Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

29 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

So in other news. Tell me that is not one sexy sandwich. 

In order to quantitatively evaluate whether or not that is, in fact, the image of a sexy sandwich I needed a basis for comparison.  I therefore searched the internet for images related to the term "sexy sandwich".

...the results ran rather far afield from the strictly culinary...though I daresay there was eating going on in at least a few of them.

In any case, I shall refine my methodology, enable content filters which seem to have lapsed and get back to you with an evaluation after I...uh...take care of a few things.😬

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Haha did I say that? Nahhhh. I'll probably never get married.

I also probably won't make that trip, but if you saw her pics you'd know what I mean haha. We have been talking on Facebook, she is cool too. It would give me a reason to visit a part of the world I have never been as well. Adventure! I love adventures lol.

Let’s go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Why is seemingly every Youtube ad weird as hell, or a scam?  Eat garbage & don't do cardio to get in shape, toxic poop supplements, regrow teeth with magic snake oil...ect.

*totally in to video I'm watching*

"Did you know that the average person has 20 to 30 lbs of TOXIC POOP..."

I don't usually see the ads due to my YouTube ad blocker, but recently while on vacation using a device without the adblocker, I noticed some weird ads too.  One was for some mail order bride kind of thing for Slavic women and how they were perfect,  will fulfill all your desires, and not be money grubbing whores.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Llevron and my wife trying to talk me out of letting some certifications expire.  It jus feels dumb maintaining redundant certs, I was going to go as far as taking them off my LinkedIn and resume.  But only one person agrees with me, so that's probably a sign...

Out of curiosity what are the certs? And what makes them redundant?

Unfortunately right now, hiring managers want certs (in many cases more so than degrees). I have my MBA with a concentration in HR, plus 10+ years in the field, and guess who is doing a lame boot camp for a certification right now?

3 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Out of curiosity what are the certs? And what makes them redundant?

Unfortunately right now, hiring managers want certs (in many cases more so than degrees). I have my MBA with a concentration in HR, plus 10+ years in the field, and guess who is doing a lame boot camp for a certification right now?

I was going to let A+, Network+, and Security+ expire because i now have the CISSP.

I've grown tired of cert chasing, I have a couple lifetime certs (Linux+ and database MTA) and was going to let CEH expire while studying for OSCP.

But you right, they are resume filters still and the game isn't over yet.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was going to let A+, Network+, and Security+ expire because i now have the CISSP.

I've grown tired of cert chasing, I have a couple lifetime certs (Linux+ and database MTA) and was going to let CEH expire while studying for OSCP.

But you right, they are resume filters still and the game isn't over yet.

You gave me a mild panic attack….apparently I got my security+ before they switched from lifetime cert to 3 year only. Totally get it, those CEUs are annoying. However (and I can say this since I’m in the field) most recruiters are idiots and would not know your higher certs would supersede the others. Just do it. 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This pandemic has led to a lot of no time being taking off. 

I don’t *actually* know you so maybe you’re fine but generally speaking this isn’t good for people

take some time off even if you don’t go anywhere.

(I realize for some people it doesn’t matter. Does for most though)

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Llevron and my wife trying to talk me out of letting some certifications expire.  It jus feels dumb maintaining redundant certs, I was going to go as far as taking them off my LinkedIn and resume.  But only one person agrees with me, so that's probably a sign...

if I’m not that one person then two people agree with you

caveat would be if employer is paying for it and allocates time for training (so you don’t use pto) then def do it. It’s compensation. It’s like not having a 401k when they do matching  (but not as bad)

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Didn’t know where else this fit.

We have rules

i don’t know what they are

but I’ll go find out

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wtf with the extra emojis now????

Super duper thumbs up?

The real thumbs creep me out 

Edited by tshile