Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Cnn saying nationwide curfew on the way

Begs the question, will it be state level enforced or fed enforced?  

We might not need to go past this, I have faith everyone will get it after this and stf home if they can instead of bar hoping thinkin they invincible.

Its embarrassing, youth need to be forced not to go clubbing but cant be convinced to go voting.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its embarrassing, youth need to be forced not to go clubbing but cant be convinced to go voting.

They are dumb and we raised them that way. 

(I say we but I mean their parents. I try to educate these little ass brains every chance I get) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Begs the question, will it be state level enforced or fed enforced?  

We might not need to go past this, I have faith everyone will get it after this and stf home if they can instead of bar hoping thinkin they invincible.

I said it before, I'll say it again.  People are stupid and routinely do things that aren't in their best interest from a health perspective.

You don't have to look far on Instagram to see people living it up on Spring Break abroad and acting like it's no big deal.  From what I heard this weekend, restaurants in DC were still packed.  Some people love to learn the hard way.  And plenty of others won't let anything get in the way of their fun.  Add that up, you're headed for a mess.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hard to say 2-3 percent of our population is worth killing our economy. Ultimately economic collapse could kill many more people...

If you let this spread uncontrollably, it won’t be just 2-3% of the population. It will be far more than that and we would have a healthcare infrastructure completely broken and destroyed. 

What an idiotic post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The kill rate is 2-3 percent... so let’s say it’s 5 percent under a stressed hospital environment. Economic collapse could kill 10 percent of the world population... how bad will the economy get. How bad will the virus get. How bad would the economy get if we had to deal with the virus without quarantine.

Not dumb questions to ask.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The kill rate is 2-3 percent... so let’s say it’s 5 percent under a stressed hospital environment. Economic collapse could kill 10 percent of the world population...

I wonder though, how does the math change since people can be reinfected?  How does the math change when society doesn’t take measures like social distancing?  What happens if we see a resurgence in the fall?

Edit:  and what happens to the people who would usually need lifesaving healthcare (I believe you factored that into your 5% number, but I don’t know...)?

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The kill rate is 2-3 percent... so let’s say it’s 5 percent under a stressed hospital environment. Economic collapse could kill 10 percent of the world population... how bad will the economy get. How bad will the virus get. How bad would the economy get if we had to deal with the virus without quarantine.

Not dumb questions to ask.

sorry but what the **** are you talking about. 

our current death rate numbers are based on drastic, country wide quarantine and a sudden halt to everything. 

and your grand opinion on it all is that the economic burden is too much to tough it out? You aren’t even considering what that might do to the death rate?

you have routinely made posts in this thread that suggest you don’t get it or are trolling.  I’m going with you don’t get it, but I’m letting you know that in general that’s where your posting quality resides at the moment. 

Italy is leaving dead bodies in houses because they cannot do anything with them because their resources are exhausted. 

And some people are complaining about the stock market. 

get your head

out of your ass

Edited by tshile
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hard to say 2-3 percent of our population is worth killing our economy. Ultimately economic collapse could kill many more people...

The economy is tanking because of Trump not trying to protect us from dying and investors seeing right through it.  You are presenting a false choice.

We cant recover from the damage to the economy until the virus situation is resolved, the fed has been saying that from get-go, Trump is jus looking for people to blame.

"I dont take responsibility at all"

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Uh... economic collapse causes famine, spread of disease, war etc. this is all well documented.

You stated that an economic collapse would kill 760,000,000 people.  I'd like some evidence other than your assertion for that.

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Edit:  and what happens to the people who would usually need lifesaving healthcare (I believe you factored that into your 5% number, but I don’t know...)?

they die. 

just because they need ICU care but don’t have covid19 doesn’t mean more icu beds magically open up. 

generally the country operates at 80% capacity of its total 1 million bed capacity. 

that’s before the coronavirus

Capacity is capacity. Exhausted resources means there are no more resources. 

there are about 45,000 ICU capable beds in the entire country. 

those other issues don’t pause for the outbreak. Car accidents, heart attacks, other issues continue. And there won’t be any resources for them either once the hospitals collapse. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

So I just got back from the grocery store in rural Virginia. All the bread is gone. If it's in a bag, it's already been bought. Except for raisin bread. Apparently raisin bread isn't what you eat during an apocalypse.

Maybe those weren't raisins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So I just got back from the grocery store in rural Virginia. All the bread is gone. If it's in a bag, it's already been bought. Except for raisin bread. Apparently raisin bread isn't what you eat during an apocalypse.

That or beef ramen. No one wants that bull**** 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I saw a friend post a picture of all the bread in a Harris Teeter sold out, except for many different types of rye.

Maybe the classic white wonderbread doubles up as toilet paper if you let it go stale?

• Haha 4