Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

32 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Raisin bread is the ****, I don't know what everyone's talking about.  Put it in the toaster, spread some cinnamon and butter on it, that's good stuff.

But can you live on it for 14 days?  I finally ventured into the grocery store and bought PB&J and bread. We can live on PB&J sandwiches for weeks if we have to.  

27 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@tshile  Yeah, I know that’s what would happen to them.  I guess I was more about what does that mean, numbers-wise exactly?

The numbers I was given:

nation has 1 million hospital bed

that includes about 45,000 icu settings

roughly 35 million people are hospitalized every year for something

at any given moment hospitals are about 80% full

now tack on whatever covid19 causes, estimated 10% hospitalization rate so far is the best I’ve seen

Those are the only numbers I got. They’re not very good if this doesn’t get under control quickly. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I found TONS of frozen bread in stock in SoCal today. It's like nobody knew to look by the pie crusts. Their loss, it's good stuff, very wholesome. 

The only bread left at my Trader Joe's on Saturday was gluten free (which I have been for 9+ years now).

Suck it losers!

Edit...costco had a ton of bread left.

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 3/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, techboy said:

The superintendent for Fairfax has ordered that students be given enrichment activities to maintain the momentum of instruction but nothing can be graded... Totally optional.

Here's an enrichment activity kids! Plot the daily growth rate in COVID-19 cases (or deaths). Learn what exponential growth looks like!

Edited by Corcaigh

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But can you live on it for 14 days?  I finally ventured into the grocery store and bought PB&J and bread. We can live on PB&J sandwiches for weeks if we have to.  

Raisin bread?  Yeah man.  C'mon, You're talking about PB&J sandwiches, I can get by on raisin bread.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You guys are talking about death, economic collapse, WW2, numbers and all this other ****, head over to the Quarantine Thread, there's white girls licking toilet seats.

hey the Texans are getting an early start on the apocalypse and are just burning it all down now ahead of schedule 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Raisin bread?  Yeah man.  C'mon, You're talking about PB&J sandwiches, I can get by on raisin bread.  

Yeah - if you are eating peanut butter for 14 days straight I'm sure a neighbor with severe allergies will be triggered and go into anaphylactic shock.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXjCKd3o7Lg

NSFW, language.  But you guys will laugh, it calls Donald Trump a bunch of names. 

My wife, who is English, showed me this. I just found it annoying. But I find most English people annoying most of the time too. Including her.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Called it, Canada closing our border with them before we did, they know what time it is, we are the only country they share a f'n border with...hmm...

exclusion for US Citizens.

Edited by Zguy28

1 hour ago, killerbee99 said:

Decent leadership could have forestalled major market selloffs but orange moron in the white house and....... 

I doubt that, it might have slowed it down.

53 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I think the oversimplification is what tables the argument for everyone.  I would be interested in seeing educated guesses though (based on data and various issues).  

I will say that one thing that might lead to this train of thought is the current reported numbers.  When we see x amount of people affected in the US, compared with the mass closings and economic losses, it’s easy to question the moves/decisions that have been made.  My hunch is that if testing were widespread here, we’d be looking at numbers in the tens of thousands (and I actually feel that might be a bit conservative)... which might start bring it home for some people.  

I don't know how reliable the number is, but the Ohio Department Health Director estimated they had 100,000 people on OH alone 4 days ago.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I don't know how reliable the number is, but the Ohio Department Health Director estimated they had 100,000 people on OH alone 4 days ago.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

So if they don't have mass hospitalizations soon that means what?

"Get in the bathroom, Grandma, you've been coughing all day"

Pathetic. Jus get to the part where states are on their own to get ventilators so you can blame them when death rates spike.

Trump is moving from protecting the economy to protecting himself.

• Like 1