Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

Why not Darwin James too? I mean either way it's a no from L.A.!

Is Darwin James the version of Derwin James that comes to DC for a huge contract and someone forgets to play football and kills the Skins cap for the next 5 years?

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Is Darwin James the version of Derwin James that comes to DC for a huge contract and someone forgets to play football and kills the Skins cap for the next 5 years?

Darwin is Derwin's brother, but where Derwin runs like a leopard his brother, Darwin, barely revs up to the speed of a giant tortoise. On the plus side, no one gathers boobies better than Darwin!

Image result for blue footed booby bird

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm holding my breath for Howard and a 2nd for Trent still. Getting tired of passing out though.

I think Trent and the rest of us might as well cope with the reality that he's likely going to be a Redskin this year.  I wish he would just honor his contract then move on next year if he chooses.  I think Quinton Dunbar is in the same situation.  Might as well make the best of it.

1 minute ago, Poindexter said:

I think Trent and the rest of us might as well cope with the reality that he's likely going to be a Redskin this year.  I wish he would just honor his contract then move on next year if he chooses.  I think Quinton Dunbar is in the same situation.  Might as well make the best of it.

Why? Why give two guys who don’t want to be there an opportunity to poison the locker room? Rather keep them away from the players that actually wanna be here. Rather they both just stay home.

So a couple of thoughts on the off season

1. It take comfort in the Redskins' (Kyle and staff) ability to pick NFL ready rookies (at least the past couple of years). I believe they'll get a solid rookie starter at TE (which is the only position I see of significant need on the offensive side of the ball. I think LT will come via FA (Penn returns or Trent somehow stays). That is not to say this team does not need depth at a few other positions.

2. I like that the Redskins have not conducted a win now approach in FA. You do that when you know beyond a shadow of a doubt what you've got at the QB position. Just ask Chicago. Why spend a boat load of money on short term FA contracts and have a possible Trubisky on your hands? You end up with a bunch of high paid players and minimal wins to show for it because your offense can't score points with poor QB play. Now you're back to square one trying to find a franchise QB to build around. Chicago has picked up Foles. But who knows if he can re-create what he did in Philly? They've got question marks at that position and may need to spend a draft next year on it. The Redskins have always had bad timing. They'll have a descent defense and poor QB play. Never really experienced vice versa. But it would be good to see them hit on both for once. 

3. Defensive focus. I like that they are focusing on maximizing their strength on that side of the ball. It actually takes the pressure off the offense (which is young) and allows them to continue to gel in their second year in the league (first year in the new offensive system).

Guys, this is the cumulative of 20+ years of Snyder ownership and the dysfunction he has bestowed upon this franchise. We won’t attract players with even odds. Sadly, players are turning down more money to not sign here and some want out. It will be a grind to get out of this. We HAVE to go the draft route.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

You shall eat your words, sir. HentgesMania is about to run wild.

lol Boobies, wait. I'm on your side big man. I'm feeling the Hentges mania too. Woot?

40 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

**** them

2 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Imagine? I’d be in the minority but I’d love it

Its gotten to the stage where we’ve been so bereft of elite talent for so long I just want to see somebody like this in a Redskins jersey, just a bit of hope somebody to point to and say he’s the nuts you know? 

Agreed. Yeah he's nuts, but he'd be "our" nuts.

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

And all those weapons were added just one offseason ago, in the form of a 3rd Rd, 6th Rd, and UDFA.  we didn't need to give expensive contracts at the beginning of free agency for those weapons.

Would you bank on that happening 2 years in a row though?

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

lol Boobies, wait. I'm on your side big man. I'm feeling the Hentges mania too. Woot?

**** them

I think there might be something to Standig keep saying he thinks they go TE in the third and they like themselves some Adam Trautman  For anyone who loves Hentges, how about his bigger, faster, better hands and better blocking cousin of a player?

Looks like SIP has a bit of Trautman crush! 

Unless they trade for a starting caliber TE I'd say they will be grabbing Trautman or Kmet at 66. I like both players.

With a lack of draft depth,will they still be there at 66?  IMO If they go into the draft needing one of these guys they will need to reach for them in the second round. 

With so much talent likely at 66, I just can’t see going with one of the tight ends. If they could turn the pick into two thirds somehow, I might entertain a trade back. But man, there’s going to be some freakin studs there. 

Last I remember, Kyle is a BPA guy. And while I like Trautman... is he really likely to be the best overall player on the board at 66?

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

With so much talent likely at 66, I just can’t see going with one of the tight ends. If they could turn the pick into two thirds somehow, I might entertain a trade back. But man, there’s going to be some freakin studs there. 

Last I remember, Kyle is a BPA guy. And while I like Trautman... is he really likely to be the best overall player on the board at 66?

yeah, the odds of no one who's a second round talent dropping into the third is pretty miniscule.  Anytime someone reaches they force someon back

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The LB aren't very fast no matter how instinctual they may be. 

I’ve read enough of your posts to realize you cry just to cry, but don’t attempt to sound like you understand. 

If Holcomb, Bostic, JHC, and Pierre-Louis have any qualities at all it is speed. 

Davis played Safety when he came into the league. Granted he is old now so I’m not sure on speed. 

Foster is a blazer. Not sure he can be counted on at this point. 

Speed is not the issue with the LB’s outside of Anderson and Hamilton, and neither will probably be on the roster in September. 

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Why? Why give two guys who don’t want to be there an opportunity to poison the locker room? Rather keep them away from the players that actually wanna be here. Rather they both just stay home.

I’ve been lurking through the chaos and entertainment that is this thread for a while but have to chime in here. If they want to get paid, and they have to play for us this year, what do they have to gain by being cancerous in the locker room? For that matter, what do they have to gain by holding out, milking injuries, or any other shenanigans. They are both under contract for 1 year.

Dunbar hasn’t played a whole season. If he causes trouble what are the chances he gets paid? He has to ball out for us to get paid. Being disgruntled only hurts his position. He can suck for a year, waste a year of his career and sign a low 1 year deal to prove himself? He can be injured a lot like he’s been and someone’s going to give him a cash bonus? He’s stuck and the coach knows it. Play well for 1 more season, cash in. Be a schmuck, good luck. 

Trent has no leverage. He can’t possibly hold out again and expect another payday. His main grievance was the medical stuff. That went away and now he wants to get paid. If he doesn’t get paid this year on a trade, he’ll have to be pro bowl Trent to get that next contract and we’ll get a top left tackle for one year plus a comp pick. Any other path and he hurts his own position.

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There is a lot of talent in the third, I agree. And I’d trade down, too,  So agree with that, too.

But I do think Trautman and Kmet are worthy in the mix of prospects in that round. In my view, those are the 2 best TEs in this draft and if they aren’t taken in the 2nd, I think they are gone by the early 4th at the latest.

Standig mentioned he knows they like Trautman. And Trautman ironically on his own mentioned the Redskins showed major interest in him. Trautman strikes me as a Kyle kind of player but as to where he values him in the draft as for what round, will see.

Archived