Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I care about people. 

But watching upper New Yorkers prepare for a hurricane is almost funny.

I guess we're used to it down here in the South, every year is a stretch of making it through the next.  We have to keep repairing stuff.  It's an absolutely never-ending cycle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well... some of them do.

Sure, and some people in the plains states know what to do in a hurricane.

My point was "Lmao, [insert regional group] doesn't know what to do in [weather emergency not common in their region]" is silly in any direction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Sure, and some people in the plains states know what to do in a hurricane.

My point was "Lmao, [insert regional group] doesn't know what to do in [weather emergency not common in their region]" is silly in any direction.

I just wanted to make fun of people.  Like Anti-vaxxers.  Defiantly rejecting adaptation to their environment.

Edited by PokerPacker

Loved Shannon Hoon. Still do. I would kill to hear what he would be making today along with Layne Staley and Dimebag. But, out of the three, I believe Layne would be making the most interesting music. 

anyways, I’m trying to decide if I’m going to hit up the megadeth/LOG concert Sunday in Houston. Only thing keeping me back is COVID. my wife’s not comfortable either. I haven’t been to a show since before COVID.

the last two concerts I saw were Opeth and Devin Townsend. Not bad to have these as your last for awhile. 

I have tickets to see Primus’s Farewell to Kings tour as well. But, if my wife and I decide not to go see her favorites in megadeth and log, then there is no way I’ll see primus’s tribute to Rush. 

boooooo

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Our AC broke yesterday, guy couldn't come out until today, 3-6 pm.  We ended up staying in a hotel last night, then hit up Lowes after we checked out and bought a small AC unit that can cool off my mancave in case the guy can't fix it today.  I will say that it works pretty well all things considered.  

We came home and it was nasty humid.  We also bought a dehumidifier and it registered 78% humidity in the house.  

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Robert Hunter wrote a lot of the Grateful Dead songs.  Shannon Hoon was the frontman to Blind Melon.

Thanks.  Funny story, the guitarist for Blind Melon became a DC biglaw attorney so we kind of run in the same circles. Super nice, extremely smart, acknowledges his former career if asked but doesn’t bring it up. 

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/after_a_career_change_blind_melon_guitarist_is_a_biglaw_lawyer

Edit, with the context, this is a great story, so thank you @clietas  Strange that Robert Hunter signs his correspondence with just his last name. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3