Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

$6 mil per for Ebron. No way. That puts him into top 10 category for TEs and he has never smelled 1000 yards. This is like his 7th year too so don’t give me anything about potential. His best year was with Luck at qb (13tds) and no other year he had more than 5. 

Please justify how he’s worth that contract and why we would want him. I’m more than happy with the upside of Logan Thomas. He reminds me of Dunbar making a switch and needing some time to get adjusted. 

I am 100% with you there.

Might be in the minority but I like the signings. I am one of those that believe in the coaching staff making a huge difference. 

Do I want to see more quality targets for Haskins? YES! But a roster is not built overnight. So many unfolding chapters. 

Skins will be better as long as Haskins keeps on improving. 

Plus a defense that can get off the field on 3rd downs. 

59 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Understood, but I dont think he's weaponless either.  He doesnt have a TE certainly, but he does have 2 dynamic guys in Mclaurin and Sims Jr and a stable of talented RBs.  I mean, Mclaurin right now today is the best WR in the division.

They need that talented #2 WR, which they could still very well get. #2 types like Sanders is still out there, Anderson is still out there, Funchess, etc. And I dont think we've seen the best of Harmon either.  

Haskins isnt out there with one arm tied behind his back.  

I hear that, I agree Sims and McLaurin are exciting and a fully healthy backfield of Peterson, Guice and Love is exciting

But I think it’s easy to forget just how horrendous that offence was last season, there’s a reason they chucked all that money at Cooper. They seriously need to address TE and WR2 with some genuinely experience and quality and for me I’m not sure a 3rd and a 4th round pick are gonna cut that especially when Dwayne doesn’t exactly have a boat load of time to prove himself beyond next season

Just now, WilberMarshall said:

Skins will be better as long as Haskins keeps on improving. 

Plus a defense that can get off the field on 3rd downs. 

Let me ask an honest question. There's no right or wrong as we have no idea right now. But based on the signings and the loses do you think:

a) we've added enough to the offense to make it feel like we're giving Haskins an opportunity to improve?

b) we've added pieces in the secondary that you feel comfortable with to not give up key third down and long if we don't get enough pressure on the QB?

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So OBJ has about 11m about to be guaranteed today. Trade coming?

If there is one person I do not want on this team...he is a prototypical Snyder singing. He's a total headache, and if we are trying to build a culture, he is not the way to do it. I feel the same way about Cam...

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So OBJ has about 11m about to be guaranteed today. Trade coming?

Imagine? I’d be in the minority but I’d love it

Its gotten to the stage where we’ve been so bereft of elite talent for so long I just want to see somebody like this in a Redskins jersey, just a bit of hope somebody to point to and say he’s the nuts you know? 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I ironically am playing the role of the Dolphins in the board's mock draft and traded up to #2 just now real cheap, didn't even need to throw a first rounder in the deal. 

Speaking of....can you make your pick already? lol

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

I love the idea of Chase Young at #2, and would have to be overwhelmed to consider trading out of that spot. However, I'm starting to wonder if Kyle/Ron wouldn't prefer the haul from a trade? Yes, I know that Keim and others have said its Young or bust at #2, but it is also apparent that no beat writer has a solid source in this new F.O. (nor should they have access too Kyle/Ron's thoughts on sensitive information). 

Really no one left to trade with at this point. Everyone that needed a QB got one in free agency except Miami. And they dont need to trade up to get Tua now.

I want to push back on this oft repeated narrative that Haskins has no weapons.

McClaurin is certainly a weapon and a fearsome one.

Simms is a weapon and has proven in the NFL he can repeatedly make the the game changing electric play.

Harmon isn't a weapon, but he has shown the ability to make the tough catch and move the chains.

Peterson is still a weapon albeit one with an unknown number of bullets in the chamber.

Love and Guice may be weapons. Guice has proven dynamic on the field. I'll give you that he's almost never on the field. I feel it sadly ironic that he's named himself, "Da Sickest."

Tight end... well, the cupboard is pretty bare.

So, Haskins has weapons. In fact, he's got some pretty good weapons and some weapons with the potential to grow with him. More would be better, but there's a reason that he was generated a 100+ QB rating his last few games and that's because the weapons were showing up. The receiving corp looked like a legit receiving corp and Peterson was doing his thing. Even Sprinkle and Hentges sporadically contributed.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Really not one left to trade with at this point. Everyone that needed a QB got one in free agency except Miami. And they dont need to trade up to get Tua now.

It’s not the other teams that Miami need to be thinking of here

Its whether or not Washington would consider it, and the longer we go without signing a backup the longer that seed of doubt might make Miami pick up the phone and see if they can tempt us out of it

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Really not one left to trade with at this point. Everyone that needed a QB got one in free agency except Miami. And they dont need to trade up to get Tua now.

That’s irrelevant. A lot of the QBs signed are not long term solutions. Pretty much would come down to Miami and LA though, plus some other lower teams could look to trade up.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Let me ask an honest question. There's no right or wrong as we have no idea right now. But based on the signings and the loses do you think:

a) we've added enough to the offense to make it feel like we're giving Haskins an opportunity to improve?

b) we've added pieces in the secondary that you feel comfortable with to not give up key third down and long if we don't get enough pressure on the QB?

a. Probably not, but other than Cooper, I dont think they set out to sign a bunch to top flight free agents. That can cause more problems than it solves. Added depth and competition is a good thing. LT worries me, but I think once we get Trent sorted out, they'll bring in Peters or Glenn. I really like the McKissic signing, and I like Thomas. Remember, Delaine Walker didn't have 30 catches before going to Tennessee at 29. I'm almost certain they take a TE with the 3rd round pick. I love Trautman--his quote about blocking being more important to him have me heart bubbles.

b. Well, that's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, isn't it? No one is going to hold coverage without enough pressure. However, we were 10th is sacks last year (probably a little misleading given how few offensive plays we ran.) But, JDR's 1st assessment of our defense was the lack of communication. That is clearly a result of our horrible staff. I want to see what we do under JDR and with Chase Young.

☝
4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Simple answer, No! But I am counting on the Rookie receivers to show progress. I will like to see another established TE. Firm believer that if Haskins had above average TEs last year his numbers would have been a lot better. Yes, he had misses and he didn't see some open receivers. He also had critical drops by his receivers. But I saw improvement every week from him and his receiving corps. TE play to me should be a top priority over WR play. Personal opinion.  <<Ps. rewatching games and it is even more obvious than when I was watching it under game day tension>>>

Three things I had issues with on defense. 1). Miscommunication in the Secondary. 2). Below average LB play in getting through the gaps and making plays. 3). on passing downs, our edge rushers were typically a step or half a step late in getting to the QB. 

All 3 can be improved upon with better coaching. I also believe they have addressed it with personnel. And should we draft Chase, it will improve our pass rush.  

Personally, if we can cut down on the stupid mental errors like finally figuring out how to defend the crossing pattern (pick plays) we should improve on 3rd downs. 

My biggest concern is still secondary, particularly safety. The LB aren't very fast no matter how instinctual they may be. Our safeties, outside of Landon, are fast but not very instinctual. As much as it may seem like a miscommunication, as far as i'm concerned, those two units don't complement each other AT ALL, hence why guys were always open in that soft spot in the middle of the field. Safeties played deeper knowing LBs couldn't contain, yet even still they couldn't make the tackles because of poor angles.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Simms is a weapon and has proven in the NFL he can repeatedly make the the game changing electric play.

Harmon isn't a weapon, but he has shown the ability to make the tough catch and move the chains.

And all those weapons were added just one offseason ago, in the form of a 3rd Rd, 6th Rd, and UDFA.  we didn't need to give expensive contracts at the beginning of free agency for those weapons.

56 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That’s a great deal for the Browns.

I agree. We were told by Turner that TE is crucial to his offensive scheme.

Going to have to trade for one or draft one of these 50/50 prospects by the looks of it.

I'm holding my breath for Howard and a 2nd for Trent still. Getting tired of passing out though.

6 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

We have been linked to Delanie Walker. He would definitely be an upgrade on what we have.

Linked as in somebody thinks it would be a good idea or linked as in it has been reported that we are talking to his agent?

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Peterson is still a weapon albeit one with an unknown number of bullets in the chamber.

Love and Guice may be weapons. Guice has proven dynamic on the field. I'll give you that he's almost never on the field. I feel it sadly ironic that he's named himself, "Da Sickest."

Tight end... well, the cupboard is pretty bare.

So, Haskins has weapons. In fact, he's got some pretty good weapons and some weapons with the potential to grow with him. More would be better, but there's a reason that he was generated a 100+ QB rating his last few games and that's because the weapons were showing up. The receiving corp looked like a legit receiving corp and Peterson was doing his thing. Even Sprinkle and Hentges sporadically contributed.

Just because someone suits up in a position at the start of game doesn't make them a weapon by default. I love McClaurin and I am optimistic about Simms, but I bet that's where it ends for most people.  Find anyone of note who wouldn't rank this set of "weapons" in the bottom 5 of the league as it currently stands.

And that isn't to say I can't be on board with the idea that we have 3 second year players at WR who could all take a jump, one RB we haven't even unwrapped from the plastic yet, and we're gonna add more in the draft such that by 2021 season we have a legitimate set of weapons.  But as it stands, that's a lot of dicerolls we're looking to hit on, and how to evaluate Haskins if most of the guys we start would be looking to crack the starting lineup for other teams given the exact same draft spot?

Archived