.  Maybe I'll see about starting that back up.

One of my very best friends for the last 20 years is a self employed locksmith...he has contracts with apartment complexes. He's usually not conflicted, but we spoke earlier & he hadn't thought about what to do now. I suggested that he call those complexes & see what their plans are, and decide how to proceed. He has a heart, doesn't wanna be part of locking people out of their homes when everything is so ****ed up. 

3 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Just thought of this when walking the hounds this morning. For the literary types in your family, a great read is The Plague by Albert Camus.  It chronicles the outbreak of bubonic plague in the town of Oran in Algeria.

I bought that book as part of the short lived ES book club at IHeartskins' recommendation.  Hope he's doing well these days. My God, if there is a more depressing book written I haven't read it.

• Thanks 1