Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’ve heard from multiple sources that the government will enact a mandatory 2 week closure of all businesses other than grocery and fuel.  I’ve seen nothing to substantiate that other than two separate sources that said government officials told them.

Anyone hearing anything of the such?

Been hearing the same. Also hearing of border blocks on hot bed cities and states.

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’ve heard from multiple sources that the government will enact a mandatory 2 week closure of all businesses other than grocery and fuel.  I’ve seen nothing to substantiate that other than two separate sources that said government officials told them.

I don't see how we avoid this. 

Our numbers mean NOTHING. We have barely tested anyone. Trump should just come out and say that, but he is incapable of seeing forward. In the coming days and weeks could very multiply at a greater rate than other countries because more and more folks will be getting tested.

It's incredible to watch local leaders just ignore the president and shut things down on their own accord. Garcetti closing all the bars here in LA -- I give him props and I'm not a huge fan. Thank goodness he and others are grown-ups.

Hold on, people. And be good to each other. We will survive this, but it's going to be a wild ride.

I'm a super fortunate guy. I know most people aren't and if nothing else, are going to feel real financial pain because of this.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

i need to detach for mental sanity, its getting to me big time

but i feel like i'll miss something very important when i do

This is me right now....my family isn't taking it as serious as I would have hoped and think I'm being hyperbolic in what I tell them

24 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I believe you can blame this on White House Occupant who spends more time telling us about his greatness in handling this & how he has 'everything under control'. Maybe if he had a sidekick who spent less time blowing the White House Occupant & more time giving us facts we would know more.

Sorry, this isn't directed at you but, FFS the overall lack of leadership has been horrific. 

Sorry but this is on the media.  Hell most of it is on the branches Facebook pages.  Media isn't talking about it. 

13 minutes ago, just654 said:

Been hearing the same. Also hearing of border blocks on hot bed cities and states.

Interested to see how they impose and enforce this.

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

I have bad news...

If I was a "Smart" Trumpet, I would truly be convinced this is like a double swerve, and the gay reptilians finally got to all the repubs, sending us real Americans to our deaths.

The proper play would probably be to tell all of them to stay inside, away from all the infected illegal aliens and liberals. But crazy eventually cannibalizes itself

Edited by Mr. Sinister

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sorry but this is on the media.  Hell most of it is on the branches Facebook pages.  Media isn't talking about it. 

Interested to see how they impose and enforce this.

Well, I guess Facebook needs to get a TV channel. Did the branches talk to the "media"? What is the media supposed to report? 

The leadership of the country needs to have a single voice on this to tell us WTF is going on. We don't have that. We have a White House Occupant selling snake oil & his sidekick licking his balls. So it's on them, not the media. 

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Well, I guess Facebook needs to get a TV channel. Did the branches talk to the "media"? What is the media supposed to report? 

They issue press releases.  And I’m sure a major news organization could afford to pay one person to watch the military’s Facebook pages.  I suspect many haven’t considered the ramifications of this hitting the military, even a 10% infection would be very damaging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

They issue press releases.  And I’m sure a major news organization could afford to pay one person to watch the military’s Facebook pages.  I suspect many haven’t considered the ramifications of this hitting the military, even a 10% infection would be very damaging.

Dude, I'm not disagreeing with you. The Services need to be heard. But, it's on the White House Occupant to get the message out. FFS, get the military leaders on the mic to tell us WTF they are doing. I'd love to hear that. I don't need a press conference telling us how great the leadership is. Tell us WTF is going on.

The critical mistake was putting Pence as the spokesman. He has no authority to speak. White House Occupant has his nuts in a vice. He cannot say anything that makes dear leader look bad. That ****'s over - the saving face part is gone. White House Occupant lost that several weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

it's on the White House Occupant to get the message out

I disagree.  That’s on the media.

Edit:  I mean only in regards to the affect on the military and what they are currently doing.  Obviously you can’t expect the government to volunteer to make themselves look weak.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree.  That’s on the media.

We can agree to disagree.

When you have a ****show press conference where the person in charge of this - Pence - spends the majority of his time slobbering over the White House Occupant - INSTEAD OF TELLING US WHAT THE MILITARY IS DOING - that's on them. 

There was not 1 mention of the Military in that slobberfest. None. That's on the Orange Turd in the punch bowl. Not the media. 

We're looking for leadership (well, at least I am) during this crisis. Not some posts on Facebook that the media should have read to report on. How about this ****ing leadership tell the truth? Get some more experts to tell us WTF is going on? Nahhh...let's make the media search through Facebook ... or is it Twitter...or some other ****ing obscure place to get info. 

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

We're looking for leadership (well, at least I am)

😂😂😂😂

Dude.......that ship sailed a long ****ing time ago.

5 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

or some other ****ing obscure place to get info

Oh and I love that Facebook and Twitter are obscure places now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

😂😂😂😂

I couldn't stand him, but I would give anything to have GWB handle this situation. At least he looked like he had a damn clue about what to do during difficult situations. Thiw guy we got now doesn't seem like he can handle running a daycare center. 

Feels like I'm in bizzaro world!

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

😂😂😂😂

Oh and I love that Facebook and Twitter are obscure places now.

Yeah, I really meant some place-where-facts-aren't-checked-and-bull****-is-rewarded-with-multiple-thumps-up-which-then-makes-it-true. 

• Like 1

I do think it speaks to a larger problem in the US.  We take the incredible challenges and sacrifices facing the members of the armed services for granted.  It really is pervasive in many different aspects of policy making and public attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Just heard this. Friend just let me know their good friend who works for a 3-word agency advised them to prepare for a national quarantine. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just heard this. Friend just let me know their good friend who works for a 3-word agency advised them to prepare for a national quarantine. 

Does your "friend" work for Mar A Lago?  Blink once if yes, twice if no.

• Haha 6