Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

57 minutes ago, Bang said:

Could the relief of the carrier captain be more due to the revealing of potential readiness to the public?

~Bang

I’m sure that’s what it is. You can’t just let that kind of stuff be known. Any data is dangerous data if the Chinese/Russians/Koreans get it. And they have it now. 

It could also be political. But there is a real tangible reason to want that information protected. Least of all is if he leaks, what stops the rest of them below him from leaking. The military works because of the chain of command. (And I’m not a military kid at all, but that’s how our defense works) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wife: got <big accomplishment> finished so I’ll be home at 7:30. I’m not working tonight

me to my friends group: yay! First time in like 2+ weeks!

friends: yay!

@7:54

me to friends group: and she got a call and is back to work. Didn’t make it 30 minutes. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I’m sure that’s what it is. You can’t just let that kind of stuff be known. Any data is dangerous data if the Chinese/Russians/Koreans get it. And they have it now. 

It could also be political. But there is a real tangible reason to want that information protected. Least of all is if he leaks, what stops the rest of them below him from leaking. The military works because of the chain of command. (And I’m not a military kid at all, but that’s how our defense works) 

It's sort of frustrating that Trump and his officials can say or leak whatever the **** they want though....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The oversight committee for the last bailout (TARP) was chaired by Elizabeth Warren and probably launched her political career. They did great work... I actually shocked their work is still archived.  

I personally archived everything I could from it.  

Mnuchin is an idiot, he should say -- "Congress deserves transparency and we have nothing to hide. Oversight shouldn't keep our programs from getting off the ground.  I welcome oversight, I do not welcome roadblocks."   How hard is that to say?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The coronavirus will change our lives, but the environment could see benefits

When you look out at the crystal blue skies over California, it doesn’t look like a deadly pandemic.

In fact, the Bay Area is basking in its cleanest air in months, if not years. And we’re not alone. Satellite photos of China show an unprecedented drop in pollution. Worldwide greenhouse gas emissions are falling. And even the planet’s rivers and bays are clearing up, including the famously murky canals of Venice.

At a huge cost to the global economy, Earth is getting a rare gulp of fresh air as society shuts down in the face of the coronavirus outbreak. It’s an environmental boon that decades of green activism could not achieve.

The improvement isn’t likely to last, however. Once the world comes roaring back to life, so too will the ecological carnage. Or will it? Environmental experts say that cleaner days could lie ahead, that is, if we permanently adopt some of the climate-friendly practices we’ve accidentally embraced during the shutdown — working remotely being just one — and if federal stimulus money can be steered toward green infrastructure.

Click on the link for more

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, China said:

The coronavirus will change our lives, but the environment could see benefits

When you look out at the crystal blue skies over California, it doesn’t look like a deadly pandemic.

In fact, the Bay Area is basking in its cleanest air in months, if not years. And we’re not alone. Satellite photos of China show an unprecedented drop in pollution. Worldwide greenhouse gas emissions are falling. And even the planet’s rivers and bays are clearing up, including the famously murky canals of Venice.

At a huge cost to the global economy, Earth is getting a rare gulp of fresh air as society shuts down in the face of the coronavirus outbreak. It’s an environmental boon that decades of green activism could not achieve.

The improvement isn’t likely to last, however. Once the world comes roaring back to life, so too will the ecological carnage. Or will it? Environmental experts say that cleaner days could lie ahead, that is, if we permanently adopt some of the climate-friendly practices we’ve accidentally embraced during the shutdown — working remotely being just one — and if federal stimulus money can be steered toward green infrastructure.

Click on the link for more

Renaissance. I'm hoping for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i see another tweet <President Trump should only call on Fox, NYPost, and OANN above> from the "comfortably smug" guy that twa quoted in the quarantine thread...i was just scanning at the time but it appeared that mr. smuggy, and twa, were making some anti-lib/anti-elitist type point mocking some supposed clueless ass re: quarantining...i didn't want to find out more at the time

but i had wondered what comfotablysmug was like for him to be perhaps a twitter source for twa...going from the vast sample of two examples and one additional relevant data point. apparently it's a stupid partisan hack.....let's just operate under that presumption for now until other evidence appears :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"What a lot of the voters are seeing now is that when you elect somebody...think about who will be a competent manager during the time of crisis."

So, Jared said that?  I think the normal voter, will definitely see who's the competent manager.  It sure isn't your father-in-law or you.  Thanks for aiding in Biden's campaign against your father-in-law.  Why is Jared part of the task force? I didn't know Jared went to medical school.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1