Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If I were President, Mel Brooks would be on my first list of recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  

President Skroob would nominate himself 

57u98971lq371.jpg.eb4f126d43e537f81f73b92e66d5bc29.jpg

Run it.  I got my modified '02 CVPI up to 125 MPH on I-95 years ago when I was young and really dumb.  Think I was 19.  

FB_IMG_1624382930098.jpg.ae80563f70f230c56d0c829f1ae40c67.jpg

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If I were President, Mel Brooks would be on my first list of recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  

Others include Tony Hawk, Jose Andres and Dave Grohl. 

I'll probably get killed for this, but Guy Fieri too. Dude had done more for small restaurants than anyone. Plus like Jose Andres, he's always providing food for relief efforts. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Went their with wifey for 4th of July two years ago, nope nope and nope.  Good cheesesteaks, though.

The food was alright I'll give em that. Probably better then D.C. overall. But that's about it. D.C. blows Philly out of the water and I don't even think D.C. is that great compared to NYC or LA etc.

Philly is third-tier big city at best.

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I have fun everytime i go to Philly. The food in DC is far far better.  DC has sneakily become one of the top food cities in the US, especially at the high end. 

All I think about when I hear about Philly is Bill Burr's nuclear roast.

As far as DC stuff that is sneaky...Go-Go has a claim as being the most fun genre of music to play on instruments.  It's a free-for-all smile-fest.

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I watched ST level the Bengals RB and Raiders WR.

I remember a bunch of Eagles fans talking crap to me about them beating us in 1990.  That's when I just started to repeat "Super Bowl".  Almost got my young ass jumped.  Hindsight...it was glorious.

Watched a Skins/Eagles game a long time ago at Arlington Cinema Draft House...I don't know if they show the games there anymore, but it was great.  Watching a football game on a movie screen.  It could get pretty rowdy, but all in good fun.

This had to be 2005, 2006, somewhere in there.  Philly was giving it to us good, their fans were obnoxious.

Lo and behold, some Skins fan had printed up pictures of Lombardi trophies on computer paper and had a whole stack of them, just started throwing them everywhere.  Their fans got sooooo pissed, it was fantastic.  They almost forgot about the game they were watching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Watched a Skins/Eagles game a long time ago at Arlington Cinema Draft House...I don't know if they show the games there anymore, but it was great.  Watching a football game on a movie screen.  It could get pretty rowdy, but all in good fun.

This had to be 2005, 2006, somewhere in there.  Philly was giving it to us good, their fans were obnoxious.

Lo and behold, some Skins fan had printed up pictures of Lombardi trophies on computer paper and had a whole stack of them, just started throwing them everywhere.  Their fans got sooooo pissed, it was fantastic.  They almost forgot about the game they were watching.

Where I went to the beach thru my childhood and in to my 20s...was where all the Philly peeps went to the beach.  That's where the incident I mentioned happened.  We'd fly a giant R-Skins flag outside during our vacay...and man, we'd hear it almost every day.  Honking horns, F-Us, F the R-Skins...someone even tore it down once.  Ripped that sucker.

Oddly, one of the funniest times was when we picked up Donovan McNabb.  Friends/family got the jersey ASAP and sported it at the beach.  I didn't have the guts to do it myself.  Hilarious to see tho.

• Like 1

I just saw what happened a few days ago in the Tour de France.  Apparently the lady that caused the accident has caught a plane and fled the country, and the organizers are trying to track her down to sue her.