Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Am I going to hell for putting Visual Studio Code on my Kali laptop?

No **** those people

its best to make fun of them

i love throwing grenades in the chat rooms and just leaving 

.local

tabs vs spaces

visual studio

or just suggest someone’s problem is dns

people get real mad. It’s best to understand how to poke them and have a good time about it

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Am I going to hell for putting Visual Studio Code on my Kali laptop?

No shame in code.  Had code on my Manjaro for years.  I even have it setup to emulate emacs.

...its those atom elitists that invariably preach the beauty of Julia that get under my damn skin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

No shame in code.  Had code on my Manjaro for years.  I even have it setup to emulate emacs.

...its those atom elitists that invariably preach the beauty of Julia that get under my damn skin.

I don't believe I wasted time looking at IDEs, it was fun.  It just got to the point that after spending the last 10 years fighting the good fight with using Linux desktop distros that I deserved something that just worked and worked well. 

It was between this and atom, pycharm might of locked me into needing a new IDE if I went outside python, and I'm too much of programming novice to be learning multiple IDEs unless I have to.  When I saw atom was tied to github, I was like cool, until I remembered microsoft owns github, blah.

Microsoft deserves some credit getting in bed with linux instead of waiting for it to become a threat, savage as they are.

52 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

There's a special circle in hell for people like you.  Here's what you should be using: Visual Studio Code

I expected you to call me out : )  What are you running IDE wise then?

Microsoft deserves some credit getting in bed with linux instead of waiting for it to become a threat, savage as they are.

Microsoft fought Linux tooth-and-nail until it was clear they had been completely and utterly dominated in the server market.  I will not trust the wolf in sheep's clothing.  Embrace, Extend, Extinguish.

I expected you to call me out : )  What are you running IDE wise then?

Please, I haven't used anything calling itself an IDE in years.  I consider the Linux terminal itself to be my IDE, with vim being my editor of choice.  I've fine-tuned my vim experience over the years.  I've got a 200+ line .vimrc with a bunch of custom bindings, settings, and configuring plugins to improve navigation of code, perform linting, code-completion, debugging with gdb, etc..

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Do I, though?...

🤮

When they pour that stuff on at the end it looks like somebody puked on in.  Not very appetizing.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Played basketball with the kid of my longtime friend today, then we played NBA 2k21.  First time I've played it.  It's gooood, IMO.  The kid is awesome.

So, I have a feeling my friend, the momma, is crushing on me.  I was at her house.  She was looking good, but not my type as far as natural attraction.

Her personality is pushing a 10.  Her ex lives nearby and gets the minority of the custody.  All signs point to dude being an insecure a-hole.

My lady friend is in vet school, she will most likely be a veterinarian in the next 3 years.  My kinda gal.

She just invited me to go to the pool with her and her son...but I don't want to make her think I'm jumping in to the deep end (no multiple puns intended) so quickly.

God dammit.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

She just invited me to go to the pool with her and her son...but I don't want to make her think I'm jumping in to the deep end (no multiple puns intended) so quickly.

God dammit.

GO. 

You may only get this one last chance to be happy. 

• Confused 1