Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Trump comes out and declares his administration is ahead of the curve... and then proceeds to make recommendations states have been making for over a week, all over the country.  Leading from the rear while singing praise for his own efforts.  

Dr. Birx annoys me.  She might be an excellent person and a trustworthy expert, I don’t know anything about her, but she sounds like a condescending shill to my ear.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

"Get in the bathroom, Grandma, you've been coughing all day"

Pathetic. Jus get to the part where states are on their own to get ventilators so you can blame them when death rates spike.

Trump is moving from protecting the economy to protecting himself.

Protecting the economy is protecting himself.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Effecting more people than a lot of States have. Not a full lockdown though...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Bay-Area-must-shelter-in-place-Only-15135014.php

Bay Area ‘shelter in place’ expected: Only essential businesses open in 6 counties with 6.7 million people until April 7

All non-essential gatherings of any size are now banned, along with non-essential travel “on foot, bicycle, scooter, automobile or public transit.” People may travel for shopping for necessary supplies, accessing health care, and providing aid to family and friends who need assistance, and for non-residents, returning to their home outside the Bay Area. Airports, taxis, and public transit — including BART — will remain operational, but only for essential travel and people are expected to keep six feet apart when possible.

People in the six counties will still be able to go shopping for items such as food and household supplies, and seek medical care. They will be able to go outside for walks or exercise as long as they keep six feet away from anyone they don’t already live with.

People who are older or have underlying health problems are being told to stay inside at all times except for health care under the new directive. They should ask someone to shop for them if they are able.

The order calls for all “routine medical appointments” and elective procedures to be canceled or rescheduled. “To the extent possible, all health care visits that are not canceled or rescheduled should be done remotely,” the order states.

Sounds like a really grandiose, but completely voluntary, thing.  

Not optimistic about the compliance rate.  

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Protecting the economy is protecting himself.

For real, from watching him talk, it sounds like hes getting he cant save the economy until he solves this pandemic issue. He jus said it, first time I've heard him admit it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Sounds like a really grandiose, but completely voluntary, thing.  

Not optimistic about the compliance rate.  

Yep. Although the first step is usually an incremental soft request. Total lockdown without a shelter in place order leads to a breakdown in public trust, imo.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Yep. Although the first step is usually an incremental soft request. Total lockdown without a shelter in place order leads to a breakdown in public trust, imo.

And if it had been mandatory/enforced, I was prepared to tear em a new one for springing it on people so suddenly, and without a lot more info about what's allowed and what isn't.  

He's still trying to ride the coattails of what States and others have been doing on their own.  I'm betting that the Chinese donation will be something they "ordered".  This is all damage control now. Been that way since the disastrous Oval Office one. Betting Pence is lying his ass off again too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

And if it had been mandatory/enforced, I was prepared to tear em a new one for springing it on people so suddenly, and without a lot more info about what's allowed and what isn't.  

This is where I'm trying to meet Trump halfway in reality here, hes holding off on mandatory, national lockdown as long as he can. 

Even saying hed maybe start with hot zones if it gets to that point is probably only thing I agree with him on in this, this is such a large country, Italy France and Spain are the size of some states.