Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I dunno why you all are surprised. New England’s been setting up for a tank year since the playoffs. Come out next year with Lawrence, a rebuilt defense, and you are competitive for the next 5-8 easy. It’s the smart play. They have no inclination to be good next year. They are looking at 2021

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Huh...study, hard work, dedication, attention to detail and a team first attitude...what manner of folly is this? 

I am unaccustomed to these qualities being applied to our free agent acquisitions. This doesn't sound like the Bruce Allen era Redskins in the least-- and needless to say that's a good thing indeed.

5 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Huh...study, hard work, dedication, attention to detail and a team first attitude...what manner of folly is this? 

I am unaccustomed to these qualities being applied to our free agent acquisitions. This doesn't sound like the Bruce Allen era Redskins in the least-- and needless to say that's a good thing indeed.

That's because it's not an Allen-era Redskins. Allen traded him away like a ****ing moron.

39 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm hoping the Redskins go after burners as opposed to possession receivers.  I'd prefer Anderson, maybe even philip dorsett.  Harmon and cam sims can handle the possession receiver role.  Let's add some speed to open things up for DH.

A serviceable TE who can catch will be God sent for the Skins offense. I like our young receivers. I think Harmon can give you almost the same thing as Amari.  I will take whatever I am losing on Amari at 20/22 million.  He is not worth that kind of money. 

I am with you on the burners in the draft. For the draft, they should find who the Chiefs have on their draft board at receiver and draft him. Chiefs, seem to find burners. 

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

It’s Tampa or San Diego (or Chicago as the dark horse team). It’s not Vegas.

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He's a California native, SD makes the most sense imo.  Good weapons there that he didn't have last year.  

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Go to Charger. Sell Chargers on a trade for Trent and whatever to get us that #1 pick of theirs.

Public service announcement: there is no team in San Diego. 

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I dunno why you all are surprised. New England’s been setting up for a tank year since the playoffs. Come out next year with Lawrence, a rebuilt defense, and you are competitive for the next 5-8 easy. It’s the smart play. They have no inclination to be good next year. They are looking at 2021

Belichick is still a very good coach.  Arguably the greatest coach of all time.  

None of his teams will tank for anything. He will have them very prepared to compete at a high level. 

He has an ego. He will want to prove that it wasn't the QB that made his teams great. 

56 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If Brady goes to the Chargers good chance that TW might be called upon to protect his blindside and hopefully take less money.  Their #37 pick would be welcoming. :)

They will feel the pain of not winning the division like they have.  No doubt.  Brady pretty much made that team a successful one along with BB.

I am mildly upset at Trent but from a different angle than you are.  If I recall you don't like him from a loyalty to the Redskins angle or money-greed?  For me, I got no issue with a player who has been here forever preferring to go elsewhere for a new start.   I can just imagine the lure of going somewhere would be for a player who put up with all the loses and drama for 10 years or so. 

My thing with Trent is for a dude who wants to go elsewhere -- make it easier for the Redskins to let him do it.  Keim doubled down today again about how Trent's contract demands have turned off suitors.  So if that dude legitimately wants to leave then play ball without being such a hardliner on the contract because otherwise he will get what he doesn't wish for which is a return to the Redskins.

I recall Trent saying something to the effect, that yeah its over now with the Redskins when the Redskins granted his agent the ability to negotiate with other teams.  But here we are and I'd put money that Trent is telling his agent right now something to the effect of dude you told me teams would be lining up to pay me 20 million a  year, what's happening?  And that goes double after yesterday where the Jets-Browns might not even be in the market for Trent anymore.

So my point is I wouldn't let Trent's high demands for a contract dictate giving him away for a ham sandwich.  If they can't trade him for decent compensation, it's on him.   I think Trent is a good LT so I wouldn't give him away.  And if I was mad at Trent, heck it would be even more fun to force him back here.  How humiliating it is to basically get rejected after putting yourself out there like that.  I am not really that mad at Trent but if I were bringing him back to the Redskins I think is a win on that front, too. 

Standig today

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.57.38 AM.png

2 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

None of his teams will tank for anything. He will have them very prepared to compete at a high level. 

He has an ego. He will want to prove that it wasn't the QB that made his teams great. 

Bill has been ahead of the curve for 2 decades. Yea, I don’t doubt for a second he would throw a season to get the phenom 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan doubling down on what Keim has politely suggested in recent weeks which is the Redskins aren't an attractive destination for most players.  We've kind of turned into what the Browns once were, a place where you got to overpay for a FA because otherwise this isn't a sexy destination.

It was pretty sobering to listen to Keim say (and he's far from a flame thrower) that from what he heard Cleveland was a more attractive destination for Hooper so to lure him away from there, the Redskins had to do better than just match their offer.

I love the Rivera hire.  Love Kyle, too.  And I think they can dig themselves out of this hole but it sounds like they got some digging to do. 

We won three games last year and have given the impression that we are unsettled at QB because of what I consider to be incompetence in handling Haskins, and a lack of clear commitment to him.  Of course we're not going to be attractive to FAs who are making decisions for one and two season windows.  But our perception can be turned around as soon as next offseason just by winning more games and developing and commiting to Haskins.

3 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Exactly!  Which is why I thought Brady would never leave the pats.  There will always be a debate here in New England about who is mostly responsible for the pats rings: Brady or belichick.  That's why I think there is a 0% chance Brady goes to Vegas, bc ppl will say Brady couldn't do it on his own.  Raiders won't even make the playoffs in 2020 even with brady.  Also 0% that the pats tank.  Brady to Tampa I'd put at 2%.  Brady to chargers I think is the front runner, and Brady to Indy a possibility.  Both of those teams have a shot with an upgrade at QB. Especially the chargers with a couple easy moves.  

The pats will reload, I could see them signing Bridgewater, and they will be right there in the end once again. No tanking for the pats. 

The Brady news is incredibly good fortune for us.  

A. It makes the Chargers more likely to trade for Trent to try to lure Brady there.

B. It makes the Jets more likely to trade for Trent in a now wide-open AFC East.

I will be disappointed if Trent is still here by the end of this week.

If Tom Brady heads west to the LA Chargers, I think Trent makes a lot of sense over there protecting his blindside.

I would love to get Hunter Henry back from the Chargers in the deal ... maybe even Mike Williams. But I would guess that the team is hoping to load up on offense for a 1-2 year run here, so we are probably talking draft pick(s) not players.

Which is fine with me. The Chargers would be really smart to sign Tom Brady, trade us #37 for Trent Williams, and use the #6 pick on Justin Herbert. But I would assume Tom wants to play 2 more years, so drafting Herbert might be premature, since he'd have to sit for 2 years. Maybe drafting a guy in the 3rd (Hurts) and using #6 somewhere else would be the play there. Hard to say.

But if the Chargers want to protect Tom, having Pick #6 and spending it on an OT is a smart way to go ... but since your window is 2 years with Tom ... maybe 3 ... Trent seems like the perfect fit.

Fuller had two interceptions last year and we paid him $40 million.  Must be nice to be him.   I would have stayed in Kansas City if I were in his shoes.

As teams are releasing players who are too expensive for their existing teams we should be pouring over those lists to see if we can grab some of those

guys from other teams.  I think Brady is going to the Bucs with Bruce Arians.  His family moved to Florida.

Archived