Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

i'd like to see large scale long-term imprisonment* for a yuge number of trump admin, hopefully filling all those "conservative"-owned private-run prisons 

*among other things 

:evil:

it won't happen, it's just a wish

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Do you think that it works as well as, say, even a flu shot (which is like 60% effective or so- but it does reduce symptoms)? 

I feel that it is already  being used left and right. 

what I'm hearing is it mainly helps mid and milder cases to recover faster and not worsen.

which can reduce pressure on the health system and improve results overall.

the advanced cases are less clear and use limited by prevalence of heart conditions in that subset

it is more like tamiflu than a vacinne

I wonder what the percentage is of patients with cardiac arrest that can't be resuscitated at the scene, that are subsequently resuscitated at the hospital?

EMTs have stopped taking people in cardiac arrest to coronavirus-strained hospitals

Cardiac arrest victims whose hearts cannot be restarted at the scene are now being left there — rather than being brought to coronavirus-strained hospitals for further revival attempts, according to a new guidance for medical responders.

The Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of New York, which oversees the city’s ambulance service, issued the guidance on Tuesday in a letter obtained by The Post.

Previously, people whose hearts could not be restarted on the scene would be brought to the hospital.

But the new guidance is a grim calculus that’s meant to save lives, one veteran EMS worker told The Post.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, China said:

I wonder what the percentage is of patients with cardiac arrest that can't be resuscitated at the scene, that are subsequently resuscitated at the hospital?

roughly 11% survival rate for those resuscitated outside the hospital, I'm sure the rate for those they cannot resuscitate outside is much less.

of course what facility and how long to transport matter a great deal in those numbers

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK321505/

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, twa said:

what I'm hearing is it mainly helps mid and milder cases to recover faster and not worsen.

which can reduce pressure on the health system and improve results overall.

the advanced cases are less clear and use limited by prevalence of heart conditions in that subset

it is more like tamiflu than a vacinne

Well, even in Rault's second study, one patient above 80 died.  Now, there were only 5 patients above 80, but the death rate would be 20%.....

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'd like to see large scale long-term imprisonment* for a yuge number of trump admin, hopefully filling all those "conservative"-owned private-run prisons 

*among other things 

:evil:

it won't happen, it's just a wish

There needs to be a 9/11 Commission level investigation and report on at least the first year of the response to this.  All the way from when we first knew to including what certain folks did when certain folks found certain things out. 

Think I just saw someone on Fox saw South Korea and US had first confirmed case on the same exact day, closest I'm seeing is within 24-48 hours of each other. How can an ally we have troops stationed in have such a vastly different approach than we do if we should be able the trust the information we get from each other? 

The idea that we shouldn't of trust China is valid, why didn't we listen to South Korea?  We got DHS out if 9/11, but I want this treated more like how I wish we treated Flint Water Crisis, haven't gone nearly far enough yet in that one, but this absolutely feels like criminal negligence at best with door open to prove malicious intent in court.

• Like 8

Re N95 mask at home depot.

Now that's what has me at pause about the mask for regular people.  If healthcare workers, first responders, law enforcement, and other front line essential workers are dealing with shortage of masks, shouldn't they be allocated those resources first?

In a perfect world where mask supply is limitless, yes, everyone should wear masks.  But when even surgical masks are in short supply, sounds to me that every mask should go to the people who don't have the option of protecting themselves through distancing and minimizing contact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Well, even in Rault's second study, one patient above 80 died.  Now, there were only 5 patients above 80, but the death rate would be 20%.....

I'm not depending on Rault's study, nor do we have time for in depth studies.

you evaluate on the fly and adjust as needed.

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Now that's what has me at pause about the mask for regular people.  If healthcare workers, first responders, law enforcement, and other front line essential workers are dealing with shortage of masks, shouldn't they be allocated those resources first?

In a perfect world where mask supply is limitless, yes, everyone should wear masks.  But when even surgical masks are in short supply, sounds to me that every mask should go to the people who don't have the option of protecting themselves through distancing and minimizing contact.

Agreed, why I'm frustrated by CDC going back and forth on whether we should all get masks.  No, what they are saying if I'm reading this correctly is that the amount of exposure to the virus when it's airborne can affect how sick you get. 

That sounds like early data ill give them benefit of the doubt on trying to get clarity on, but take all the masks that should go to first-responders off the shelves now before folks start hoarding them, then tell the rest of us to cover our faces with what we got if we have to go out, like a scarf or something.  

At this point is like to hear why we can't prioritize reusable masks for the general public at least, how can we possibly keep up with the demand for disposable masks for 330 million people if we are talking about months here and already behind?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

One good thing that may come of this, I'm gonna guess that millions of Americans are going to learn what cobra is for the first time in their lives and how ridiculously expensive it is.

Then maybe, just maybe they'll see how badly they've been getting screwed for years by having their health care tied to their employment. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump wouldn’t do that. He would the ventilator ripped from a 6 year old child; so he could live.

RIP Suzanne.

It's seems that he might be behind the masks hijacking on tarmac in China. :unsure:

Its sad we're all depending on China. Our only factory has filed for bankrupcy and we didn't do anything about it.

Edited by FrFan

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

One good thing that may come of this, I'm gonna guess that millions of Americans are going to learn what cobra is for the first time in their lives and how ridiculously expensive it is.

Then maybe, just maybe they'll see how badly they've been getting screwed for years by having their health care tied to their employment. 

All the sudden it's becoming more and more apparent why Bernie hasn't dropped out yet.  It doesn't matter if I think he's right or wrong, just an observation..

On the local front,I've talked to several customers who are converting areas in their houses for making masks. I know my wife has and is making some. Some reusable ones for us when we go out,(me for work and for rare trip to store),are part of the project. 

I've met several people in the store who have relatives working in local hospitals.  One young fellow's wife is a nurse at one,(float nurse pool). She was called in to start working the positive tent that is outside. That's an uh oh moment when you consider the low count for positives here,(testing lag for sure).  In another hospital,it's pretty much  verified that things are filling up fast and nurses are getting very concerned. I would imagine things are far worse,(Captain Obvious moment),in the Southern part of the state in and around Vegas. 

1 hour ago, PCS said:

**** this guy.  He cannot die soon enough.  I am so ****ing fed up with him, I can't stand it.  My wife is trying to keep her ICU nurses protected and has to bargain with the hospital's supply people for PPE.  They use up stuff every time they go into a room, so they are burning through supplies. And it's going to get worse.  She comes home distraught and worried. And then I have to read this bull**** from this ignorant ****ing ****. This ****ing asshole spouting off nonsense like this. 

Die mother****er.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

It's 1 (one too many) out of 1003, he said he was 83 years old they unfortunately couldn't save him.

https://twitter.com/raoult_didier/status/1244237477826703360/photo/1

Expect the european Discovery clinical trial to dismiss his tests since they will not use his method, recommendations, and dosage.

Government decided to allow to use it only in hospitals to try to help the most severe cases, while Raoult kept on saying it doesn't work at the most advance stages of the infection. Go figure !

Hydroxychloroquine, a less toxic derivative of chloroquine, is effective in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro

Problem here is that the study is "In Vitro" not "In Vivo".

I'm wondering why the chinese didn't do state of the art randomized blind tests studies ? (only one irrelevant concerning 2 groups of 15)

I'm waiting for the results of CHU Angers actually performing randomized double blind tests. Nor the patients nor the doctors will know what medicine will be given to them, hydroxychloroquine or placebo.

Edited by FrFan

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

I work in construction and there are certain activities where N95 masks are required so things like silica particles don't get into your lungs. However, I've talked with a couple of the largest commercial suppliers of these masks along the East Coast and they've already allocated the majority of their stock to hospitals and one of them donated some to the Manassas area hospitals.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Imagine the difference Stacey Abrams would have made, but you gotta suppress them votes i guess

A few years ago some friends of mine were moving to Georgia and wanted me to go with them (they only stayed for about 1.5 months). I told them I would never move further south or to a red state. To all of the Georgians who picked Kemp, I don't feel sorry for you and you deserve this. Some might say that is harsh, but this happens every election, people need to learn the hard way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

A few years ago some friends of mine were moving to Georgia and wanted me to go with them (they only stayed for about 1.5 months). I told them I would never move further south or to a red state. To all of the Georgians who picked Kemp, I don't feel sorry for you and you deserve this. Some might say that is harsh, but this happens every election, people need to learn the hard way.

I would've been tempted to vote for Mr. Kemp after seeing this ad.

• Haha 2