Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just now, PartyPosse said:

For every Waller there’s a... well a Sprinkle.

You wanna know if Haskins is the future? Give him proven weapons. You wanna make excuses for him? Fill up the offense with a bunch of unknowns and hopefulls.

I agree but that’s why coaches are so important in the NFL. Scott Turner values tight ends like his pop. Olsen had monster years in Carolina after struggling a little in Chicago. I’m sure he will be important in the development of any TEs we have this year. I’ll give him the benefit of doubt for now. 

7 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

So you want to overspend just because Ebrons a name. Ever heard of Darren Waller before last year. Probably not and look what he became. 

Yep. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Trent trade. There were quite a few 3rd to 5th round TEs that I liked over the last 2 drafts ... wonder if we'll see any of them coming back in any Trent trade (should one matriculate). Some names:

Josh Oliver - JAX (3rd in 2019)

Kahale Warring - HOU (3rd in 2019)

Mike Gesicki - MIA (1st in 2018)

Jordan Akins - HOU (3rd in 2018)

Chris Herndon - NYJ (4th in 2018)

Most if not all of these guys are their teams TE1 this year so hard to see them being traded. But just a thought.

This is more for the draft thread, but if we don't trade off #2 I would not be surprised if we stay at 66 and take the best player (CB/TE/WR/OT) ... and then trade off 4.2 and turn that into maybe a mid-4th and mid-5th. Add some mid-round capital to make multiple "gos" at some of these positions.

14 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I love the idea of Chase Young at #2, and would have to be overwhelmed to consider trading out of that spot. However, I'm starting to wonder if Kyle/Ron wouldn't prefer the haul from a trade? Yes, I know that Keim and others have said its Young or bust at #2, but it is also apparent that no beat writer has a solid source in this new F.O. (nor should they have access too Kyle/Ron's thoughts on sensitive information). 

Keim's been pretty much nailing FA thus far.  He and Donaldson seem to be the most plugged in to this new group.  No one is going to get it all right because those aren't reports but just leaks they hear from sources.  

Also, Keim isn't saying Young or bust.  He among every beat guy just keep saying they hear they love Chase in that building and for that reason they don't expect a trade down.  But none of them are saying it's not possible.

Ron has the reputation of being a fairly honest dude.  He said something to the effect in one interview that he had a specific price for that #2 pick but then said something to the effect that he thinks it's unlikely he gets that haul.

I think the Cam situation might effect trade down scenarios.    I ironically am playing the role of the Dolphins in the board's mock draft and traded up to #2 just now real cheap, didn't even need to throw a first rounder in the deal.  In real life, if SD signs Cam, I'd wonder who the competition left would be for the Dolphins where they'd feel they need to trade up or give a big haul to do it?

I personally I am not in the trade down crowd.  I might consider it though if I got an insane offer but I doubt we get an offer like that. Will see. 

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m simply stating that everyone believes they’re going to be better the next year & Clev has a direct parallel. I don’t think you can wait until Young has played to agree or not, that doesn’t make sense... all I said was Clev fans felt they’d be much better with their once in a generation DE ... they won zero.

I agreed with your point on other threads that you need a QB to be good.  That's why in that same post where I mentioned Young I mentioned my uncertainty about Haskins.

But if Haskins is decent, I do think Young will help this specific defense because i do agree with the thought of the domino effect of adding a top pass rusher to an already talented D line.  I've made this point on another threads which is if we were adding Young to lets say the 2017 Redskins defense I wouldn't be that jazzed.  But I do believe there will be a ripple effect with Chase, Allen, Payne, Sweat playing together.  

13 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Have Skins made any contact with Robby Anderson??

Not sure but personally I’m not interested. Questionable character and I’d rather see a veteran guy help mold our very young WR Corps.

Emmanuel Sanders would be a great addition I think.

I kinda liked Hentges last year. Looks like he may be the guy. Haskins did a good job finding him as well. He’s as good or better than everyone else that’s out there still. Draft we know they will get one somewhere 

1 minute ago, Lovi said:

I kinda liked Hentges last year. Looks like he may be the guy. Haskins did a good job finding him as well. He’s as good or better than everyone else that’s out there still. Draft we know they will get one somewhere 

Hentges is underrated.  He is the best TE on the team, IMO.  

1 hour ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Either way Haskins needs weapons around him to succeed and not giving him that just isn’t fair on the kid! If Ron isn’t a fan he needs to sign up a Cam or whoever he is a fan of and go from there 

Understood, but I dont think he's weaponless either.  He doesnt have a TE certainly, but he does have 2 dynamic guys in Mclaurin and Sims Jr and a stable of talented RBs.  I mean, Mclaurin right now today is the best WR in the division.

They need that talented #2 WR, which they could still very well get. #2 types like Sanders is still out there, Anderson is still out there, Funchess, etc. And I dont think we've seen the best of Harmon either.  

Haskins isnt out there with one arm tied behind his back.  

2 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I kinda hope at this point they don’t go after a FA WR. None of them excite me that much and I think there is cheaper and at least equivalent talent in the draft. OT to me is the biggest concern

One word .. Perriman. He’s the only guy I want in FA. Sanders is a second because he’s a vet but TMac and Simms did fine without a vet to play with. I do think Harmon could benefit his game playing behind a bigger more physical wideout. 

9 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

One word .. Perriman. He’s the only guy I want in FA. Sanders is a second because he’s a vet but TMac and Simms did fine without a vet to play with. I do think Harmon could benefit his game playing behind a bigger more physical wideout. 

We had Perriman in house and didn’t impress them either. And that was prior to TMac and Sims. His talent is easily found in the draft IMO

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I’m simply stating that everyone believes they’re going to be better the next year & Clev has a direct parallel. I don’t think you can wait until Young has played to agree or not, that doesn’t make sense... all I said was Clev fans felt they’d be much better with their once in a generation DE ... they won zero.

And...that still worked out great for them because they wound up getting the number one pick and now have killed FA two years in a row and if Mayfield is good, they will be too. 

If we get Chase Young, I don’t expect him to change the whole team in a year. I expect him to get 8-11 sacks as a rookie and look pretty good and explode in his second or third year, like most stud pass rushers. 

I do also agree with what SIP said. We aren’t adding him to our DL in 2017 or to the line Cleveland had. We are adding him to Ioannidis, Allen, Payne, and Sweat. And JDR has already said that we are going to aggressively rush the passer and tackle the RB on the way to the QB. And elite pass rushers have always seemed to produce their best seasons under JDR, which makes me think it’s not just talk. 

I could easily see Allen, Ioannidis, Sweat and Young collecting roughly 10 sacks. That would be 36-40 sacks without factoring in backups, all from the DL. That alone will lead to much better coverage from the back 7.

the one thing that worries me about the defense is actually...the offense. It’s hard for a defense to produce at an elite level if the offense can’t stay on the field. We need to be able to put together drives and put up some scores. If we put teams in a position where they have to pass to keep up with us, our DL can pin their ears back even more. 

7 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

How about former Chief Demarcus Robinson?

He and Sanders are the only ones I see that fit what the Skins are looking for, however I've heard that Sander's price tag is high right now.  I'd like either but would prefer Sanders because of his leadership and past long term stats.  

9 minutes ago, Lovi said:

We had Perriman in house and didn’t impress them either. And that was prior to TMac and Sims. His talent is easily found in the draft IMO

To be fair, he was here for like 2 minutes.  Clearly, in Tampa, they gave him a larger look and he proved them right.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That’s a great deal for the Browns.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Yikes

I agree. We were told by Turner that TE is crucial to his offensive scheme.

Going to have to trade for one or draft one of these 50/50 prospects by the looks of it.

Archived