Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

22 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Go straight to the courts, bring SCOTUS back if you have to.

Edit: finally had my "scream in my car at top of my lungs" moment on this one, could stop my mom from getting a check.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gbear said:

As usual, I think Gates gets it:

Gate's edditorial...

Shut up Bill! What would you know about providing healthcare in third-world countries like 'Muricuh?😉

1 hour ago, China said:

This Pandemic Is Not Your Vacation

For now, in the absence of any clear federal guidelines restricting domestic travel, residents in many small towns across the US are drafting their own ad hoc policies for outside visitors. In Skamania County, outside of Portland, there are signs spray-painted with “STAY OUT LOCALS ONLY” posted around town. One resident told me that community members will follow around any car they don’t recognize that enters the neighborhood. (The local hardware store is also offering free toilet paper with the purchase of a firearm.) At a small backwoods inn on the banks of the Rogue River in Oregon, 200 miles from the nearest hospital, the owner told me that even with a “NO VACANCY” sign up, and the restaurant closed down, she still had people knocking on the door, looking for a long-term place to stay.

In Dare County, North Carolina — the Outer Banks — police have set up a checkpoint to turn back anyone, even a second-home owner, who’s not a full-time resident. The tiny island of North Haven, Maine, has banned all visitors, including people who own property, while locals in Vinalhaven tried to forcibly quarantine three people by downing a tree across their street because their car had out-of-state plates. 

Click on the link for the full article

Somebody must have told these folks that the job creators coming in are POC. Hopefully, the people they're turning away have long memories.

Re: @visionary's post with the Tweet about the age of the Navy's hospital ships, maybe they should ask for a refund of the money Tя☭mp misappropriated for his allegedly big, beautiful, wall.

• Like 1

i haven't been watching the daily trump talks, tho i see clips

but i saw some of today's...i know this admin has always been a cesspool but two words that came to mind today were repulsive and insane

a demented grandiose malicious petty corrupt ugly orange meatsack with a truly repugnant family, a cabinet and a swarm of temporary appointees that mostly contains crooks, cons, grifters, morons, racists, religious nuts, all backed by a corrupt ball-washer-led doj  and a goper congress that is best used for starring roles in saw--the final and messiest chapter

i hope they ask me to write the performance review of this admin for the smithsonian

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Good thing Gov. Dum Dum finally decided to issue the shelter in place order. Great timing since I think there might still be a few counties that don't have positive cases now...that we know of.

Yeah he's taking well deserved heat on this one. 

• Sad 1