Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There's no point in listening to what Trump says. He's only trying to keep his reelection chances going with his comments.

He only cares about himself and keep the rich still rich. He could care less about the human toll from the virus or the human

toll from the economic turmoil coming from the coronavirus. 

Actually, I suspect that it's more a case that one of the rules of the post-reality GOP is to never back down from any position, no matter how obviously wrong it is.  

Heard a commentator a while back, observing that now days, oil companies include climate change in with their business decisions.  They plan for it when they're designing new facilities or other planning.  But decades ago, the oil industry paid the GOP do obstruct anything involving that.  And therefore they're still in full on denial, even though the people who paid them to do that have moved on, and are now including it in their plans for the future.  

On the issue of climate change, the GOP is now more extreme than the oil and coal industries.  

Which, in some ways, makes the GOP actions even more reprehensible.  While they used to be pushing denial for reasons of political power, now they're just doing it to avoid having to look like they changed their minds.  

• Like 5

A DC restaurant group is flouting the new #coronavirus restrictions on restaurants/bars & urging others to join them in ignoring the DC Health Department's order --> 

What needs to happen is immediately closed down by the health department.  Find something.  Water not warm enough in the hand washing sink in the ladies's room.  

You can appeal to the supervisor, just as soon as the office reopens, after the shutdown.  And your competition can keep selling takeout, while you're closed down.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

What needs to happen is immediately closed down by the health department.  Find something.  Water not warm enough in the hand washing sink in the ladies's room.  

You can appeal to the supervisor, just as soon as the office reopens, after the shutdown.  And your competition can keep selling takeout, while you're closed down.  

Science says cold water works as well or better than hot water.....unless it is hot enough to scald you....just trivia

add

if the city wants them shut down they will simply cutoff water,gas and electricity

and of course fines and licenses rescinded

Edited by twa

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Science says cold water works as well or better than hot water.....unless it is hot enough to scald you....just trivia

Science says warm water works best  And hot/scalding water are worse.  Just facts.  

• Like 1

This snippet from the Falwell article:

The sold-out conference, hosting speakers like Tim Tebow and Marcus Luttrell, was created to “help man take back their Biblical manhood.” With workshops centered around topics like self-defense, hunting, motorcycles and faith, the event sold more than 5,000 tickets.

• Haha 1

We’re seeing the damage the long term fostering of distrust with government and media. 

people are skeptical and mocking of the situation because they’ve been trained to not trust the government and the media. 

To the point that daily presidential press conferences can’t even overcome that now natural instinct

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Dr Drew said this was a social disease.. ie, not significant and the hysteria is an over reaction.... that this is the first outbreak where everyone has social media and is panicking for no reason.... 

Too bad he couldn't talk some sense into pretty much every medical expert from across the globe

🙄 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skintime said:

They will not be missed.

Unfortunately this is in my backyard... about 50min from me. And my mother in law, who watches my kids during the day, is only ten minutes from Lynchburg. We’re debating telling her to stay home for a month or so and just dealing with how we manage work. Leaning toward doing that but I’m not sure how we will swing it. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Unfortunately this is in my backyard... about 50min from me. And my mother in law, who watches my kids during the day, is only ten minutes from Lynchburg. We’re debating telling her to stay home for a month or so and just dealing with how we manage work. Leaning toward doing that but I’m not sure how we will swing it. 

If the house/WH bill is signed into law, you can get 2/3 pay family leave to take care of children whose school is closed.  The family leave is reimbursed by a tax credit to the employer (or individual for self employed), so the employer gets all of the money from the government even if the leave pay exceeds their tax liability.  It might be something useful in planning for your family logistics.  Best of luck to everyone juggling things right now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If the house/WH bill is signed into law, you can get 2/3 pay family leave to take care of children whose school is closed.  The family leave is reimbursed by a tax credit to the employer (or individual for self employed), so the employer gets all of the money from the government even if the leave pay exceeds their tax liability.  It might be something useful in planning for your family logistics.  Best of luck to everyone juggling things right now.

To bad this doesn't apply to the military.  Seeing some issues arise already. 

• Sad 2