Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Tiger King is so absurd. I can't believe people actually live like this in this country. Its crazy.

what specifically about it was absurd to you? I’m split between the not technically gay dudes and the lady who came back to work after getting her arm ripped off as the top two. 

I understand wanting to kill your competition more than those two things...

My quarantine has reached the point of over thinking bad movies.  Specifically disaster movies (for now).  Watched 2012 last night.  Terrible plot but some excellent visuals. 

Thoughts:  they could have saved millions more people with blimps.  If blimps weren’t cool enough, balloon some boats up into the air and drop them after the waters calm a bit.  

Tonight’s movie: The Core.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

what specifically about it was absurd to you? I’m split between the not technically gay dudes and the lady who came back to work after getting her arm ripped off as the top two. 

I understand wanting to kill your competition more than those two things...

The gay but not gay dudes is easily explained by a drug addiction and no other prospects in life.

The chick who got her arm ripped off.. who knows.

I decided that i want to learn drums so I bought a Roland electronic drum kit (I live in a townhouse so I'd probably be drawn and quartered by my neighbors if it was an acoustic setup). Figured it would be fun to learn a new instrument in all my time at home now. Any drummers in here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

My quarantine has reached the point of over thinking bad movies.  Specifically disaster movies (for now).  Watched 2012 last night.  Terrible plot but some excellent visuals. 

Thoughts:  they could have saved millions more people with blimps.  If blimps weren’t cool enough, balloon some boats up into the air and drop them after the waters calm a bit.  

Tonight’s movie: The Core.

Surely there has to be a better terrible movie for you to watch, but if you feel that you have sinned in the eyes of the Lord or some ****, I guess that's better than over the back punishment lashes

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Surely there has to be a better terrible movie for you to watch, but if you feel that you have sinned in the eyes of the Lord or some ****, I guess that's better than over the back punishment lashes

Haha it’s done.  Magic train full of nukes goes to the center of earth.  What a wonderfully stupid movie.  

Shuttle landing in the LA “river” is a hell of a start.  All downhill from there.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Haha it’s done.  Magic train full of nukes goes to the center of earth.  What a wonderfully stupid movie.  

Shuttle landing in the LA “river” is a hell of a start.  All downhill from there.

That's one of those movies that's in dire need of a live-watch with someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson, just for the lols

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mistertim said:

I decided that i want to learn drums so I bought a Roland electronic drum kit (I live in a townhouse so I'd probably be drawn and quartered by my neighbors if it was an acoustic setup). Figured it would be fun to learn a new instrument in all my time at home now. Any drummers in here?

I have an electric set up. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube to learn from but remember, the people that put up youtube videos are really awesome drummers, so don't compare yourself to them. They make it look easy and it's not. Also, if you learn to play a specific song, you don't need to play it exactly like the original. Make it your own. I'm not saying change the beginning of Smells Like Teen Spirit, but don't fret over every part. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My brother was a percussionist from middle school on. He had a Washington Post paper route in the morning, and then would come home, put on Innagadadavida and play that on his drum set. My God, I hated that so much, I was in college and working and am a night person anyway and first thing in the morning...!

He was really good on most instruments, keyboards, marimba, played base drum in the band. His HS band played at the Kennedy Center and won the International High School Band competition in Vienna Austria 1972. Very talented group.

Today was Sibling Day I miss him. He grew into a very kind person.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's one of those movies that's in dire need of a live-watch with someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson, just for the lols

Crush a bottle first though,  I’d want NDT throwing **** and screaming “it’s all bull****!  This is a disgrace to science!”  

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now you've gone and inspired me. Need to go  watch Volcano later today. 

Can't go wrong with any movie featuring Tommy Lee Jones barking angrily about things.  That's also one of those movies (and there are so so many) where Hollywood displays a total ignorance to how heat works.  Their understanding appears to work like this:

1- If the incredibly hot things do not touch you, you're perfectly safe.  Even if you're in the same confined space with the incredibly hot things.

2- If the incredibly hot things do touch you, it's ok as long as it doesn't touch you for very long.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Can't go wrong with any movie featuring Tommy Lee Jones barking angrily about things.  That's also one of those movies (and there are so so many) where Hollywood displays a total ignorance to how heat works.  Their understanding appears to work like this:

1- If the incredibly hot things do not touch you, you're perfectly safe.  Even if you're in the same confined space with the incredibly hot things.

2- If the incredibly hot things do touch you, it's ok as long as it doesn't touch you for very long.

My favorite is Dante's Peak where they drive the truck through molten lava.  😀

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Next weekend there is supposed to be almost no moon.  I’m hoping to get some good pictures.

Your posts motivated me to get out my D3100 and the books.  Props for that.  A buddy of mine has some acreage in West Central NM at 7K feet and 100 miles from anywhere.  Normally the stars there are so close you feel like you can touch them.  Can only imagine what it is like now.  I wanna go.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

Good choice.  Electronic drums will help you become more accurate, and you can jam with the headphones in.  I am going that route soon.  There are very quiet drum heads on my acoustic set, made of trampoline material. Cymbal mutes on my cymbals.  Not satisfying enough, and the bass drum still rumbles too much.  Electronic drums inbound.

• Like 3

I had to check a calendar today to see what day it was!

I knew it was either Thursday, Friday or Saturday, but I couldn't be any more specific than that. Without normal life delineating the week into well defined chunks, time has kind of spread out a bit. I think I like it.

• Haha 1