Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Should the economic fallout from this go into the recession thread or be here?

Opinion: Recession Thread, the fallout will continue after this peak blows over.  This is going to be a one to punch, global pandemic followed by global recession. Massive topics that deserve their own threads.

3 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I'm pretty sure it was Bruce Allen's plan, and those two are rarely mistaken.

God saved us, further comment reserved for another thread.

• Haha 1

Anyone tried to shop today? We are tryung to figure out if lines as crazy as Friday. We are also weighing the risk of going out now versus needing stuff in a week when stores maybe even harder to access, and their inventory may be depleted.

Here at dialysis everyone has to wear a mask the entire time we are in the building. Bus usually drops me off around 9am and picks me up around 2:30pm. These things are itchy and makes me sweat a little.  The nurses and technicians have to wear the mask all day.

My sister had my roommate install a sanitizer dispenser at the front door entrance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gbear said:

Anyone tried to shop today? We are tryung to figure out if lines as crazy as Friday. We are also weighing the risk of going out now versus needing stuff in a week when stores maybe even harder to access, and their inventory may be depleted.

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday it actually wasn't as crowded. Their shelves for many items were empty though.

15 minutes ago, gbear said:

work group chat says its better than Friday and yesterday but I haven't been out myself yet. 

16 minutes ago, gbear said:

Went to Walmart yesterday at 6 am when they opened. 

they weren’t fully stocked but they had enough and the lines were nothing. 

id suggest figuring out when the store opens and be there first thing. Avoid the people and get the most out of overnight restocking. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

id suggest figuring out when the store opens and be there first thing. Avoid the people and get the most out of overnight restocking. 

And their overnight cleaning. 

• Like 1

Well here’s the problem - there aren’t enough masks. 

I’m not saying first responders shouldn’t get them, I don’t know the right answer. I’m just saying that simply directing them to be supplied isn’t really capturing the fact that we don’t have enough masks. 

Also it’s possible to reuse the masks. There are guidelines from the cdc on it. 

the problem is no one wants to do that. So they’ll be treated as one-time use. 

my guess is that the average nurse/doctor/etc won’t head about or trust or respect that guidance until there aren’t anymore masks left 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Cuomo practically begging the federal government to deploy the military to build hospitals and supply medical equipment.

has he called up the national guard to help prepare and identify emergency and isolation facilities and disinfection efforts?

I know six states have

1 hour ago, gbear said:

I went out earlier to pick up some booze and groceries - plenty of stock and not much in terms of lines. I was in and out in 20 mins