Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, bcl05 said:

I would do anything for any reporter to ask them "what would the number be if we instituted social distancing a month earlier?"

Trump doesn't like questions that make him look bad.

I thought you were a doctor, first do no harm.  You tryin' to get somebody hurt?

Edited by China
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I would do anything for any reporter to ask them "what would the number be if we instituted social distancing a month earlier?"

That wouldn't be answered.  They would say something like thats in the past.  Honestly you can't really harp on that and also blame Fauci or Birx. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcl05 said:

THIS IS NOT FULL MITIGATION.

Every time they use that phrase, my blood pressure spikes.  This farce is going to drive me to drink (more).

They are right.  This country stinks in preventing this to spread.  People do not want to stay in their houses.  They want to go to friends' house for drinks or wine, go to HD or Lowes to start renovation projects, buy furniture,  play sports with friends, or visit national parks.  People are selfish and can't even enjoy a staycation. 

I am certain that Tony Fauci (whom I know) and Dr. Birx (whom I don't, but has a reputation of credibility) knew about this virus the same day that it was discovered.  I'm sure they were raising the alarm in the first days of January.  Every infectious disease doc who focuses on emerging viruses saw this coming.  

The fault is in the people who ignored them.  Maybe if we still had a pandemic response team in the NSC we would have responded better.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

It hurts that I'm not making any money, but like I said last week...I've been on my feet since '84. I'll be just fine on my ass (without the hospital part) for a while.

This virus also shows alot of things about america that need to be fixed too

1) 2 weeks out of work - requires americans to get a stimulus check, really?  People need to learn how to save. I know this is going to last longer but america has a big problem with savings in general. 

2) why are corporations being bailed out just being out of commission for 2 weeks?  if they have record profits, they should be able to stay on their toes for a little longer. 

• Like 1

UTAH'S LARGEST MEDICAL PROVIDER ANNOUNCES PAY CUTS FOR DOCTORS AND NURSES AMID CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

Utah's largest medical provider is cutting the salaries of physicians and nurse practitioners, claiming they need to be flexible to the "changing needs" created by the coronavirus pandemic.

Intermountain Healthcare told its staff in an email that pay cuts were necessary as the company wasn't bringing in as much revenue due to canceled appointments and nonessential and elective surgeries being postponed.

It was not clear how many of Intermountain Healthcare's 2,400 physicians and advanced practitioners would be affected by the changes. The company describes itself as the largest healthcare provider in the Intermountain West, primarily serving Utah, southern Idaho and southern Nevada.

One advanced practice provider, who did not want to be named, told The Salt Lake Tribune the cuts were a "slap in the face" for healthcare workers on the frontlines of the pandemic.

"You're putting your life on the line, and you're being possibly exposed," she told the newspaper.

"Now they're reducing pay with the people who are on the front lines. It's just a slap in the face."

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3

@skinfan2k

America's GDP and "economic growth" has been fueled by debt the past 40 years.  Savings?  Savers get crushed... don't talk about savings. 

The inflation in essential items like: healthcare, a college education, housing... that has been burdening Americans for 40 years... although more acutely 10 years. 

But, the top 10, 1, .1%.... they don't care.  They elect politicians who continue to enact policies that favor debt.  Has anyone even talked about "why?"... sure its easy to raise a hand and say, "everyone should have a rainy day fund!!"  Sorry... if you bought a house, got an education 30 years ago... congrats... you don't have the sams debt burden.  

If you don't get what I am sayIng, please learn some empathy.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, skinsmarydu said:

But I've only eaten at home!...minus the smoked sausage, egg and cheese biscuit from Hardee's on my way home from the vet Friday. (And I only did that because I was passing by & as a manager from the 80s, I know they make absolutely perfect biscuits. ) 

Hardee’s FTW! Their egg plus whatever else you want on it biscuit beats everyone’s. The biscuits are incredible and they use actual, fresh cracked eggs. Amazing.

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Random comment from friend:

”they should just put chick-fil-a in charge of testing”

They’d turn away gay people. Wouldn’t want to catch teh gay and COVID19.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Man accused of trying to spread coronavirus at Michigan grocery store could face domestic terrorism charge

GENESEE COUNTY, MI – A man accused of touching several items at a mid-Michigan grocery store while claiming to have COVID-19 may face additional charges.

The 26-year-old Mt. Morris man is charged with harmful substance-personal falsely exposed, malicious destruction of police property, and assaulting, resisting, or obstructing police tied to an incident at a Genesee Township grocery store.

If it turns out he really has coronavirus, the man could also be charged with domestic terrorism, Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said Sunday.

Click on the link for the full article

10 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I skipped that last White House dog and pony show press briefing. Why the **** was the My Pillow Guy there, other than for a fresh set of lips to kiss Donald Trump's ass? 

Was he donating pillows to hospitals? Money?  Seriously, was there a legitimate reason he was there related to the Coronavirus issue?

Yes. Trump got the pillows from the pillow guy and slept on the pandemic. 

Edited by zskins

19 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Hardee’s FTW! Their egg plus whatever else you want on it biscuit beats everyone’s. The biscuits are incredible and they use actual, fresh cracked eggs. Amazing.

YOU KNOW IT!  The best yet was the fried bologna biscuits. 

My biscuits always sucked, like a foot tall, and they have to be spec. Weight, height, color, etc. Crazy, but awesome. I love em. Only other biscuits that can compare here in ATL(other than my dearly departed grandmother's  that I'm named after) is Old Hickory House. They'll even burn a couple on top if you ask. 😋