Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, WilberMarshall said:

I think Harmon can give you almost the same thing as Amari.

I get not wanting to pay Amari and the potential upside of Harmon on a 6th round contract.

But lol at this. 

26 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A second for Trent feels like a minimum acceptable offer, but the trade market has been ridiculous and unpredictable.  Stefon Diggs went for a King's Ransom after a down season while DeAndre Hopkins, a future HoFers went for peanuts.

Agree but the problem seems to be Trent is asking for an extension and 20 million plus a year in the mix.  That's what makes the whole thing according to both national and local reporters dicey.  Trent needs to perhaps back off asking for the moon to facilitate a trade.  

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Murray was light years ahead of Haskins last year.

Not sure if Allen or Darnold are good QBs yet.

Strongly disagree about Murray.  He struggled too as a rookie, and Haskins actually ended up with a better PFF grade than him.

Nobody can know if these guys are good NFL QBs yet because they've been equally uneven.  But the difference for Allen, Darnold, Murray, and Jones is that their organizations haven't cast doubt on their futures by **** footing around with them.  They've committed to them, and that's the right way to handle a young QB.  We've been incompetent in our handling of every QB we've had going back beyond Jason Campbell.  Haskins has been no exception, and when you combine that level of short term uncertainty about our QB situation with a really poor 2019 season, we have no curb appeal to free agents.  We're bargain shopping among guys who don't have choices, or bringing in a guy coming off a down season who has a prior connection to the organization.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I don't get the impression though that the issue is that with Haskins as for FAs.  

I don't mean to say that it is.  I think the issue isn't about Haskins in particular, but that a free agent signing a deal right now can't even be sure who our QB is going to be midway through next season.  We don't seem to have a solid plan for QB or a real commitment to Haskins.  That is very unappealing to a free agent, especially if he plays offense, and especially if he has an offer from another team where he does know who the QB is going to be for the next couple of years.

Agreed that the gossipy criticism of Haskins that's become the dominant narrative about the guy in the media is what a bad organization does.  Spreading that **** about your player is what a bunch of ****wits who don't have the first ****ing clue about how to handle a young QB would do, so there you go.  It's going to be harder for Haskins to get his career off the ground than for his peers and thus earn stability/credibility.  The lack of organizational commitment has been and will continue to be a significant barrier for him.  Having so much dead money tied up in Trent Williams and Alex Smith is a huge barrier.  Being unable to sign decent FAs  in a critical stage of his development is a huge barrier.  Bad organizations don't make franchise QBs, and we've operated as a bad organization for a long time.  For Haskins to have a real chance to get going, the whole FO and coaching staff is going to have to be way better than they were under the old regime.

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Based on non-advanced stats, without context, sure.

Anyway, the only real hang-up I can see that would make Brady pass on the Chargers is having to share a division with Mahomes and Reid.  Brady, more than anyone, knows the value of having a doormat division that guarantees a playoff berth every year.  It will be much tougher to win that division with Mahomes in it.  But then again, the same would be true playing in Tampa, going against Brees and Payton.

Or based on watching the games. 

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Here comes Cam

I really hope Rivera isn't that dumb. I don't think he is, but talk about torpedoing your team before you even get started, you'd be giving up assets you don't even have to bring a battered Cam to town. This ain't 2015 anymore, the guy has taken a ton of punishment and has only played 16 games in the last 2 years. (granted 14 of those were last year)

I doubt Cam comes here bc I really do think this regime wants to develop Haskins, and likes him. Despite the mishandling of the last regime.

But if they have doubt about Haskins and Cam can be had at a reasonable cost...the worthwhile-ness of the move in that scenario ONLY relies on his health. Because he's a star and a winner with a defense and some weapons if he's healthy. 

It all depends on his cost, and RR's relationship with him vs. early relationship and belief in Haskins. 

You all will hate to hear this but one of the only things that would probably move Snyder's stubbornness off of Haskins (assuming he hasn't already relinquished all that to RR) would be a superstar like Cam Newton. 

26 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I agree Murray was 'better' than Haskins, but there are a lot of factors involved here that don't really allow me to say they were THAT far apart.

Murray was starter the second his name was read at the podium, Haskins was hidden on the scout team.  Rumors that he didnt even practice actual Redskins plays til he was named the starter, and Murray was in a completely different styled offense, where he was asked to throw.  Haskins was in an offense that was designed to be run first.

Never once did I say there weren’t multiple factors involved. But I have a VERY strong opinion that based on WATCHING both guys last year, that anyone who thinks they were close didn’t watch Murray or are leaning way too hard on stats and have serious homer glasses on.

I am NOT saying that Haskins can’t be a good quarterback. I am speaking on last season.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I'm sure you watched every Cardinals game last season.

I watched a lot of them. Absolutely. That’s what happens when you have Sunday Ticket, Red Zone and they play a lot of 4 o clock games. 

Just now, KDawg said:

Never once did I say there weren’t multiple factors involved. But I have a VERY strong opinion that based on WATCHING both guys last year, that anyone who thinks they were close didn’t watch Murray or are leaning way too hard on stats and have serious homer glasses on.

I am NOT saying that Haskins can’t be a good quarterback. I am speaking on last season.

I gotcha.  I admit i did not watch Murray anywhere near as closely as Haskins, for obvious reasons, so I am looking through a bit of a pair of tinted glasses. 

Archived