Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 7/6/2021 at 12:05 AM, Fan since a Fetus said:

I have to vent for a second. I moved from Hunstville, AL to Houston TX two years ago. I had a friend in Huntsville, well, I thought he was a life friend. I didn't like his wife and she didn't like me. That's ok I was always there for them through their many many life health issues. They are very big people. I was there every moment that they needed someone, including when they had a child. I never felt this was reciprocated. this goes for him or her. Their child was fantastic and I grew a relationship with her.

So, the last year I live in AL, I stop drinking with him every week because of my health. I had to. There was no choice unless I didn't  want to move forward. I was on a very destructive path. I love my wife and I had to clean up The absence of drinking was a 100% for my wife. I would do it again and again because she is my life!!! I couldn't ask for anyone better. I love her so much and she deserves better!!!!

When I initially moved, he talked at times through texts, but not enough for my liking.  I have texted him many times lately to which he hasn't answered. We were great friends, but now I think it was only because we drank together.

My guess is, He has no interest in me because I don't drink regularly with him. I guess I am just disappointed. I have never gotten along with males very well and I thought he was that one guy. Many people have enlightened me to his or his wife's comments about various things.

I guess I am still looking for that person that is available.

You are not alone.

American Men Suffer a Friendship Recession

After a prolonged period of social isolation, Americans are dusting off their social calendars. But as Americans try to rebuild and reconnect, a new survey conducted by the Survey Center on American Life finds that the social landscape is far less favorable than it once was. Over the past three decades, the number of close friends Americans have has plummeted.

This friendship recession is particularly bad for men. The percentage of men with at least six close friends fell by half since 1990, from 55 percent to 27 percent. The study also found the percentage of men without any close friends jumped from 3 percent to 15 percent, a fivefold increase.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Having to be a real grownup. And realizing how much I didn't get done in the last year.   I can't just "rock out " for a day. 

We all get that at times but never really see everything we did get done

• Thanks 1